Single mother of 5 proudly poses with children in law school graduation photos: 'We did it'

comte

JF-Expert Member
Dec 11, 2011
The time has come for me to graduate (high honors)!!!!! I am so excited cause I never saw myself here...I am 1 step closer to Law School!!!! Whoooop!!! It may be small to everyone else, but ya'll don't know my story or what I've been through in life!!!! When others told me I can't, or it's going to be hard with 5 kids....God said I can and if God be for me, who can be against me!!!! So many things have came at me to defeat me, but no weapon formed against me shall prosper!!!! I would be NOTHING without God and all praise and glory goes to Him!!! He brought me to and through my trials and tribulations and stayed with me along the way!!!!! Yea it was hard doing it with 5 kids, but those 5 kids is what motivated me, along with the prayers, encouragement and support of my Bishop Richard Holman and Pastor Louise Holman, my immediate family and friends, and The Almighty Father I made it! I know my mama and daddy are looking down from heaven, proud as ever....I'm a living testimony of what God can do...... I literally started from the bottom.....now I'm here!!!!! Ain't nobody mad but the Devil....but there is Power in the name Jesus....to break every chain!!!! Works!!

Single mother of 5 proudly poses with children in law school graduation photos: 'We did it'
0aa366687e52cb8241b0ce441300c647

Ieshia Champs stands at center with her children (left to right) E’mani, 5, Kaleb, 8, Khassidy,11, Davien, 12, and David, 14. (Photo: Richard Holman Photography)

Ieshia Champs never could have imagined what she would achieve when she grew up, as she bounced around family homes, entered into the foster care system, and had her first child at age 19. But nearly 14 years and a total of five kids later, the single mother is about to graduate from law school after a difficult journey — and she says her faith led her through it all.

Back
Top Bottom