Should abortion be legal or illegal in Tanzania?

No matter how you look at it, killing a baby in its mother womb IS murder in the FIRST DEGREE!

Mwelewa

What if you were the fetus in the womb? What if your mother chose abortion? Where would you be today? You wouldn't be here to read this.

So choose life for your children's sake and your child's children's sake. Because when you take away one life, you take away many. My mother chose life and I'm glad she did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it should legal for those who cannot provide services to their child

The life of unborn child is depending on mother situation. Bring a child to a mother who did not what it, it is horrible to baby.

I would only support thoughts that stand for something than a man who stands for nothing in life. And therefore I would suggest tht let it be legal to some extent but not to a large extent, only let it be that which is in is a problem to a mother that may lead to her death if she may keep it but if one is rapped is also something we should put in mind cause I don't think that any person deserves to be loved and cared for and everybody has a right to know his or her father. Let me end here to let others share their views.
A baby is living in the womb and deserves a chance. If your raped give the baby away. Pro-abortionists say that outlawing abortion would restrict a woman's right to privacy. Is that right absolute? Does somebody's right to privacy exceed another's right to live? God created life and it is a sin to take it away.

First we should look on the types of legal systems which we are apply in our country. Tanzania we are using
common law, customary, religious, and other. But which one among those is agree with such thing? After knowing that then why we should legalize it? There is no need to do so

I am fathering one child, we (I and my wife) agreed to abort twice as long as we were not able to provide maximum care for the second and third child. I am really feeling guilty for those two cases. God forgive us, am realy sorry for that. Abortion should not be legal in any circumstance.

I am fathering one child, we (I and my wife) agreed to abort twice as long as we were not able to provide maximum care for the second and third child. I am really feeling guilty for those two cases. God forgive us, am realy sorry for that. Abortion should not be legal in any circumstance.

God Bless you

Amazing that all who stand for murderous abortion are living. Go back and thank your moms that they were sensible and intelligent and merciful that they didn't abort you. Afterwards stop spreading abortion nonsense

I always consider abortion is alternative way of killing an innocent one where know body knows may be one day the one you kill could be a president or likewise in other sectors therefore there must be strict laws prohibiting this habit unless otherwise we are going to lose man power in this country.

A lovely son;

How if some one abort only to save her life as ayoung girl of 14 being raped and she get pregnant and the doctor foresee that the girl can not be able to survive if she get birth and decide to abort a girl.

Is that legal or illegal see the case of REPUBLIC VS BOURNE also read the case of ROE VS WADE

Last edited by a moderator:
How if some one abort only to save her life as ayoung girl of 14 being raped and she get pregnant and the doctor foresee that the girl can not be able to survive if she get birth and decide to abort a girl. Is that legal or illegal see the case of REPUBLIC VS BOURNE also read the case of ROE VS WADE
So why saving a mother is more important to you than saving a baby?
aren't both humans? Why is the baby unimportant to you?
suppose that baby was you what would be your choice?

For the grounds you have exposed, it is unreasonable for the law to allow a woman/ girl to make abortion, in my view and it is the practice in our hospital on medical ethics and if the need to serve life of the woman arise, abortion is done.

So let our law clearly incorporate this medical practice. But in no circumstances such as the wish of the woman should warrant unjustifiable abortion, it is immoral in Tanzania

For the grounds you have exposed, it is unreasonable for the law to allow a woman/ girl to make abortion, in my view and it is the practice in our hospital on medical ethics and if the need to serve life of the woman arise, abortion is done. So let our law clearly incorporate this medical practice. But in no circumstances such as the wish of the woman should warrant unjustifiable abortion, it is immoral in Tanzania

The law is only as good as the people who follow it. When I was a student in Tanzania, I have heard and witnessed my friends encouraging their girl friends to perform abortion so they won't be expelled from school. What's worse, some male teachers, who used to have sexual relationships with students, did exactly same when they faced similar predicaments. Mind you, these teachers were supposed to be the guardians of students or the gate keepers.

The point I want to make isn't necessary the legalization of abortion. But the understand of the problem. At one point young people become sexually active. Is it illegal to be sexually active? The answer is no. Is it immoral to be sexually active? The answer is no. If the answer is no, why do we deny our young people the knowledge of understanding their bodies? We have the law that stipulates that abortion is illegal. However, the number of people who have been execute since the law was enacted is almost zero despite massive underground abortion activities.

Illegal abortions have cost the lives of young people and if you take a closer look you might find out the law hasn't improved the moral value of the society. The law hasn't protected the lives of unborn children either. So what's the point of having it?

Recently I have done small study of induced abortion in four secondary school in one city of the country. What i found is quite impressive as most of sexual active students use contraceptives mainly condom, so it is good for pregnancy as well as HIV prevention. However, it is still evidently that when pregnancy happens 95% abort. Thanks to the abortive drugs that they uses, after that, many suffer only bleeding and mostly they did not require hospital care.

double R, So based on your research, one could concluded that the improvement in medicine has made the law irrelevant. How can the country enforce the law when it's difficult to find the offenders?

So based on your research, one could concluded that the improvement in medicine has made the law irrelevant. How can the country enforce the law when it's difficult to find the offenders?

I agree with that conclusion that the law is irrelevant for that case but it could be enforced with the restriction to prescription of the abortion's drugs.

On the other hand, the law enforcers are not real serious on the matter. When I was searching other literature concerning abortion in Africa, I came across with the document that had stories of people in Rwanda who were jailed after they have been found guilty following their involvement in illegal abortion cases. Most have been caught in hospital. I've never seen this in our country. I've never heard that somebody is sued after engaging in illegal induced abortion.

So, though there is advancement in medicine, the window to enforce the current law is still open and amazingly we don't use it at all. I understand those students are not even aware of the Tanzania abortion law and punishment following that case.

Back
Top Bottom