Sex, Sexuality, Ego & Gender Roles -- Great discussion

HoneyBee

JF-Expert Member
Oct 23, 2012
This popped up on my Facebook feed so I decided to share with my JF family. Najua kulikuwa na topic ya male ego, sasa kuna mtu alikuwa anaongelea female ego inavyoharibu mambo. Majibu yalikuwa 30+ lakini nilichagua mbili tu ku-share.

Grab a coffee, tea or another drink (if you're hungover) and enjoy the read!

Facebook User: I read somewhere that a woman had casual sex on holiday and it boosted her ego!! A woman has an ego now? And it is boosted by casual sex? Guess she hunted and got her kill! Is this still gender equality? Perhaps the reason why our gender based roles in society are diminishing and increasing the high divorce rate and casual relationships that lead to nothing defined by the Holy Book! Perhaps the reason for the rising number of gay/lesbian relationships! The reason why kids are being raised by TV and Facebook, mummy is out drinking to boost her ego while daddy is at work!

Female friend's response:

"An independent woman doesn't need a man and is less likely to get into marriage which is viewed to most likely end in divorce in any case" is a very narrow minded statement. Thankfully there are plenty of inspiring women out there who both manage to be bread winners AND submissive care takers, plenty of them also in togetherness with a husband, who is also a bread winner AND submissive care taker. Speaking of ego boost in that sense, must so women stay at home cleaning the house and making food so that the man can maintain his ego, even though the woman and the man can find a solution together where they can both pursue their goals career wise? Don't let yourself be fooled by a simple article posted in the media about a loose woman, that the women of the future have no hope as and that an independent woman means gay children and meaningless relationship.

Male friend's response:

Ego is a universal thing it does not affect one gender more than the other. Men have just made a big deal if it whereas women have got on with things inspite of it. If I am not mistaken it is also one of the things the bible you speak off warns against.

In my humble opinion it is perfectly acceptable for a lady to have her ego boosted by a sexual encounter, meaningless or otherwise. If it made her feel better about herself good for her. It may not be the best way to go about it but let's be honest we all like to feel that we are still sexually attractive.

As for clearly defined gender roles in relationships those are purely human constructs. Past giving birth and tending to children in infancy vis a vis breastfeeding I see no gender specific roles. Men and women are both capable of earning and taking care of the household it is up to the individuals in a relationship to decide how they decide the roles.

I feel the use of the bible in the defense of archaic concepts of maLe and female roles is a crutch people need to stop leaning on because the truth is, things change. Roles change, we aren't hunter gatherers anymore. The ability to earn is not determined by physicality in gender but instead by our capacity to perform in the work place. And we do not all choose to follow traditional paths of employment. Women regularly out earn their male counter parts. Though not as often as should be the case, because sadly it is still a 'mans world'.

I just don't believe popular opinion should determine how we feel, behave, and conduct ourselves.

If we are to grow and move forward as a society we need to let go of the 'rules' and traditions that hold us back. My paycheck is not the measure of my manhood.

As an aside when I was 6 my mom went home to visit family and my dad was left with the kids, he tried to cook, it was not an experience any of us enjoyed though we appreciated the effort. Luckily I was good at it so he has never had to try again. Funnily enough I didn't once think to start calling him mama.
:clap2:

mhm mambo ya ego hayo....for me ego inakuja pale tuu kwenye mambo ya kugegedana. basiiiiiiiiiiii. as wen it comes to married life hamna ego hapo.

You win the award for the most use of the word "kugegedana". Dang ! Did you just discover sex? Lol

mhm mambo ya ego hayo....for me ego inakuja pale tuu kwenye mambo ya kugegedana. basiiiiiiiiiiii. as wen it comes to married life hamna ego hapo.

Sijakuelewa. Did you want to say that females dont have an ego? Coz even a dog has one. But the last para summarizes everything nicely, cooking doesnt make you mamma, no less than buying groceries makes you a dad and husband. Same as standing in the gerage all day doesnt make you car?

Precisely. Just to clarify, I'm not the person who posted the topic. This popped up in my Facebook feed, thought it would be great to share since we always talk about sexuality and gender roles.

Sijakuelewa. Did you want to say that females dont have an ego? Coz even a dog has one. But the last para summarizes everything nicely, cooking doesnt make you mamma, no less than buying groceries makes you a dad and husband. Same as standing in the gerage all day doesnt make you car?

You win the award for the most use of the word "kugegedana". Dang ! Did you just discover sex? Lol

hahaha thanks for the award...i just like the sound of the word...and especially wen u say it to a gal after u have finished gegedaring her hahaha.
well as a matter of fact i started gegedaring this year so yeah still in total exstacy lol

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom