Send free sms/chat from Gmail to mobile, currently to Airtel and Tigo users only in Tanzania

JF2050

JF-Expert Member
Sep 25, 2010
  • From Gmail, click on Settings, and go to the Labs tab.
  • Scroll down until you see “Text Messaging (SMS) in Chat” and select Enable.
  • Also enable the “SMS in Chat gadget” and then Save Changes.
  • In the Send SMS box above Chat, enter the phone number you want to send a SMS to.
  • Hit the Enter Button.
  • In the dialog box, enter Contact name of the SMS recipient and check that country and phone number are correct, then, click Save.
  • Type your message in the chat window and hit Enter.
  • Your message will be sent to the phone number you entered.
  • If your contact replies, the text message response will appear as a reply in Chat. These conversations are stored in your Chat history just like regular chats.
  • Keep chating and enjoy, I like Gmail.

• From Gmail, click on Settings, and go to the Labs tab.
  • Scroll down until you see "Text Messaging (SMS) in Chat" and select Enable.
  • Also enable the "SMS in Chat gadget" and then Save Changes.
  • In the Send SMS box above Chat, enter the phone number you want to send a SMS to.
  • Hit the Enter Button.
  • In the dialog box, enter Contact name of the SMS recipient and check that country and phone number are correct, then, click Save.
  • Type your message in the chat window and hit Enter.
  • Your message will be sent to the phone number you entered.
  • If your contact replies, the text message response will appear as a reply in Chat. These conversations are stored in your Chat history just like regular chats.
  • Keep chating and enjoy, I like Gmail.

this is no totally free, ni kwa muda,when u finish the credit, you have to pay!!!

this is no totally free, ni kwa muda,when u finish the credit, you have to pay!!!
inakua totally free endapo mtu unaemtumia sms atareply kupitia gmail, kila anaporeply credit zako zinaongezeka... mi natumia mwezi wa tatu sasa na credit za sms bado zipo

Ndio na ni kwa Vodacom na Tigo, sio Airtel, I've edited this.

inakua totally free endapo mtu unaemtumia sms atareply kupitia gmail, kila anaporeply credit zako zinaongezeka... mi natumia mwezi wa tatu sasa na credit za sms bado zipo

Thanks hbi kwa ufafanuzi uliotoa.

Back
Top Bottom