Seeking Resources to Learn Kiswahili

keith_983

Dec 24, 2021
I've been learning Kiswahili for roughly a year using Duolingo. It has been very useful and I have had no problems with it, but I think it would be very helpful for me to also use other resources to learn Kiswahili.

I am aware that the language, like most languages, definitely requires more than just knowing the vocabulary and how to translate sentences and phrases. Such as proper usage and conjugations of words that simply don't have a proper English equivalent. In other words, how to use the language on your own.

If anyone happens to know any websites, books, helpful tips, etc., I would appreciate it.

I didn't see any website/books that direct/guide you on how to speak Swahili. What i can advice you find native speaker who will share some knowledge on how to pronounce some words properly i swear within six months you will be pro Swahili speaker. You will thank me later

I agree that it would be better for you to talk with a native. Personally, I'm learning Spanish, and I can tell you that since I decided to learn spanish lingopie, watching movies and TV shows helps me understand natives and learn words and phrases that people actually use in real life. And if I had a Spanish friend, I'd definitely ask for help.