Scolari Named As New Chelsea Coach!

Kana-Ka-Nsungu

JF-Expert Member
Oct 4, 2007
Kwa mujibu wa breaking news iliyopo sasa hivi kwenye skysports news ni kwamba Luis Fellipe Scolari, huyu kocha wa sasa wa Portugal na kocha wa zamani wa Brazil ataanza kazi hiyo rasmi kuanzia julai mosi huko darajani Stanmford. Je ataweza? je atadumu?

Premier League - Scolari to take over at Chelsea

Chelsea have confirmed Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari as their new manager.
The Brazilian was one of the favourites to succeed Avram Grant in the Stamford Bridge hotseat but the timing of his appointment has come as a huge surprise.

Scolari is currently managing Portugal at Euro 2008 and was not expected to make a decision about his future until after the tournament.

A statement from Stamford Bridge read:

"Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm that Luiz Felipe Scolari will be the club's new manager from July 1, 2008.

"Felipe has great qualities. He is one of the world's top coaches with a record of success at country and club level, he gets the best out of a talented squad of players and his ambitions and expectations match ours. He was the outstanding choice.

"Out of respect for his current role as Head Coach of the Portuguese national team, and to ensure minimum disruption to this work, there will be no further comment from Chelsea FC nor from Felipe about his new role until his employment with us commences."

Despite a number of big-name managers being linked with the job following Avram Grant's sacking last month, it is understood Scolari was always Chelsea's number one choice and nobody else was offered the position.

He is likely to be unveiled during the first week of July, at which time the details of his contract will also be revealed.

Scolari's appointment comes less than a week after he insisted he would not discuss his future until after Euro 2008.

He said at the time: "What's going to happen to me after Euro 2008 - if I am going to stay or leave - concerns (only) me and I am not going to talk about it now.

"If I decide to leave or stay, I am only going to make a public declaration at the end of Euro 2008. If something else happens during the Euros, I am not going to answer although things may go this way or that way but I am here to work for the Euros.

"I started working for Portugal in 2004, then I signed up for 2006. I might sign again, I might leave the squad, I don't know."

Scolari's biggest achievement was leading Brazil to World Cup glory in 2002 and he famously turned down the chance to manage England following Sven-Goran Eriksson's departure in 2006.

The 59-year-old has no experience of managing at club level in Europe.

Before becoming an international manager, he enjoyed success at club level in Brazil, winning South America's equivalent of the Champions League - the Copa Libertadores - with two different clubs.

Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo could come up against his current coach next season if Manchester United succeed in fending off the interest of Real Madrid but the winger does not begrudge the Brazilian ending his time in international football.

Instead, he respect's Scolari's right to move on - even though his presence is sure to galvanise Chelsea as they seek to put an end to United's two-season hold on the Premier League title.

"He needs to look for his future. I respect that," said Ronaldo, speaking after tonight's match against the Czech Republic but before Scolari's appointment was announced.

"If he has better conditions, better things for the family and for him, I respect that.

"This is football, it's always like that. If he goes there it's going to be difficult. If he doesn't go there, another coach will do good work as well."

Former Chelsea midfielder Ray Wilkins described Scolari as "a manager of top quality".

He told Sky Sports News: "It appears that he's up for a challenge. He's a big guy, he's charismatic. This will be a breath of fresh air."

Stamford Bridge legend Ron Harris also welcomed the appointment.

"I think it's a top-class appointment," he told Sky Sports News.

"They have got a top-class manager."

Harris believes Scolari will introduce free-flowing football to Chelsea.

"When he was manager of Brazil their emphasis was on attacking style - I think he will bring that into Chelsea football club," he added.

Source: Eurosport

Hapa sasa naona tutakua na kocha wa kueleweka.
Interedting fact will be to have Scolari coaching Ze Blues na Ronaldo
anatinga Manchester!!!...Lets wait and see.

ahh wapi i don think if this guy scolari has ever been dat successful when it comes to managing a club....but he i sgud at managing "superstars" so pipo like drogba wanaojiona wao ndio wao ni bora wakaanza jitaftia usawa wao mwengine mapemaaaa

as mwakumbuka huyu jamaa 2002 wakat ule ronaldo katokea kwenye injury...ronaldinho was not dat famous nchi nziiiima ilimtaka amchukue romario as he was the top scorer kwenye ligi yao mule though age ilimtupa mkono,scolari akakataaa even the president akaingilia kati kumshawishi amtake romario,akapiga chini bado!!!so hapendi ingiliwa kazi yake sasa sijui ka atawezana na chelsea kwa muda mrefu

Makocha wengi wa BRAZIL wanapata mafanikio wakiwa na timu za TAIFA hasa ya kwao BRAZIL
Sijawahi kuona kocha aliyepata mafanikio kwenye klabu .Huyu ABROMOVIC yeye anataka kombe na wachezaji anasajili yeye sifikirii kama jamaa atadumu hapo darajani

ahh wapi i don think if this guy scolari has ever been dat successful when it comes to managing a club....but he i sgud at managing "superstars" so pipo like drogba wanaojiona wao ndio wao ni bora wakaanza jitaftia usawa wao mwengine mapemaaaa
Scolari hapendi kuingiliwa kazni kwake kwa Chelsea itakuwa ngumu kwa maoni yangu vibuli vibuli watapigwa chini na ndio itakapokuwa ngumu kwa Abramo na Scolari

Time will Tell...

But i think its a turning point for Chelsea. This time hopefully he will be able to bring the meaning of TEAM at the Bridge.

If you ask me ,the guy won't stay for long with the blues.
Abromovic and Scholari are not compatible.HAKUNA KITU HAPO........

Huyo mrussia anavyotapatapa atamaliza bucha nyama ile ile! Ranieri,José ,Avram Grant sasa mbrazili scolari du bado atamfukuza na huyo sijui nani atafuata
ila afadhali José aliwapa kombe la ligi!

Ranieri,José,Grant now Scolari!Roman atamaliza bucha nyama ile ile!after Scolari sijui atakuwa nani?

Scolari anaaminika kwa utendaj wake wa kazi.

Pili yeye si mtu wa kubabaishwa na maamuzi ya kijinga kama ya kutaka nani acheze na kadhalika. mtakumbuka alivyomtendea Luis Figo na akasugua "bench"?

Ana statue na unaweza kumfananisha na Capello kwa ile tabia yao ya "nonnonsense approach", kwamba huna bidii ya mazoezi huna namba na huchezi.

Halafu mkataba wake na Portugal unaisha tarehe 30 mwezi huu wa June kwa hio amepiga mahesabu na akaona ajaribu "club management".

Na kwa sasa tayari ametoa "list" mbili tofauti ya wachezaji anaowataka na asiowataka na hio ilikuwa katika mazungumzo kabla ya kuandikishana mkataba.

Kwa hio sie watani (Arsenal) tunamkaribisha Scolari ili London kuwe na beatiful football ya Arsenal, Chelsea na Tottenham Hotspurs.

Hii partnership ya Abramovich- Scolari sidhani kama itadumu, only time will tell. Im sure Scolari wont let anyone mess him about and you can be sure he wont be taking any crap from Abramovich or Kenyon and these two idiots wont stand anyone opposing their crazy ideas.

Walau ataigeuza Chelsea kutoka timu ya butua-butua scrapping for 1-0 win to entertaining winning team.

Hata hivyo hii chemistry ya Abramovich/Scolari Im struggling to figure it out kama itadumu

Walau ataigeuza Chelsea kutoka timu ya butua-butua scrapping for 1-0 win to entertaining winning team.

Hata hivyo hii chemistry ya Abramovich/Scolari Im struggling to figure it out kama itadumu
MASATU ULIPOTELEA WAPI MKUBWA/

Sure Masatu, at least game za zE Bluez zitakua na radha kidogo, ila like other pundits walivyoainisha sioni kama hii partnership ya Scolari-Abromo itadumu kivile sana, the future of Chelsea inaelekea kuwa kama ile ya Ze Galactinos Madrid kila msimu kocha mpya, so lets wait and see!!

Kuhusu potential yake as coach, sina hakika sana as much as kuwa kocha wa timu ya taifa ni rahisi kidogo kuliko kuwa kochabwa club ila tumpe mda may be he can prove s'thing for them!