Saudi Minister Escapes Bomber

X-PASTER

JF-Expert Member
Feb 12, 2007

Saudi Arabia's assistant interior minister has survived an assassination attempt in Jeddah.

Prince Muhammed bin Nayef is also a top security official involved in the Kingdom's aggressive anti-terrorism campaign.

The official Saudi news agency says the Prince was meeting with Ramadan well-wishers on Thursday evening when a man blew himself up.

Television footage later showed the prince, apparently suffering from minor injuries, meeting with King Abdullah and explaining what happened.

Reports indicate the suicide bomber was a wanted militant who insisted on meeting the prince to give himself up.

He was apparently carrying a mobile phone and tripped before the meeting, accidentally detonating the bomb.

Source: Agencies

Saudi Arabia's assistant interior minister has survived an assassination attempt in Jeddah.

Prince Muhammed bin Nayef is also a top security official involved in the Kingdom's aggressive anti-terrorism campaign.

The official Saudi news agency says the Prince was meeting with Ramadan well-wishers on Thursday evening when a man blew himself up.

Television footage later showed the prince, apparently suffering from minor injuries, meeting with King Abdullah and explaining what happened.

Reports indicate the suicide bomber was a wanted militant who insisted on meeting the prince to give himself up.

He was apparently carrying a mobile phone and tripped before the meeting, accidentally detonating the bomb.

Source: Agencies

The place I marked with red does not make sense. How can you purposely be carrying a detonator and detonate it accidentally? Why did he have a detonator in the first place? Something in this story doesn't add up. Lakini haya bwana if they say so.

The place I marked with red does not make sense. How can you purposely be carrying a detonator and detonate it accidentally? Why did he have a detonator in the first place? Something in this story doesn't add up. Lakini haya bwana if they say so.
MwanaFA,

nadhani bomu lililipuka kabla jamaa hajamfikia huyo waziri kama alivyokusudia. So the impact was not as they had wanted.

Thats my take though.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom