Saudi Arabia employer throws a Kenyan out of a third floor window

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008
By KIBIWOTT KOROSS and ANTHONY KITIMO Posted Monday, January 11 2010 at 22:30

A Kenyan woman is accusing her Saudi employer of throwing her out of a third floor window, breaking her legs and hands. Another maid, just rescued by relatives, said she had to live on dog food because her employers neither fed her nor allowed her out of the house.

Ms Fatma Athman, of Kisauni, Mombasa, returned to the country last week with broken limbs and stories of near-slavery in Saudi Arabia where she was employed as a maid last May. She was lucky, she said, she landed in a swimming pool and not on the pavement. Now she is dependent on others to help her even with the simplest of chores.

"I and one of my friends were asked by Saudis who visited Kenya eight months ago to go with them. We organised everything through the Kenyan embassy - our agent - and we got documents to travel to the Middle East on May 2 last year," she said. On arrival, she said, she was discriminated against and required to work 22 hours a day.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/840238/-/vp9oc4/-/index.html

By KIBIWOTT KOROSS and ANTHONY KITIMO Posted Monday, January 11 2010 at 22:30

A Kenyan woman is accusing her Saudi employer of throwing her out of a third floor window, breaking her legs and hands. Another maid, just rescued by relatives, said she had to live on dog food because her employers neither fed her nor allowed her out of the house.

Ms Fatma Athman, of Kisauni, Mombasa, returned to the country last week with broken limbs and stories of near-slavery in Saudi Arabia where she was employed as a maid last May. She was lucky, she said, she landed in a swimming pool and not on the pavement. Now she is dependent on others to help her even with the simplest of chores.

“I and one of my friends were asked by Saudis who visited Kenya eight months ago to go with them. We organised everything through the Kenyan embassy — our agent — and we got documents to travel to the Middle East on May 2 last year,” she said. On arrival, she said, she was discriminated against and required to work 22 hours a day.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/840238/-/vp9oc4/-/index.html

Duh!..huu sasa ni ukatili ulioje jamani.
Yaani Saudia hamna dili kabisa kwa mtu mweusi.

Huu ubaguzi unatokana na nini tena??????

Pole sana Fatma.

dnmombasa1101fb.jpg

Fatuma Athuman talks of slavery in Saudi Arabia.

Inaumiza sana utumwa unapoendelea kwa kutumia sharia. Mwanamke na mtu mweusi inaonekana hana thamani kabisa Uarabuni.

Kama wanawake wa Kiarabu hawana haki nchini Saudi Arabia, unategemea nini kwa mwanamke mweusi asie raia nchi hii?

Waarabu watastaarabika lini na kuacha ukatili na manyanyaso kwa wanawake?

Je hakuna uwezekano wa kum sue huyo employer wake? au sheria inasemaje?

Ng'wanza Madaso,

Sheria lazima itamfavor mwenyeji. Hivi visa kibao kweli lakini hamna lolote
linalofanyika. What bothers me is why the respective Ambassadors don't
issue protest notes through the right diplomatic channels. Most of the
time utawasikia wakisema eti wanafanya uchunguzi.For what when the
thing is so obvious.

Hapa sasa hata sijui haya mafunzo ya ubaguzi yanatokana na mila/desturi
ama ni dini? Nasikia hawa watu wa Saudia wanaamini watu weusi ni
watumwa (slaves) in this age and time. Very backward society to say the
least hata kama hela wanazo.

Hii incident inauma sana wakuu. Acha niachie hapo maana naeza kusema
mambo ambayo kwamba yatawakwaza mashabiki wa hawa waarabu.

God save our people.
Amen.

Back
Top Bottom