Samia Suluhu Hassan: A Mother of Africa* _*Eric Gregory Jeremiah*_

Uzalendo wa Kitanzania

JF-Expert Member
Mar 8, 2020
Africa had few female presidents but no one was widely called “Mother”. Today, I met Ugandan young engineers and a Kenyan businessman. All of them said “Mother is doing well” adding that “Samia is not only your mother, but she is a mother of Africa”.

Ugandan engineers said: “Mama Samia visited Uganda. She reiterated that the construction of Hoima - Chongoleani pipeline should start as soon as possible. As a result of her effort, I have got job at EACOP.”

A Kenyan businessman hinted: “I was about to become bankrupt but Mama Samia’s official visit to Kenya has saved me to escape poverty. My family is flourishing. My children are studying. I currently buy avocados in Tanzania without unreasonable restrictions.”

All of them said that, through her meeting with women of Dodoma, all African women have understood that they should take steps to liberate themselves economically but they should not forget their responsibilities in their families.

Her Excellency Samia Suluhu Hassan, the sixth President of the United Republic of Tanzania, assumed office on March 19, 2021 following the death of President John Pombe Magufuli.

President Samia is putting emphasis on strengthening cross-border trade and investment, an aspect that benefits not only Tanzanians but Kenyans, Ugandans, Rwandese, Congolese, Burundians, Zambians, Malawians, Mozambicans. She is a mother of African businessmen.

The President is leading the continent in struggling for economic rights of women. She is a mother of all women and girls in Africa.

Back
Top Bottom