Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Ruto set to be Jailed, Uhuru to be Aquitted by the ICC

1488185_10153622866600252_1449073696_n.jpg

William Ruto is set to cry even more

December 19, 2013 at 8:09pm

By Sospeter Otieno

In Aug 31, 2013, right in this online daily, I observed that "after perusing though the evidence as possessed by Bensouda, Kamwana will be acquitted, 80:20 chances, as his DP gets jailed 95:5 chances, and that would be a game changer in Kalenjin politics, and Kenya as a whole. Uhuru's government will go on without Ruto". And today, in conclusion of that prophesy, ICC prosecutor Bensouda agrees with me. She promises to drop Uhuru charges if no new evidence emerges.

I know Ruto thinks, Kenya will collapse in his absence. No Kamwana- once Ruto is jailed- as was demonstrated in his tour of Rift Valley, in which he swore to never relinquish power to URP in 2017, will continue to demonstrate that he is the man on the steering wheel, and that Ruto is not even the co-driver (Joseph Kinyua- the de-facto Deputy to the President is).

And Bensouda appears to suggest that she has sufficient evidence against Ruto not Kamwana. Quite consistent with when I said Ruto would be jailed. And there are many other reasons to do with diplomacy and compromise that I won't delve into.

Just know this, if you are player in politics, prepare to take over the vacuum that a highly likely Ruto incarceration will create. And also Kenyans should prepare for what a scot-free Uhuru with a label of innocence from an international court would be capable of doing for them.

And any ambitious politician should plan for taking Mr. Samoei's place as DP. Charles Keter, Mrs. Rachel Ruto, Isaac Ruto, Joshua Kuttuny, Gideon Moi, who? Alfred Keter, seems to be winning the hearts of Kalenjin electorate, and if he can put his game together, he would do so well in the Ruto succession.

Mudavadi was positioning himself for that possibility, but with the Amani shellacking in Bungoma, Kamwana would find Mudavadi a very risky bet, that would confine him to the dustbins of political defeat as he experienced in 2002.

My apprehension and comprehension is that as Uhuru squeaks his way out of the ICC, Kenyans would be exposed in the hands of a leader who has seen it all, through hell and back. A hardened leader, who defeated enemies of impunity. ICC has been playing an important role of checking the conscience of Uhuru and Ruto.

With their cases pending, the ICC duo would hesitate ordering a shooting rampage in the streets, but with ICC gone out the window, and with him controlling the 2 chambers of the house, and currently working on tightening his grip on the Judiciary, nothing moral or evil would prevent the Kenyan leader from subjecting Kenyans to anything that he wants.

And even with the ICC case hanging over his head, Uhuru continues to push for oppressive media bills and recent decrees point to attempts to interfere with the independence of the Judiciary.

Investors will soon begin to flee as URP wranglers like Alfred Keter create instability by blaming TNA for their leader's predicament at ICC.

URP will in due course begin to caucus with CORD in a supermajority arrangement. Either that or, CORD would be talked into a Coalition arrangement with TNA if URP becomes so difficult. In politics don't put anything off the table. Or even this if Uhuru can't get Cord===TNA+Wiper+Amani+Cord rebel MPs should help Uhuru neuter URP rebellion in Jubilee.

And always remember, that TNA controls the instruments of the state, and therefore the custodians of ICC evidence. With Uhuru off the hook, I doubt the cabal around the presidency would fail to co-operate with ICC on the Ruto and maybe the Baraza case. I doubt Ruto and Uhuru care about each other, so much, that the latter would stand by his DP through thick and thin even after he is off the hook.

And always remember, that as the party controlling instruments of the state, TNA has the reach, the motive, the power and the ability to line up witnesses against the DP at the ICC once Uhuru is off the hook, as I have consistently predicted.

And it's that ability, power and motive to produce evidence/withhold it that continue to make this writer doubt whether Ruto agreed to be Uhuru's running mate and not Raila out of his own volition and conscience. I suspect, and I insist suspect that he was arm-twisted.

PNU operatives who morphed into TNA defenders, controlled security apparatus in the Kibaki administration, as Ruto's Lawyers submissions as adduced in ICC confirmed, had the ability (am not saying they did), the power, the motive to intimidate and threaten Ruto to put his signature on the dotted line. The consequences for not working with TNA were sufficient and reasonable because more ICC evidence would have been channeled to The Hague.

And remember it's still TNA wing that would hand over Ruto if he is jailed. And don't be surprised, Bensouda might be looking at a way of securing at least one conviction, with the co-operation of the other. There's not a more strategic person to cut a deal with than the Uhuru defense team, with the hope of doing a plea bargain in exchange for unfettered access to ICC evidence and other articles of co-operation with the prosecution.

SOURCE: Ruto set to be Jailed, Uhuru to be Aquitted by the ICC

Hizo kesi zimehujumiwa. Hilo wimbi la mashahidi kujitoa si bure.

Halafu hao hao ICC walikuwa wanategemea ushirikiano kutoka serikali ya Kenya.

Sasa utapataje ushirikiano ilhali viongozi wa serikali ndo hao hao watuhumiwa?

Nitashangaa sana Ruto akipatikana na hatia. Yule Sang sijui hata itakuwaje.

Lakini Uhuru keshachomoka hapo. Na si kwamba kachomoka kwa kukosekana kabisa kwa ushahidi dhidi yake. La hasha. Ni kachomoka kwa kutumia subterfuge.

And remember it's still TNA wing that would hand over Ruto if he is jailed. And don't be surprised, Bensouda might be looking at a way of securing at least one conviction, with the co-operation of the other. There's not a more strategic person to cut a deal with than the Uhuru defense team, with the hope of doing a plea bargain in exchange for unfettered access to ICC evidence and other articles of co-operation with the prosecution.

The problem of this pithy article is its failure to explain why Uhuru should sacrifice Ruto when all the evidence indicate that he has no case to answer? This article is another wishful thinking of Raila sympathizers who are dying to see Uhuru weakened so that they can cut a deal for themselves. Hakuna cha nusu mkate tena Raila should now admit his game is over onceand for all.

Uhuru ametumia 'umafia' kuhujumu mwendendo mzima wa kesi hii ya ICC dhidi yake. Amefahamu udhaifu wa ICC. Ametumia vitisho dhidi ya mashaidi dhidi yake kuwanunua kwa pesa na pale waliposita kutumia vitisho dhidi yao na familia zao.
Na kutokana na udhaifu wa ICC toka mwanzoni juu ya kuwa 'slow speed of prosecutorial' wamejikuta mwisho wa siku hawana shahidi wa maana aliyebakia kwenye timu yao. Hili wengi walilitabiria na ndio ilikuwa strategy kubwa ya Uhuru ili kuichelewesha kesi ili aweze kujipanga vema na hatimaye kuififisha kabisa na kuizima au kujizima wenyewe(weaken and slowing it).

Ruto of course ataendelea nayo pengine mwisho wa siku ajikute ndio pekee mwenye kesi.

The problem of this pithy article is its failure to explain why Uhuru should sacrifice Ruto when all the evidence indicate that he has no case to answer? This article is another wishful thinking of Raila sympathizers who are dying to see Uhuru weakened so that they can cut a deal for themselves. Hakuna cha nusu mkate tena Raila should now admit his game is over onceand for all.

wewe na raila tu,ukilala ukiamka ni raila tu,utakufa kwa roho mbaya na umaskini wako..unaemuonea wivu anakuzidi mbalii kimaisa na kisiasa.

So sad, but this is ICC for Africa.

Where is Moreno? I am missing this abnormally courageous Dude! For your information African leaders' after (save for generations of likes of Nyereres) have never come together for common man in Africa's problem except ICC thing, only because some members in the club are in for it.

So, I understand that ICC is for saving ordinary mwananchi's life from clutches of syndicated 'leaders'!

This wishful article is obviously by some Otieno who never moved on after defeat. ICC started on a wrong footing, they got themselves intertwined in Kenyan politics instead of delivering justice. Moreno was supposed to have done investigations instead of collecting data from "Human Rights" activists who are known to behave like hyenas. One of the main witness coaches, a Raila fanatic is already a senator.
We were all in the country, and every Kenyan knows what happened and the major culprits are roaming the country freely. The whole case will come tumbling down and hit the ground with a thud, it will embarrass ICC to the core.

So, I understand that ICC is for saving ordinary mwananchi's life from clutches of syndicated 'leaders'!
what brilliant thing to help tz did nyerere do given the poverty, ignorance, disease witnessed to many tanzanians that can be remebered to date?

Back
Top Bottom