RIP: House and R&B vocalist Colonel Abrams has reportedly died at the age of 67

bagamoyo

JF-Expert Member
Jan 14, 2010
November 27, 2016

RIP: House and R&B vocalist Colonel Abrams has reportedly died at the age of 67

Sad news to pass along tonight, as word that pioneering house music and R&B vocalist Colonel Abrams has died. He was 67.

Video :Colonel Abrams - Trapped

Source: MarkyP1984

The Detroit-born, New York-based singer is perhaps best known for 1985 hit “Trapped,” but Colonel Abrams also sang on several tracks that are considered to have laid the groundwork for what is now considered global dance music.

No cause of death has been reported, and official confirmation has not been relayed. Earlier today, Tony Tune Herbert posted the following message to Facebook: “Just got word that Colonel Abrams has [passed] away on Thanksgiving, one year to the date that I along with Don Welch, Barbara Tucker, Derek Jenkins, Ralph McDaniels, Marshall Jefferson, Larkie Rucker and a host of his biggest fans fought to get him to let us help him….Now he is at peace and our condolences go out to his family, and fans world wide, he is no longer suffering or Trapped!!!”

Last year, Colonel Abrams was reportedly homeless and suffering from diabetes, and a crowd-funding effort by fans and friends was launched to get him back on his feet.
Source: RIP: House and R&B vocalist Colonel Abrams has reportedly died at the age of 67 - Vanyaland

RIP Coloner Abrams. Nimejikuta nakumbuka mistari ya wimbo wake "Trapped":
I can't get out, you see I'm trapped, like a fool I'm in a cage.
I can't get out, you see I'm trapped, can't you see I'm so confused?
I can't get out!!

Huwezi amini, nilikua mpenzi sana wa hizi nyimbo za kanali ila leo kwa mara ya kwanza ndio naiona sura yake. RIP Colonel. Asante Bagamoyo, nakumbuka kipindi hiki kwetu wengine tulisikiliza hizi nyimbo kupitia idhaa ya biashara ya radio tanzania. Au external service ya radio Tanzania. Tumetoka mbali kweli.

Colonel Abrams - I'm Not Gonna Let You

Source: ColonelAbramsVEVO

Dah kwa sauti na jina, kabla sijamuona leo hii nilikua nahisi jamaa ni mkuda flani hivi. Hata niliwahi kuhisi kafunika jicho moja .... Yani gangsta anaeimba love songs. (Anatongoza )

Kuna sehemu ya kinanda pale kwakweli huniondoa stress sana. Though bits, sauti na mpangilio wa nyimbo yote ni classic kwakweli.

Back
Top Bottom