requesting for help from members on how to uninstall redhat9 especially removing GRUB

anael

Aug 5, 2008
HI people; something is destubin me for so long up to the extent that i need help from u friends., few months ago i installed redhat9 linux operating system in my machine and i allocated large memory to it. now am running out of memory and i want to free up that partition and may be do a new installation preffarable another linux distribution or just remain with windows xp.now the problem is i have managed to remove redhat and have my partition back but when i restart my pc cannot start as GRUB still remains in the MBR. then guys help me,,, how do i take it out???????
i have tried all ways possible,, and gone through a lot of materials without success.
NEED UR HELP.

Sijui Redhat ilikuwa kwenye partition gani na umeifuta vipi. Kama umefuta contents za Redhat partition na MBR ime survive, ina maana Redhat haikuwa kwenye first partition, ambayo ndio MBR ilipo (the very first sector on a HDD). Ningekuwa mimi ningefuta ile first partition pia ( C drive in window based systems.)

Jaribu kuifuta tena. My favorite utility in wiping out partition contents ni DBAN CD.

Boot the DBAN CD, and wipe out the contents of the partition that had Redhat AND the first partition, ambamo ndio MBR imo, usually the C drive . One thing to bear in mind, kama ulikuwa una partitions zaidi ya moja kwenye hard drive, DBAN itakuuliza unataka kufuta partition ipi. Usichague option ya kwanza, ya juu kabisa. Ile inafuta hard drive nzima. You don't need to do that.

http://www.dban.org/download

Needless to say:
Back up your data. You're not gonna get anything back from that DBAN thing. Inatumiwa na US Department of Defense kufuta data, haingopi ile ngoma most of the times.

As Nyama Hatari likes to say: Results may vary!

HI people; something is destubin me for so long up to the extent that i need help from u friends., few months ago i installed redhat9 linux operating system in my machine and i allocated large memory to it. now am running out of memory and i want to free up that partition and may be do a new installation preffarable another linux distribution or just remain with windows xp.now the problem is i have managed to remove redhat and have my partition back but when i restart my pc cannot start as GRUB still remains in the MBR. then guys help me,,, how do i take it out???????
i have tried all ways possible.

..really?

..i hope you were dual booting, right? . booting windows xp and redhat 9, right?

..sasa, i hope una win xp install cd. kama huna get hold of one. boot na win xp install cd, ikisha-load choose repair [ huwa iki-load kuna option kama mbili or so, nyingine ni install,don't choose install].

..ukisha-choose repair, itakuuliza admin password, just press enter, usiandike chochote. itakulete kitu kama hiki "c:\windows......." ongezea sentence hii "fixboot" halafu press enter. itarejea tena kwenye "c:\windows....." ongezea sentence hii "fixmbr" halafu press enter.

..now, you'll be home and dry. ondoa install cd from the drive reboot and enjoy your win xp!

..nb; hicho kitendo kimesafisha mbr to it's original state.

Back
Top Bottom