Reasons why older men dating and even get married to younger women are revealed

Mr What

JF-Expert Member
Oct 22, 2016
475fea811e75489398c2551c5289f7af

Couples are often judged more harshly when the woman is older. Indeed, the social standard is for the age difference in a couple to be the other way around. Whether it’s 5, 10 or even more years, the man is usually expected to be older. This has led many to denounce a “double standard” in dating, when it comes to age differences.

But why do older men date younger women? Most people would guess the reason has to do with physical attraction, or money… That’s not usually the case!

In fact, couples therapist Rachel Lee Glass reveals in PsychCentralthat often, the true reason older men date younger women, and vice-versa, is something completely unexpected.

The pattern, as she explains it, is this: young women are typically impressed by older men’s togetherness, maturity and responsibility. They are attracted to someone who is totally different from guys their age. As she puts it, guys in their 20’s and sometimes 30’s have “roommates, no gas money, are stoned, aimless, and only looking for fun”. Men with a bit more experience are generally the opposite. They are responsible, on time, ask deep questions, are genuinely interested, and are looking for more than sex.

As for men, it’s usually not true that they like younger women because they’re more attractive. Ms. Glass found, in her years of experience, that older men who date younger women are often coming out of a rough divorce. Their flaws have been laid bare before them, and they’re especially vulnerable. When a young woman becomes impressed by his mature behaviour and organizational “prowess”, this acts as the spark… Not necessarily her body!

This dichotomy, of course, leads to different problems down the road. Check out PsychCentral for the full story on how this couples dynamic can be tratcherous.

475fea811e75489398c2551c5289f7af

Couples are often judged more harshly when the woman is older. Indeed, the social standard is for the age difference in a couple to be the other way around. Whether it’s 5, 10 or even more years, the man is usually expected to be older. This has led many to denounce a “double standard” in dating, when it comes to age differences.

But why do older men date younger women? Most people would guess the reason has to do with physical attraction, or money… That’s not usually the case!

In fact, couples therapist Rachel Lee Glass reveals in PsychCentralthat often, the true reason older men date younger women, and vice-versa, is something completely unexpected.

The pattern, as she explains it, is this: young women are typically impressed by older men’s togetherness, maturity and responsibility. They are attracted to someone who is totally different from guys their age. As she puts it, guys in their 20’s and sometimes 30’s have “roommates, no gas money, are stoned, aimless, and only looking for fun”. Men with a bit more experience are generally the opposite. They are responsible, on time, ask deep questions, are genuinely interested, and are looking for more than sex.

As for men, it’s usually not true that they like younger women because they’re more attractive. Ms. Glass found, in her years of experience, that older men who date younger women are often coming out of a rough divorce. Their flaws have been laid bare before them, and they’re especially vulnerable. When a young woman becomes impressed by his mature behaviour and organizational “prowess”, this acts as the spark… Not necessarily her body!

This dichotomy, of course, leads to different problems down the road. Check out PsychCentral for the full story on how this couples dynamic can be tratcherous.

Yupo sahihi
I have always dated older men 15+ they give you a safe zone
Lastly I got married to my hubby who is older than me 15+ years.Its one of the peaceful relationship I have ever had so far

i think this is not relevant in Tanzania, the reason is poverty not otherwise, you will never find a girl (-25) from rich familly falling in love with a man who has 50+yrs but those with economic probs especially in their family cycle they are more than ready and they really dont care about how they will be treated

Back
Top Bottom