I have come to realize this as I grow up, many educated people are just so poor, can't be able to meet their own needs and can't even make some decent achievements despite being considered very knowledgeable. That is why I come up with this:
Why is it that so many well educated and talented people are unable to make a decent living for themselves?
The reasons aren't far fetched and I will love to highlight them in this article.
1. School education is not the key to financial success as we were told while growing up because if school is really the key, why is it that PHD holders are not the wealthiest people on earth? In fact I can bet that you have poor professors in our society today.
School won't teach you everything necessary about making money in life because it wasn't design to do so. So I will implore you to get financial education by start reading good books or listening to audio training about money.
2. Educated people also tend to be pickier. There are some tasks and opportunities they see as beneath them. What they fail to realise as they wait for the 'big deal' is that the discipline to make and grow hundreds of shillings is the foundation for the discipline required to make and grow millions of shillings.
They forget that work brings profit, but mere talk leads to poverty. So if you are one of the educated, its time to just do it
3. They want to live extravagant life, dress better, live in posher neighbourhoods, have more expensive gadgets and drive nicer cars. They have forgotten you go for what you need first not what you want. For instance, if you own an iPhone but can hardly pay for internet subscription, you are making yourself poorer. The richest black man in the world bought himself a private jet worth $45 million at the age of 53, but he was worth over $10 billion and it took him 30 years to get to that status. Can you now see the reason why you should spend smartly and wisely. Most educated people end up poor or coast a little above poverty when they cannot delay pleasure for future benefits.
4. One of the problem is that most educated people develop a false sense of value, and expect everyone else to see it that way. They don't know that the market is driven by value not by level of academic sacrifice. It is what you bring to the table that matters.
5. Our school system is generally designed to encourage people by the desire to compete rather than seek to collaborate. Nobody cares if you succeed alone. When you collaborate with other people, you leverage their knowledge, skill, resources and network to achieve greater result.
6. The more educated you are, the more likely you are to suffer from 'paralysis of analysis'. You analyse different opportunities to death, finding all sorts of reasons why they won't work. Meanwhile, your less educated contemporaries who know less about why things should fail often just jump in and make a try of it, and end up successful as a result.
Formal education will make you a living while self education will make you a fortune. Anything you find worthy do it and make yourself more better.
If you find this helpful drop your comments. Pls share and educate those educated but still illiterate. You can be someones helper.