Real Madrid (‎Los Blancos) | Special Thread

Two weeks out would mean Keylor misses
- Eibar (H),
- Fuenlabrada (A)
- Girona (A)
- Spurs (A)
- Las Palmas (H).

22555244_1757509617607124_2452940252246897826_n.jpg

Real Madrid haven't scored a headed goal so far in this season whereas they scored 10 headed goals last season at this stage.

22555010_1757790314245721_3332308429734199037_n.jpg

Real Madrid have reached a verbal agreement to sign Brazil Under-17 ace Alan de Souza Guimarães, continuing their policy of snapping up the world's most promising youngsters.

Alan would arrive at Real Madrid next year

The Palmeiras attacking midfielder, who is currently starring at the Under-17 World Cup in India, would move to Real in summer 2018, initially joining Castilla, the LaLiga giants' 'B' team.

The 17-year-old's signing would follow May's confirmation of a deal for his international team-mate Vinicius Junior, who is due to arrive at the Santiago Bernabéu from Flamengo in July 2019.

Real will look to negotiate fee lower than 50m-euro clause

Having started out in the São Paulo youth set-up, Alan rejected offers from several of Brazil’s biggest clubs and Inter Milan to sign for Palmeiras in 2013, where he has developed into the jewel in the crown of the Verdão's academy.

He is under contract until 2019 and has a release clause of 50m euros, but Real will seek to negotiate a lower fee as the player will be entering the final year of his deal.

Alan agent travelled to Spain to begin talks in early 2017

The Spanish and European champions have been tracking the attacker for some time, with his agent, Juan Figger, meeting club chiefs in Madrid early this year for initial conversations.

Talks have progressed and, barring any unexpected setbacks, Alan will move to the Spanish capital next summer, by which time he will have turned 18.

22552429_1758448357513250_8899505707761474047_n.png

Zizou's Pre-Match Presser:

“We love playing at the Bernabéu. When you look at the results, clearly that isn't what we want for ourselves."

“We know we have a game every three days. Recovery can be difficult, we've had two days each time and we're doing well physically, which is really important”.

The season
“If you look at the results up to now, we're not doing too badly. We can improve, and that is what we'll do. We're only five points off the league leaders, we're top of the group in the Champions League and we've won two trophies already this season."

Benzema
“The criticism that Karim receives annoys me because for anyone who understands football such things are a disgrace. For me he is the best by some way"

“I stick by him because he is the best. These are my players and I'll defend them to the last. I have to stick by him more, because some say he isn’t the best, but for my money, he is."

Injuries
“We did not risk Keylor the other day. it was a new injury, not the same one. This is football, so its nothing to worry about."

"Sometimes that happens, that's part of the season, for the group, the squad. We will get all of our players back eventually, we have been hard hit by injuries this time”.

Dead ball situations
“I'm sure the opposition have done their homework. But things are just starting. Free-kicks will play a key part for us. We need to be calm. There are plenty of positives to take from all of the negatives you bring up”.

22539993_1758751714149581_6010907212932016363_n.jpg

"I don't think I'm the best coach in the world, far from it. I'm lucky to be at the best club in the world with the best players. I'm being honest — I like what I'm doing, I do it with passion and I'm getting better at it. If they give me 'The Best' award for coach, I'll gladly accept it. But I don't think I'm the best in the world."

- Zinédine Zidane

22555116_1758974007460685_2749947411619146922_n.jpg

Zidane had 20 players to work with during the session - including Under-19s goalkeeper Moha, who has been drafted in to act as cover for Kiko Casilla in tomorrow's game with Keylor ruled out due to a groin sprain.

Real Madrid squad for tommorow's game:
Casilla, Moha; Sergio Ramos, Nacho, Varane, Marcelo, Theo, Vallejo; Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco, Asensio, Ceballos, Marcos Llorente; Cristiano, Benzema, Borja Mayoral and Lucas Vázquez. [MARCA]

1508578952_504687_1508579365_noticia_normal.jpg

Zidane had 20 players to work with during the session - including Under-19s goalkeeper Moha, who has been drafted in to act as cover for Kiko Casilla in tomorrow's game with Keylor ruled out due to a groin sprain.

Real Madrid squad for tommorow's game:
Casilla, Moha; Sergio Ramos, Nacho, Varane, Marcelo, Theo, Vallejo; Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Isco, Asensio, Ceballos, Marcos Llorente; Cristiano, Benzema, Borja Mayoral and Lucas Vázquez. [MARCA]

1508578952_504687_1508579365_noticia_normal.jpg

Mayoral left out, and Achraf is in.

DMuwGNLW0AAbUY2.jpg

If Real Madrid gave in to Mbappe's demands, we would've been heading for the same destiny with Barcelona. The kid is good, but he would've disturbed and hurt our wage structure plus harmony, big time.

Bartomeu admits concern about player salaries
At Saturday's Members Assembly, Barcelona president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, admitted that he was concerned at the rise in player salaries.

The budget for the 2017/18 season was approved by a large majority of 391 votes in favour and 68 against, however, 84 % of the 897 million euro figure relates to wages.

"We are worried," admitted Bartomeu.

"It was an atypical year because of what happened with Neymar.

"The market went crazy and we had to make an effort to have a competitive team, but the wage bill has soared to 84%.

"Marketing revenues have to be maintained and wages lowered."

Carles Tusquets, who is the president of the Statutory Economic Commission, an independent body of the Board, also expressed his concern and did not directly recommend approval of this budget to the members.

"We are concerned at the budget for the coming years," he said.

"It is difficult to find an extra income of 144 million euros."

Real Madrid Starting XI: Casilla, Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Theo, Casemiro, Modric, Ceballos, Isco, Asensio & Ronaldo.

Back
Top Bottom