RE: Looking for Senior position in Shipping or Logistic firms

newazz

JF-Expert Member
Mar 28, 2009
Im mid to Senior level shipping executive working with a shipping line company, Have a lot of experience in documentation, shipping procedure both import and export, sales of freight ,operation etc. Have good interpersonal skills and network of shipping / logistics contacts.

Have stayed at my present for sometime, which I consider is quite long to be at one position and doing same job, which is not offering a lot of upward room.

Now, im looking for a new position, which should entail more responsibility and with possibility of growth.

I am somehow not sure of what steps to take to procure a position with responsibility and good pay.

I know positions of such nature do exists in Tanzania.

Any idea which companies to approach or strategy to use to realize the objective of securing a senior position with responsibities for shipping or logistics firms.

Much appreciation for your ideas or comments.

Im mid to Senior level shipping executive working with a shipping line company, Have a lot of experience in documentation, shipping procedure both import and export, sales of freight ,operation etc. Have good interpersonal skills and network of shipping / logistics contacts.

Have stayed at my present for sometime, which I consider is quite long to be at one position and doing same job, which is not offering a lot of upward room.

Now, im looking for a new position, which should entail more responsibility and with possibility of growth.

I am somehow not sure of what steps to take to procure a position with responsibility and good pay.

I know positions of such nature do exists in Tanzania.

Any idea which companies to approach or strategy to use to realize the objective of securing a senior position with responsibities for shipping or logistics firms.

Much appreciation for your ideas or comments.

Hi Man
First i would like to know where u reside. (if is in Dar or?)
Your thread is contradicting to some extent that is why i do want to know where u are!
In case u are in Tanzania(dar), and as u 've said that u hve a goot shipping networking, think u should have known shipping companies that exist in Tanzania. By the way leave that, honestly there are a lot of shipping/Logistic companies in Tanzania especiall in Dar i used to work with some, i experienced a lot of mishaps from those i worked with. Payments are very disapponting, working environment not so condusive is u may think.
I dont want to disappoint u, that is the fact and i am talking about experience i got from those i worked with. The problem is those guys who work there are just school leavers(form4 form 6).
Try these companies
Maersk(T)Ltd
Inchicape;
Diamondshipping;
African Liners
Scan shipping (Barwil)
etc
good Luck Man
Peace and love

Hi Man
First i would like to know where u reside. (if is in Dar or?)
Your thread is contradicting to some extent that is why i do want to know where u are!
In case u are in Tanzania(dar), and as u 've said that u hve a goot shipping networking, think u should have known shipping companies that exist in Tanzania. By the way leave that, honestly there are a lot of shipping/Logistic companies in Tanzania especiall in Dar i used to work with some, i experienced a lot of mishaps from those i worked with. Payments are very disapponting, working environment not so condusive is u may think.
I dont want to disappoint u, that is the fact and i am talking about experience i got from those i worked with. The problem is those guys who work there are just school leavers(form4 form 6).
Try these companies
Maersk(T)Ltd
Inchicape;
Diamondshipping;
African Liners
Scan shipping (Barwil)
etc
good Luck Man
Peace and love

Peace and Love,

As you have rightly said , shipping jobs may get freshers discouraged, as this field is good for experienced people, if you are a new grad, surely you may exist quite fast if you are not focused and tolerant of working in such an industry.

My purpose for writting this thread is to receive ideas on how to develop further in shipping / logistics industry not to move out.....

I expected some ideas on new logistics companies, courses to take or new trend etc etc or if someone knows oppenings in such firms.

Shipping companies eg, Maersk, CMA CGM etc ,I know them .... these are colleague.

Nobody else in shipping / logistics industry in JF??? Quite strange ...! I Know you are out there.

You know what JF is kinda of networking , I expect to receive more from others... Pse contribute or share your experience, where are the opportunities eg mining companies etc...

Peace and Love,

As you have rightly said , shipping jobs may get freshers discouraged, as this field is good for experienced people, if you are a new grad, surely you may exist quite fast if you are not focused and tolerant of working in such an industry.

My purpose for writting this thread is to receive ideas on how to develop further in shipping / logistics industry not to move out.....

I expected some ideas on new logistics companies, courses to take or new trend etc etc or if someone knows oppenings in such firms.

Shipping companies eg, Maersk, CMA CGM etc ,I know them .... these are colleague.

Nobody else in shipping / logistics industry in JF??? Quite strange ...! I Know you are out there.

You know what JF is kinda of networking , I expect to receive more from others... Pse contribute or share your experience, where are the opportunities eg mining companies etc...
wow.. Its been six years since u wrote this, I wasn't on JF at that time!
So, did u find what u were looking for?

Back
Top Bottom