Rais Ruto aomba Upinzani kumpa muda arekebishe Uchumi ulioharibiwa na Uhuru

BARD AI

JF-Expert Member
Jul 24, 2018
Rais William Ruto ameuambia Upinzani kuacha kumsumbua kuhusu ahadi zake za kampeni kwa Wakenya alizotoa wakati wa Uchaguzi Mkuu wa Agosti 9.

Akizungumza wakati wa ibada ya Krismasi ya madhehebu mbalimbali kwenye eneo la Eldoret Sports Club, Rais Ruto amesema serikali yake ya Kenya Kwanza iko kazini na itatekeleza ahadi zote ilizotpa kwa Wakenya wakati wa kampeni.

Rais Ruto ambaye alisema kuwa serikali yake imeweka mikakati inayofaa kurekebisha uchumi akidai kuwa uliharibiwa na utawala wa Uhuru Kenyatta baada ya Kupeana Mkono na Waziri Mkuu wa zamani Raila Odinga.

Huku akiupongeza Upinzani kwa kuwa mstari wa mbele kuihoji na kuikosoa serikali, aliwataka wakosoaji wake kuipa serikali muda wa kurekebisha uchumi mbovu uliosababishwa na Uhuru.

Rais Ruto amedai msingi wa uchumi wa nchi umeharibiwa na utawala wa Jubilee ndio maana serikali imekumbatia mikakati yote inayolenga kufufua uchumi.

=============

President William Ruto has told Opposition to stop harassing him on his campaign promises to Kenyans during August 9 General Election.

Speaking during inter-denominational Christmas service at Eldoret Sports Club, President Ruto said his Kenya Kwanza government is alive to campaign pledges that he made to Kenyans during August 9 General Election campaigns.

President Ruto who said that his government has put in place proper measures to fix the economy claiming that it was destroyed by the former regime through a Handshake between retired President Uhuru Kenyatta and former Prime Minister Raila Odinga.

While hailing the Opposition for being at the forefront to interrogate and criticise the government, he asked his critics to give the government time to fix the mess created by the former regime.

President Ruto said the economic foundation of the country had been destroyed by the Jubilee administration that is why the government has embraced all strategies geared towards reviving the economy.

He said his predecessors had established the economy of the country on debts resulting in paying off a debt worth Sh1.4 trillion a year.

“I have decided that before doing all other things, I will give first priority towards rebuilding the foundation of our economy. All of you know that our economy was unstable. The former regime was using 65 percent of our revenue to pay loans worth Sh1.4 trillion a year," he said.

The President said he inherited a country whose economic foundation was dying due to huge debts.

Dr Ruto told the Opposition to stop harassing his government instead they should wait to see the outcome of measures put in place to fix the economy.

“Those trying to harass me, I am telling them to come slowly, let us plan and come up with strategies on how we can establish the economic foundation of our country on a stable economic foundation which will see our country becoming economically sustainable instead of depending on debts to run the country,” said President Ruto.

Ironically the President held the opposition responsible for playing their oversight role.
"My joy is that we have an opposition that is playing an oversight role by putting my government on toes. Let opposition play its role as we play our role as governentment by rating our performance.It is their constitutional right to rate us," he said.

However, he told the Opposition to forget about possible handshake with his government as it happened during the Jubilee administration.

He expressed hope that the country will become economically stable if the government will embrace a saving culture by increasing revenue collection by 20 percent annually.

He said that giving Kenyans subsidised flour is not fixing the economy but his move to provide subsidised fertilizer will greatly contribute towards improving agricultural production hence reviving the economy of the country which for a long time had depended on agriculture.

The President said that his government has embraced a different approach towards reviving the economy through viable agricultural production.

Dr Ruto called on farmers to release their maize to the government as soon as possible before February 2023 when the government will start importing maize.

NATION

Afrika ni moja, fikra za mwafrika hazijawahi kutofautiana. Uchumi uliharibiwa na Uhuru yeye alikuwa msaidizi wake mkuu, kwa nini kama kweli hakukubaliana na sera za mkuu wake asingejiuzulu?

Hii tabia yetu ya kuponda utawala uliopita ni ya kishamba sana.

Back
Top Bottom