Rais Ruto akana kufanya kazi kwa siri na Uhuru Kenyatta

JanguKamaJangu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 7, 2022
Rais wa Kenya, William Ruto amekanusha madia hayo kuwa alifanya kazi kwa siri na Uhuru Kenyatta wakati wa kampeni za uchaguzi wa Rais wa Agosti 9, 2022.

Tetesi ni kuwa walikuwa wakifanya kazi pamoja huku Kenyatta akidanganya umma kuwa anamuunga mkono mgombea wa Azimio, Raila Odinga.

Ruto anasema "Ilikuwa ngumu kumuona bosi wangu akimuunga mkono mtu mwingine, katika ushindani kuna kushinda na kushindwa, kwa taarifa yako bado ninazungumza na Kenyatta na Raila, hao ni viongozi katika Nchi yetu.”

==============

President Ruto Responds To Claims On Secretly Working With Uhuru In August Campaigns

President William Ruto has dismissed claims that he was working behind the scenes with former President Uhuru Kenyatta in his campaigns for the August 9th presidential elections in which he emerged as the winner.

Dr. Ruto termed as rumours and gossip allegations that Uhuru orchestrated a "long con game" in which he would pretend to support Azimio presidential candidate Raila Odinga while in reality, he was backing Ruto.

Ruto further admitted that it was a difficult thing to hear his boss Uhuru Kenyatta declare support for Odinga, but he had to accept the reality and move on.

"Difficult yes but it is the reality. You would waste a lot of time living in denial. When it was obvious that Uhuru Kenyatta was not going to support me I moved on and build another team but by God's grace we won the election," said Ruto.

"There is no bridge burnt. There is no issue. It was a competition. In a cometitition there are winners and losers. It could have been me or them."

President Ruto was speaking in an interview with BBC News Africa.

He further disclosed that despite the election outcome, he has been in communication with Kenyatta and Odinga whom he described as his compatriots.

"Today I speak to Uhuru Kenyatta as our former president. I speak to Raila for your information. I speak to them. They are leaders in our country. We have a country to look after and we are not enemies, we were competitors, we are compatriots. Whether you are in the Executive as a president like me or opposition like Raila and his troops, we are serving the same country," he said.

On the possibility of appointing Odinga to work in his government, Ruto said he would do so, as long as it is not done under the handshake parameters.

He maintains that the handshake was the "biggest fraud" ever witnessed in the country.

"When Raila Odinga decides to retire, and I think there are roles he can play as a Kenyan leader, he can support the country in other initiatives may be in the Great Lakes Region, he can work with us as an elder s Statesman, it is not for me to choose. It is for Kenyans. If Raila Odinga came by I would find something for him to do but not in the handshake arrangement," he said.

"The handshake arrangement was the biggest fraud on the people of Kenya. It should not have happened. Once you compromise the opposition you are headed in the wrong direction, many wrong things will happen as it did," said Ruto.

Source: Citizen Digital

Back
Top Bottom