Raila Odinga asema mashoga washikwe na kushtakiwa!!!

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Wakuu,

Raila Odinga, Waziri Mkuu wa Kenya, agusia swala nyeti kwa kutoa kauli dhidi ya mashoga waliopo Kenya.Amua mwenyewe kuhusu huu msimamo.

Kenya PM orders gays' arrest

DNRAILA2811J.jpg

Prime Minister Raila Odinga addresses a rally in Kamukunji, Nairobi on November 28, 2010.

By LUCAS BARASA
Posted Sunday, November 28 2010 at 18:55

Prime Minister Raila Odinga on Sunday ordered for the arrest of gay couples.

Addressing a rally at Kamukunji grounds in his Langata Constituency, the PM said their behaviour was unnatural.

"If found the homosexuals should be arrested and taken to relevant authorities," Mr Odinga said.

The PM thrilled the crowd when he asserted that the recent census showed there were more women than men and there was no need for same sex relationships.

He said it was madness for a man to fall in love with another man while there were plenty of women and added that there was no need for women to engage in lesbianism yet they can bear children.

Mr Odinga's statement is likely to rub activists the wrong way since they recently went public to campaign against homophobia.

The remarks also come months after Special Programmes Minister Esther Murugi attracted the wrath of Kenyans for calling for recognition and acceptance of gays.

On Sunday, Mr Odinga accused the ‘No' team of misleading Kenyans during the campaigns that the new constitution recognises same sex relationships.

He said the group opposed to the new constitution was wrong when they implied that that the document would promote abortion.

Mr Odinga said the new Constitution is the most progressive in the world and took issue with Suspended Higher Education Minister William Ruto for going round the country thanking people for voting ‘No' yet "the constitution passed long time ago."

The Eldoret North MP was the defacto leader of group opposed to new constitution.

Mr Odinga said the ball is now in leaders and government court to implement the new constitution so that Kenyans could enjoy its benefits.

He said the government is capable of resolving rows that have threatened to delay or hinder the implementation of new constitution.

The PM also refuted the inclusion of Kamukunji as an outlawed group.

"Kamukunji is a lawful organisation. As the Prime Minister of Kenya I have said Kamukunji is is a lawful organisation," Mr Odinga said.

Nominated MP Millie Odhiambo who concurred with the PM said the law on organised crime must comply with the constitution.

She said the Kamukunji group, whose members contribute Sh20 every Sunday, was free to meet and that police should stop unlawful harassment.

Daily Nation:*- Politics*|Kenya PM orders gays' arrest

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenya gay activist criticises Odinga crackdown threat

_50200453_004973651-1.jpg

Raila Odinga stressed that the new constitution did not legalise gay weddings

A gay rights activist has criticised Kenya's prime minister for threatening a crackdown on homosexual people.

David Kuria from the Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya told the BBC that Raila Odinga's comments would encourage people to extort money from gay and lesbian people.

On Sunday, Mr Odinga warned that men or women found engaging in homosexual acts would be arrested.

He later said he was only saying the constitution bans same-sex weddings.

Mr Odinga was heavily involved in campaigning for the new constitution which was passed in a referendum in August.
He said rival political leaders had said the new document allowed gay marriages.

Homosexual acts are illegal and can be punished by up to 14 years in prison.

It is believed to be the first time Mr Odinga had made such comments.

Mr Kuria told the BBC's Network Africa programme that he did not know why Mr Odinga had made the statements in a speech to his constituency in the Nairobi slum of Kibera.

He said most African leaders who condemned homosexuals were trying to gain political leverage but he said Mr Odinga was already popular so his statement was "surprising".

An MP in neighbouring Uganda last year tried to introduce the death penalty for some homosexual acts, sparking international condemnation.

The BBC's Caroline Karobia in Nairobi says gay people are largely left alone in Kenya as long as they do not draw attention to themselves.

The city is home to some well-known gay pubs, she says.

'Sad'

Mr Odinga said on Sunday: "We will not tolerate such behaviours in the country. The constitution is very clear on this issue and men or women found engaging in homosexuality will not be spared."

Mr Kuria said the prime minister's comments left him "full of sadness".

"We thought in this country we had made a lot of headway," he said.

"People will succumb to extortion, blackmail and violence."

In February, five people were arrested near the resort of Mombasa after reports they were trying to organise a gay wedding, sparking local protests.

BBC News - Kenya gay activist criticises Odinga crackdown threat

I real support him,this behaviour is forbidden even by holy bible.I believe we can survive without practising this behavior,congratulation Mr.Raila for your good sentiment on this bad behaviour!!!

Thank u MR.Prime Minister. Wafundishe na watz jinsi ya kuzungumzia haya mambo maana wamelala sana watu wanateketea.

what a person does in the privacy of his bedroom is none of anyones business

Homosexuality is unnatural and I oppose it!
Naturally I join RO, though I tend to look on how to help them out than condemn them :redfaces:

Homosexuality is unnatural and I oppose it!
Naturally I join RO, though I tend to look on how to help them out than condemn them :redfaces:

i hate homosexuality but i refuse anynone telling anyone else what to do and not to do in the privacy of their bedroom. no one has that right not the govt, not the church and not society. it is someone's life, only God has the right judge and the last time i checked none of us here are God

i hate homosexuality but i refuse anynone telling anyone else what to do and not to do in the privacy of their bedroom. no one has that right not the govt, not the church and not society. it is someone's life, only God has the right judge and the last time i checked none of us here are God
And God told us to tell them homosexuality is wrong and he will judge them for it one day!
Just we have to be on guard not to hijack God's position on the issue!

what a person does in the privacy of his bedroom is none of anyones business

These days they no longer just keep it to the privacy of their bedrooms but they throw it in our faces to accept their sexual preferences...thats where it becomes sticky!

And God told us to tell them homosexuality is wrong and he will judge them for it one day!
Just we have to be on guard not to hijack God's position on the issue!

And God told us to tell them homosexuality is wrong
Agreed!

he will judge them for it one day

this is where we straight people get it wrong. God will judge them not us so why do we have to go throwing them in jail? when we judge the and throw the homos in jail we are effectively acting like God. NONE OF ARE GOD SO WHY DO WE TRY TO ACT AS SUCH WHEN IT COMES TO DEALING WITH HOMES????????

that is all i am saying. human being have no business at all throwing fellow human beings in jail/punishing because of homo sexuality. NONE OF US SHOULD HAVE THAT RIGHT. LET THE ALMIGHTY GOD JUDGE AND PUNISH/REWARD THEM

Unless I am mistaken he said "tukimpata mwanaume akimlawiti mwenzake tunamshika tunamuweka ndani". Now unless at some other time he actualy said "shoga, basha, msagaji" it is my understanding that that ulawiti in kenya is illegal.

Some will argue thats not what he meant, but how do we know should a journalist write what they think he meant or what he said?

Any way I guess its a matter of opinion.

Unless I am mistaken he said "tukimpata mwanaume akimlawiti mwenzake tunamshika tunamuweka ndani". Now unless at some other time he actualy said "shoga, basha, msagaji" it is my understanding that that ulawiti in kenya is illegal.

Some will argue thats not what he meant, but how do we know should a journalist write what they think he meant or what he said?

Any way I guess its a matter of opinion.

Umeongea poa sana mkuu mpaka nimekupata senksi....kuna mambo na context hapo and thats what the PM was refering to. Meanwhile ofisi ya Waziri Mkuu wa Kenya inetoa hii taarifa:

REPUBLIC OF KENYA
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER

ALLEGED PM ORDER FOR ARREST OF GAYS:

A story that appeared early today in Capital FM's online edition and later picked by the Daily Nation late Sunday evening to the effect that Prime Minister Raila Odinga ordered arrest of gay couples was incorrect and widely missed the core message of the Prime Minister's remarks earlier that day.

The Prime Minister made references to gay marriages in the context of what he called "lies, propaganda and fear-mongering" that opponents of the then draft constitution engaged in during the referendum campaigns.

The PM said one of the lies was that the draft legalized same sex marriages. The other was that it would force the government to build abortion wards in all hospitals because it legalized abortion.

The Prime Minister went ahead to explain that time has proved these were lies. In regard to gay marriages, the PM added a rider that even if it had been legal, Kenyans were likely to continue the established trend of marrying the opposite sex.

After all, he said, census data released early this year indicated there were more women than men and there would be little reason for Kenyans to turn to same sex marriages. This rider is what the media picked and twisted to imply order of arrest. Prime Minister Odinga made no such orders and has no intentions of making any such orders.

DENNIS ONYANGO;
COMMUNICATION SECRETARY,
OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER;

The constitution that we passed not so long ago protects the rights of all Kenya irregardless of their sexual preference, what one does in the privacy of his or her bedroom shouldn't be a governments issue, we have many pressing issues to deal with and am sure homosexuality is not one of them. RAO has been goofing lately, and if he continues with his uninformed outbursts, he will lose many votes in the 2012 elections, mine included.

PS... Dont get me wrong, I dont support homosexuality, but I find it undemocratic and immature for the prime minister to make such comments, some things are better left unsaid and let the concerned parties deal with them. gays are people too and arresting them wont kill the act, lets be rational.

Assuming you were dealing with your own son/daughter, could your opinion remain the same?

The constitution that we passed not so long ago protects the rights of all Kenya irregardless of their sexual preference, what one does in the privacy of his or her bedroom shouldn't be a governments issue, we have many pressing issues to deal with and am sure homosexuality is not one of them. RAO has been goofing lately, and if he continues with his uninformed outbursts, he will lose many votes in the 2012 elections, mine included.

PS... Dont get me wrong, I dont support homosexuality, but I find it undemocratic and immature for the prime minister to make such comments, some things are better left unsaid and let the concerned parties deal with them. gays are people too and arresting them wont kill the act, lets be rational.

Mkuu,

I agree with your statements and will defend the right for you to air them to my last breath.

Hata hivyo I will engage you from two fronts. Kwanza kabisa, Raila Odinga did not speak against gays
per se. This is a deliberate attempt by the media (read Capital FM na Nation) to discredit the PM.
Tazama hio clip tena utaona kua Agwambo is talking about the act...kulawiti...sodomising. I
believe as per the Kenyan Constitution, the last time I checked, that act was illegal. What
the 'jaduong' should have clarified maybe, is if the act being commited is consensual or not.

Kisha hebu tell me where in the Constitution of Kenya does it state that rights of gays are protected?
Wewe nadhani ndiye uliniambia juzi 'wapi link'...:eek:...Haya hebu nenda leta hio kitu u-copy na
u-paste hapa kisha tuendelea na huu mjadala.

I believe to my understanding that the Kenyan society is not ready for this 'foreign ideology' as it is,
nd'o maana during the referendum campaigns, the church spoke heavily against it and was even saying
that the Yes side was promoting same sex marriages...a myth which was debunked during the campaigns.
Leo hii naona jamaa wanampiga Raila vita like he is the only one talking about it. Mbona huyo jamaa wa
SUPKEM hapo hatajwi? Mbona viongozi wa makanisa hawasemi kitu?

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom