Raila atoa saa 24 kwa polisi Kenya kuhakikisha wabunge wa upinzani wanaachiliwa huru

MOTOCHINI

JF-Expert Member
Jan 20, 2014

Cord leader Raila Odinga has warned of "consequences" if politicians arrested over incitement remarks are not released in 24 hours.

The politicians include Machakos Senator Johnson Muthama and woman representatives Florence Mutua (Busia) and Aisha Jumwa (Kilifi).

The others are MPs Moses Kuria (Gatundu South), Ferdinand Waititu (Kabete), Kimani Ngunjiri (Bahati), Timothy Bosire (Kitutu Masaba) and Junet Mohamed (Suna East)

Raila said on Thursday that they are being held without charged and that this "basically amounts to detention without trial".

He asked the government to desist from the "authoritarianism".

"These members must be released without charge in the next 24 hrs. If it does not happen there will be consequences," said the opposition chief.

Raila spoke at Pangani police station where six of the politicians are being held. He was with Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka and Bungoma Senator Moses Wetang'ula.

After an address to the media, they left for Muthaiga police station where Mutua and Jumwa are being held.

[VIDEO] Raila blocked from seeing MPs, wants them released in 24hrs before charges

Sasa ameanza kusinya!!!

Hehehe..I told you this guy is just trouble. And the way i supported him in 2007? I readily told my boss, who was PNU damu, that I'd vote for him and i didn't want Kibaki. Now, I can't stand the guy. Nimechoka.

1 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom