Questions raised over $180m Tanzania cashew nut deal! Hapa kuna game inachezwa

Hahaha! :D Kwanza, soma nilivoandika kwenye hiyo comment yangu uliyoinukuu, 'hiyo LC haijapeanwa na benki yoyote ya Kenya' Pili, soma taarifa ya mada kabla ya kuchangia. Mutembei ndiye aliyekabidhiana hiyo Letter of Credit au wewe uliona wakurugenzi wa benki hiyo wakati walipokuwa wanaingia kwenye mkataba? Tatu, Indopower Solutions hawana hela yao wenyewe ya kununua korosho zenyewe, hiyo benki ambayo haijulikani jina lake ndio inawapa mkopo.
Mutembei was signing a sale agreement. LC are signed between the beneficiary and the bank..As a rule banks do not offer LC if there is no money to transfer from the buyers account to the banks own LC account..
Yaani wewe upo zero kwa mambo ya finance..Eti mutembei apeane LC? Hahaha kwani yeye ni bank? Usinichekeshe bwana

Mutembei was signing a sale agreement. LC are signed between the beneficiary and the bank..As a rule banks do not offer LC if there is no money to transfer from the buyers account to the banks own LC account..
Yaani wewe upo zero kwa mambo ya finance..Eti mutembei apeane LC? Hahaha kwani yeye ni bank? Usinichekeshe bwana
Mzee umeanza utoto, soma taarifa kwanza, benki haikutuma wawakilishi na hiyo LC, ilikabidhiwa waziri na CEO wa Indo Power Solutions, Mr Brian Mutembei. Sasa wewe leo unajisifu kwamba ni genius wa finance wakati jana ulikuwa unasema kwamba 'due diligence' sio factor kwa mkataa wowote ule? Eti bora upokee hela tu, kama kwa biashara ya Mama Ntilie. Haha!

Mzee umeanza utoto, soma taarifa kwanza, benki haikutuma wawakilishi na hiyo LC, ilikabidhiwa waziri na CEO wa Indo Power Solutions, Mr Brian Mutembei. Sasa wewe leo unajisifu kwamba ni genius wa finance wakati jana ulikuwa unasema kwamba 'due diligence' sio factor kwa mkataa wowote ule? Eti bora upokee hela tu, kama kwa biashara ya Mama Ntilie. Haha!
Kwa hiyo umekuja na hoja mpya kuwa LC ni fake kwa kua bank iliyo issue haipo Kenya!! Hivi unavyo ona watu wana sign mikataba ya pages 100 ndani ya dakika 2 huwa hujiongezi. Hapo mambo yote ya kupitia vipengele na LC kutoka banker wa INDO kwenda BOT vimefanyika hayo makabidhiano ya LC mbele ya camera ni for the show. Incase INDO akishindwa kulipa kwa wakati bank iliyotoa hiyo LC ndiyo itailipa GoT via BOT kiasi husika. Ungestick kwenye hoja ya presence ya hiyo kampuni hapo Kenya kuhusu malipo LC ni gurantee tosha.

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

Ulitaka bank itume mwakilishi wake kwa sale agreement signing ceremony? This is not an asset finacing deal or a hire purchase deal my friend, the bank has no stake in the cashew nuts.
LC is sent to GoT by the bank..The drawer of LC is the bank and the drawee is the GoT there is no where I have read that the LC was "even" delivered to GoT by Mutembei that would be a first in the financial world..
Rudi kwa kazi yako ya kuchunga mbuzi bwana eeh!

Ulitaka bank itume mwakilishi wake kwa sale agreement signing ceremony? This is not an asset finacing deal or a hire purchase deal my friend, the bank has no stake in the cashew nuts.
LC is sent to GoT by the bank..The drawer of LC is the bank and the drawee is the GoT there is no where I have read that the LC was "even" delivered to GoT by Mutembei that would be a first in the financial world..
Rudi kwa kazi yako ya kuchunga mbuzi bwana eeh!
......indicating that Indo Power Solutions has presented to the Govt. of Tz a Letter of Credit for the full amount as required in the agreement. Yaani hata kukusomea ntakusomea pia? Baada ya kujaribu niwezavyo kukufafanulia? Napendaga sana watu kama nyinyi, kelele na mbwembwe nyingi ila ukiangalia kwa umakini content ni sifuri tu. Very predictable.

Kwa hiyo umekuja na hoja mpya kuwa LC ni fake kwa kua bank iliyo issue haipo Kenya!! Hivi unavyo ona watu wana sign mikataba ya pages 100 ndani ya dakika 2 huwa hujiongezi. Hapo mambo yote ya kupitia vipengele na LC kutoka banker wa INDO kwenda BOT vimefanyika hayo makabidhiano ya LC mbele ya camera ni for the show. Incase INDO akishindwa kulipa kwa wakati bank iliyotoa hiyo LC ndiyo itailipa GoT via BOT kiasi husika. Ungestick kwenye hoja ya presence ya hiyo kampuni hapo Kenya kuhusu malipo LC ni gurantee tosha.

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app
Acha kupandwa na presha, sijasema kwamba LC ni feki wala kwamba hawataweza kulipa. Mimi nakupa tu facts ya mkataba huu, na kwa maoni kuna uvundo flani hivi ndani yake. Ila kama wewe unaona kila kitu kipo sawa ni freshi pia. Kila mtu hapa yupo huru kutoa maoni yake na kuwa na msimamo wake.

......indicating that Indo Power Solutions has presented to the Govt. of Tz a Letter of Credit for the full amount as required in the agreement. Yaani hata kukusomea ntakusomea pia? Baada ya kujaribu niwezavyo kukufafanulia? Napendaga sana watu kama nyinyi, kelele na mbwembwe nyingi ila ukiangalia kwa umakini content ni sifuri tu. Very predictable.
Boss understand how international trade happens..A copy of LC is given at Sale agreement signing..A copy not the LC itself..LC is drawn,given and delivered by the bank.. The money has already left the buyer's account and is now in the custody of the bank..what document do you get when you instruct your bank to transfer your money to LC with a beneficiary???you get a copy of LC as your receipt dummy..Yaani wewe rudi kwa mbuzi zako mzee

Boss understand how international trade happens..A copy of LC is given at Sale agreement signing..A copy not the LC itself..LC is drawn,given and delivered by the bank.. The money has already left the buyer's account and is now in the custody of the bank..what document do you get when you instruct your bank to transfer your money to LC with a beneficiary???you get a copy of LC as your receipt dummy..Yaani wewe rudi kwa mbuzi zako mzee
Hahaha! :D

Tanzania defends Sh18bn cashew nut deal with little-known Kenyan firm

A top government official has defended the $180 million (Sh18 billion) cashew nuts deal with Indo Power Solutions, a Kenyan company whose credibility has now been brought to question.
Trade and Industries Permanent Secretary Prof Joseph Buchweishaija, said the track record of the company was not the basic criterion for awarding it the contract to purchase 100,000 tonnes of cashews nuts from Tanzania.

“The seller of cashews is the Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania, and our task (as a ministry) was to make sure that we seal the purchase deal.
"What you are looking at is the ability of the buyer to pay for the asking price, the rest is left between them,” he on said Sunday in a telephone interview with our sister publication, Mwananchi.
Asked about the ethical and credibility questions being raised concerning the financial ability of Indo Power Solutions, the PS defended the apparent size of the Kenyan firm to see the deal through.
He said it was possible that the company may have not conducted such business before; but it saw an opportunity – and grabbed it.
“We all know that most rich people have no cash in hand; they borrow from banks. These people have taken a bank loan, and I urge Tanzanians to use such opportunities when they arise,” Prof Buchweishaija said.
Reached for comment, Bank of Tanzania Governor Florens Luoga said through a spokesman that such queries should be referred to the Cereals Board who were better appraised on the matter.
But the board’s executive director, Dr Hussein Mansoor, was not able, willing or ready to discuss the contract.
“There are some things in progress, so I cannot say anything for now until they are concluded. I ask that you be patient,” he told Mwananachi in a telephone interview.
When pushed to say if all critical aspects were looked into before entering the deal with the Kenyan company, Dr Mansoor said: “The ministry of Industry saw the contract through. They are the experts, even if we are signatories, they empower us.” He did not expound.

Gwizzy I was just about to put a link to this same article here. Hawa jamaa ambao walikuwa wanabisha kwamba credibility na due diligence sio masuala muhimu kwenye mikataba kama hii waje wajionee PS wao akitupia lawama wizara iliyochambua au iliyokosa kuchambua contract yenyewe.

Gwizzy I was just about to put a link to this same article here. Hawa jamaa ambao walikuwa wanabisha kwamba credibility na due diligence sio masuala muhimu kwenye mikataba kama hii waje wajionee PS wao akitupia lawana wizara iliyochambua au iliyokosa kuchambua contract yenyewe.

I cant just get my head around how a whole Government can broker a US$ 180m deal with such a shady Company. I wouldn't even expect that from an average corporate organization........This so called 'Nairobi business men' are too crafty to be engaged casually like that. There is a time former DRC president (Kabila) came all the way to Nairobi to look for his Gold.... imagine a whole president!!! I geus time will tell!!

I cant just get my head around how a whole Government can broker a US$ 180m deal with such a shady Company. I wouldn't even expect that from an average corporate organization........This so called 'Nairobi business men' are too crafty to be engaged casually like that. There is a time former DRC president (Kabila) came all the way to Nairobi to look for his Gold.... imagine a whole president!!! I geus time will tell!!
You should see the kind of deals NYS makes with saloonists, slay queens and phoney briefcase companies..
Then you have a look at KPLC dodgy suppliers..Yaani all ministries are giving tenders to thiefs a combined loss per year of 600bn

You should see the kind of deals NYS makes with saloonists, slay queens and phoney briefcase companies..
Then you have a look at KPLC dodgy suppliers..Yaani all ministries are giving tenders to thiefs a combined loss per year of 600bn

Why did couldn't Magufuli just tell the buyers who buy in TZ to buy at the cost he wanted and just apply some "pressure", am sure they would have bowed to his demands and saved him the embarrassment of engaging the military in such activities, and last but the worst, the same brokers he chased away from TZ come to KE, get some briefcase company owned by some kikuyus, and give them cash to buy the nuts.

But all in all i admire the dedication to see his country make progress, though he should get a bit smarter.

Why did couldn't Magufuli just tell the buyers who buy in TZ to buy at the cost he wanted and just apply some "pressure", am sure they would have bowed to his demands and saved him the embarrassment of engaging the military in such activities, and last but the worst, the same brokers he chased away from TZ come to KE, get some briefcase company owned by some kikuyus, and give them cash to buy the nuts.

But all in all i admire the dedication to see his country make progress, though he should get a bit smarter.
alichotaka kufanikisha ni wakulima wapate bei nzuri ya mazao yao baasi hao ma broker wengine (wakina kangomba) walikua wanacheza rafu sana kwa wakulima

Koroshow zimerejeshewa wakulima eti hazifiki kiwango.
tapatalk_1551108558076.jpeg

Nikama hizo 180m bado hazijafika BOT!!!!! Tanzania open to new buyers of cashew
The noisemakers Mkikuyu- Akili timamu and thisdayes were here flexing and yapping about how BOT had already recieved the money when it was clear that they didn't understand the financial complexities of such contracts. Not even how a simple L.C. works! This guys couldn't sniff out a fishy deal even with the fish right under their noses. Kazi ni ujuaji mwingi tu, na kelele.

Back
Top Bottom