Property Market in DAR...

Game Theory

JF-Expert Member
Sep 5, 2006
UN f believable

huvi mnaweza kuamini kuwa UPANGA properties sasa hivi zinaenda kwa $1.5 million? na OBAY/MASAKI hakuna anayeyaka kuishi nako properties zinaenda at $1.1 million japo hakuna binadamu mwenye akili timamu aliyekuwa exposed na dunia anayeweza kutaka kuishi kwenye eneo lile.

I wonder if it will ever crash at all

any thoughts?

Bei za properties zimepanda sana in general ndani ya Bongo, sio Obay, Upanga na Masaki tu. Sasa hivi viwanja vilivyoko Boko, Bunju, Mbweni na maeneo mengine ambayo yalikuwa yanaonekana ni porini- huzewi pata kiwanja cha low density kama huna 10mil Tsh! Dolarisation ni kaugonjwa kapya ambako naona hata govt imeshashtuka na wanakatafutia dawa, watu wanalipa hadi rent kwa dollar.

Bei za properties zimepanda sana in general ndani ya Bongo, sio Obay, Upanga na Masaki tu. Sasa hivi viwanja vilivyoko Boko, Bunju, Mbweni na maeneo mengine ambayo yalikuwa yanaonekana ni porini- huzewi pata kiwanja cha low density kama huna 10mil Tsh! Dolarisation ni kaugonjwa kapya ambako naona hata govt imeshashtuka na wanakatafutia dawa, watu wanalipa hadi rent kwa dollar.

Kana:

Lakini hata kama tutaacha kutumia dollar hakuna sababu za kimsimgi kuachilia ongezeko hilo: 1.2Million x 1,200 Tsh bado ni pesa nyingi.

Ongezeko lingine linatokana na ukweli kuwa DSM ni mji uliojaa skwata, mji usio na mpangilio. Hivyo sehemu chache zilizopangwa zinaongezeka bei bila kuwa na development ya maana.

Sijui kama tatizo la kulipa kwa dollar litaondolewa anytime soon. Hii inatokana na hao vingunge wenyewe kutoza kodi ya nyumba zao kwa dollar. Hivyo watajifanya kulipigia kelele lakini hakuna hatua zozote zitakazochukuliwa.

in a country where GDP is under $1000 having prices of normal residential area at such high level is insanity at its highest...,people in dar paying what $30K countries are paying for their houses....,haiingii akilini hata kidogo....,
eti Mgonja anakaa nyumba on par with Warren Buffet Pricewise...,hivi huu si wizi wa mchana kweupe jamani!!
wakiambiwa wanasingizia ooooh the guy worked in US or whatever for many years......,that's ol bullshit because,kwenye nchi za wenzetu....,u probably won't afford a $700K hosue unless u are doing business or U are really successfull...,working for IMF sijui worldbank...,owning propeties in US and TZ with total cost peeking millions of Dollars..,thats what we call money laundering.

hayo mabanda hapo upanga don't cost no where above $100K.thats the truth..,hakuna nyumba inayo cost $1.5 in upanga.it's one BIG BUBBLE.

2 bad our financial regulations are toooooooo dumb to see that..,

nyoe TRA if those guys sit on a $1.5 did they get that money lawfully?!don't think so,ask them..,probe them.

oh i just forgot that,we have corruption also..,

UN f believable

huvi mnaweza kuamini kuwa UPANGA properties sasa hivi zinaenda kwa $1.5 million? na OBAY/MASAKI hakuna anayeyaka kuishi nako properties zinaenda at $1.1 million japo hakuna binadamu mwenye akili timamu aliyekuwa exposed na dunia anayeweza kutaka kuishi kwenye eneo lile.

any thoughts?

GT,

Kwa nini unasema hakuna anayetaka kuishi O'bay na Masaki?

GT,

Kwa nini unasema hakuna anayetaka kuishi O'bay na Masaki?

I personally like the idea of O'bay & Masaki...the beach, the nearness to the CBD, and just the "name". BUT to tell you the truth, I won't spend my money buying or even renting a house in those areas, mainly due to what Game Theory noted above....the unnecessary price hiking of properties in those areas! Let's get real...most properties in those areas are sub-standard in many ways - they are very old, unrepaired, no infrastructure, plumbing is a nightmare, electricity? I'm not even going there...and on top of all that, you may buy a $1.5 million home, and your next door neighbor would probably be a "Makonde" living in a shack, selling tomatoes and mchicha! There no proper planning in Tanzania, especially Dar es Salaam!

The best solution will be to have developer(s) put up new estates (outside the city limits) with mixed-type of properties/housing at reasonable and affordable prices that any middle class Tanzanian can purchase/have a mortgage without having to steal and/or cut corners. These type of developments will negate the current hiked prices and everyone will be happy ;-)!

Our planners, architects and even leaders should have a sense of the future! A ridiculous example is the new housing put up at Mlimani City...That is clearly a prime area, and instead of putting up apartments and maybe a few duplexes and even several single-family homes....an architect (from Ardhi University) has literally designed "matchboxes".....small houses packed close together like sardines! What the h _ _l is that? That's a waste of prime land and even most importantly, more profit that the developer could have made!

...hayo mabanda hapo upanga don't cost no where above $100K.thats the truth..,hakuna nyumba inayo cost $1.5 in upanga.it's one BIG BUBBLE...

...Mkuu, are you serious, au jazba tu? unazungumzia upanga gani kwenye mabanda, au nyumba zisizofikia value above $100K???
...kumbuka, nyumba ni pamoja na kiwanja pia.

...tembelea hapa http://estates.tzadverts.com/Listing/HOUSES_FOR_SALE/85.html upate kwa muhtahsari bei za nyumba sehemu mbali mbali Dar es salaam, na hizo apartment blocks wanazoporomosha wahindi na kupandisha market value ya maeneo ya upanga.

...Mkuu, are you serious, au jazba tu? unazungumzia upanga gani kwenye mabanda, au nyumba zisizofikia value above $100K???

I am in agreement with Pungupakavu....hakuna nyumba yoyote TZ inayofikia $1.5 million, you would believe me if you have seen THE $1.5 million homes in Bethesda, MD or those mansions in California and Hollywood! Jamani tuwe wakweli......If you compare the housing standards, infrastructure and public services....hakuna nyumba inayofikia $1.5 in Tanzania jamani! Furthermore, homes cost so much in the US and everywhere else because in those places, land is for sale....our land is practically free!

I don't mean to put down our properties, but if we are talking about REAL/TRUE property assessment and evaluation, maybe IKULU is approximately valued above $1.5, but no more that $4.0 million!

The rest is just a lot of spices mixed in by a lot of cooks....mafisadi, corrupt officials, wadosi, etc.....;-)

UN f believable

any thoughts?

hiyo ni kawaida kila mahali uchumi wa nchi umelemea zaidi properties kama majengo,ardhi nk
kwaio ukiwa na ela nunua nyumba nyingi sio magari.magari dhamani yake inashuka muda unavyozidi kwenda wakati majengo dhamani inapanda.
kumbuka hivi karibuni hata uchumi wa ulaya na usa uliporomoka sababu ya majengo sitaenda kwa undani.
upanga.masaki,msasani,ostabei ni sehemu zilizo na mazingira mazuri ya kimakazi

I personally like the idea of O'bay & Masaki...the beach, the nearness to the CBD, and just the "name". BUT to tell you the truth, I won't spend my money buying or even renting a house in those areas, mainly due to what Game Theory noted above....the unnecessary price hiking of properties in those areas! Let's get real...most properties in those areas are sub-standard in many ways - they are very old, unrepaired, no infrastructure, plumbing is a nightmare, electricity? I'm not even going there...and on top of all that, you may buy a $1.5 million home, and your next door neighbor would probably be a "Makonde" living in a shack, selling tomatoes and mchicha! There no proper planning in Tanzania, especially Dar es Salaam!

The best solution will be to have developer(s) put up new estates (outside the city limits) with mixed-type of properties/housing at reasonable and affordable prices that any middle class Tanzanian can purchase/have a mortgage without having to steal and/or cut corners. These type of developments will negate the current hiked prices and everyone will be happy ;-)!

Our planners, architects and even leaders should have a sense of the future! A ridiculous example is the new housing put up at Mlimani City...That is clearly a prime area, and instead of putting up apartments and maybe a few duplexes and even several single-family homes....an architect (from Ardhi University) has literally designed "matchboxes".....small houses packed close together like sardines! What the h _ _l is that? That's a waste of prime land and even most importantly, more profit that the developer could have made!

You have forgotten the principle policy of 'binadamu wote ni sawa' which was the core belief of Mwl. Nyerere. Tangu tupate uhuru 1961, Planning yeyote ile ilipaswa isibague watu kimakundi yaani uzunguni na mabatini/uswahilini. Katika miaka yote toka uhuru sera hii haijabadilishwa mpaka leo.

Hivi Mkuu, unajua kwamba ukiandaa plan kinyume cha sera ya nchi unaadhibiwa? au kiongozi akitofautiana na sera ya nchi anatakiwa kujiuzuru? ndo hivyo Mkuu, don't blame urban planners.

You have forgotten the principle policy of 'binadamu wote ni sawa' which was the core belief of Mwl. Nyerere. Tangu tupate uhuru 1961, Planning yeyote ile ilipaswa isibague watu kimakundi yaani uzunguni na mabatini/uswahilini. Katika miaka yote toka uhuru sera hii haijabadilishwa mpaka leo.

Hivi Mkuu, unajua kwamba ukiandaa plan kinyume cha sera ya nchi unaadhibiwa? au kiongozi akitofautiana na sera ya nchi anatakiwa kujiuzuru? ndo hivyo Mkuu, don't blame urban planners.

I quite agree with you..it's true that "Binadamu wote no sawa". Lakini sera za nchi, upeo wa viongozi wetu juu ya maendeleo ya nchi na matumizi mazuri ya wataalamu na wasomi wetu yangekuwa safi, hata huyo Mmakonde angekuwa na uwezo wa kununua au kupanga makazi aliyokuwa na uwezo nayo. Lakini hata hicho kidogo hakipo basi, badala yake unaona "luxury apartments" za wahindi au nyumba zinauzwa kwa bei za ajabu.

National Housing ilikuwa imeanza vizuri katika enzi za nyerere, kujenga nyumba kila pahali na kuzipanga...actually it is the same properties huko Upanga ambazo wahindi wameweza kunua kwa bei ya kutupa, halafu wanabomoa na kujenga hizo "luxury apartments". Kosa kubwa serikali yetu iliyofanya ni kuuza nyumba za serikali, na nyumba za NHC. This shouldn't have been allowed to happen....but when the decision comes from a corrupt president, what is anybody going to do?

Sera zetu, mipango ya maendeleo na priority za viongozi wetu zinatakiwa kubadilika kutoka kwenye "u-mimi" kwenda kwenye "u-Tanzania".

...tembelea hapa Houses and apartments for sale in Tanzania - Kigamboni Property for sale upate kwa muhtahsari bei za nyumba sehemu mbali mbali Dar es salaam, na hizo apartment blocks wanazoporomosha wahindi na kupandisha market value ya maeneo ya upanga.

sio jazba kaka...,that's reality..,if you believe kuwa property ya upanga is worth $1.5m try using that as a collateral with one of the big foreign banks outside Tanzania.lets say Europe or US.they know better.

Upanga ile yenye Umeme wa mgao..,no central sewage system,vumbi 24/7 old houses that are not built up to standards,unless you tell me kuwa wajenzi wetu wameacha ile tabia ya kujaza mchanga kwenye matofali and such bluffs..,
coming to the house itself..,how connected is it?was it planned to provide quicker fire escape?!does it meet new standards of a wireless adhering building?!or is it just a brick structure?!
ebwana usione nyumba za watu zina-stand at $100m.
its attention to details that we just are not fond of in TZ.for us Geti la bati KUBWAAA...,UKUTA MREFU KAMA GEREZA,vigae...,vigae chini..,Office sofa's inside a living room is all we seem to care about.
Just Because u seen a house online or in a movie that looks almost the same it doesn't mean that they cost the same!
our houses in TZ are a collection of INFLATED stuffs kuanzia msingi hadi bati.
Huyo muhindi kakulangua hiyo milango,smenti rangi sijui nini..,mafundi wamekuibia sementi..,and here comes the real killer..,just because u spent $50K,it does not mean that the cost of the house is actually that..,it may increase or decrease.looking at the realities of tanzania.especially dar there is no SINGLE reason ya kufanya property market kuongezeka BEI.
NO employment,inflation is always mingling around double digits.no future plan,short term or longter from either the central government or the local government.hivi hujiulizi WHY the hell the biggest developers hawaji TZ??it's impractical!!life is hard..,it's like we have been in recession since UHURU or something.
by the way that brick you just post in the above link will not stand a chance above $30K if the real cost of everything was put down.

Upanga ile yenye Umeme wa mgao..,no central sewage system,vumbi 24/7 old houses that are not built up to standards,unless you tell me kuwa wajenzi wetu wameacha ile tabia ya kujaza mchanga kwenye matofali and such bluffs..,
coming to the house itself..,how connected is it?was it planned to provide quicker fire escape?!does it meet new standards of a wireless adhering building?!or is it just a brick structure?!

This is the one thing that scares me most...Egress and Fire Escape! Hivi jamani majengo yetu yanafuata misingi hii? Haya..majengo ya serikali labda...lakini haya ya wahindi? Sina imani hata kidogo. kwenye nchi za watu fire escape and egress ni muhimu mno, kiasi cha kwamba kama hukutimiza mahitaji hayo, jengo haliwezi kupewa permit! Sasa sie wabongo na rushwa tunaweza kufuata standards?

Haya basi, hizo nyumba zilizoonyeshwa kwenye website ziko okay, but I would pay $15,000 or maybe $25,000 at the highest...not at Tshs 180,000,000 or 195,000,000 (more than $100,000)! Where do these people get these ridiculous prices? sasa hizo apartment za wahindi hata usiguse, maana bei utakayotajiwa utakaa chini na kucheka! Maana hii notion ya watu kujijengea tu majumba na kuuza kwa bei za ajabu yanatakiwa kuachwa kabisa!

hiyo ni kawaida kila mahali uchumi wa nchi umelemea zaidi properties kama majengo,ardhi nk
kwaio ukiwa na ela nunua nyumba nyingi sio magari.magari dhamani yake inashuka muda unavyozidi kwenda wakati majengo dhamani inapanda.
kumbuka hivi karibuni hata uchumi wa ulaya na usa uliporomoka sababu ya majengo sitaenda kwa undani.
upanga.masaki,msasani,ostabei ni sehemu zilizo na mazingira mazuri ya kimakazi

Sanya Juu:

Unayosema yana ukweli ndani yake. Lakini sehemu hizi ulizotaja zilipimwa na ramani ya majengo ya mkoloni. Wakati huo nchi ina watu million 11 na DSM ina wakazi chini ya laki tano.

Sasa hivi nchi ina wakazi 40,000,000. DSM ina millioni 4 lakini sehemu ni zilizopimwa vizuri ni zilezile alizoacha mkoloni. Hivyo demand imezidi sana supply.

Hakuna sababu bei ya nyumba Magomeni kufika $70,000.

what amazes me the most is the average price of those houses is way more than what average price of houses cost in Europe and USA..,and there pay is like 10-20 times more!!people who own $200K house in use probably earns that per year or two.BUT if a i take it a tanzania civil worker paid $1K it would take 200 years of pay to get that!!how about that...,something is wrong.

You have nailed it! There is really no need for government intervention nor people crying foul because Asians have cornered the housing market. There is still a vast amount of land that need to be developed. You don't want to pay the asking price for an apartment or a house, go out there and build your own at a location you can afford. If you just sit around and wait for Asians or Europeans to develop a location, make it attractive for you to live then you should abide by the price they ask you to pay. Government interference will only make things worse.

You have nailed it! There is really no need for government intervention nor people crying foul because Asians have cornered the housing market. There is still a vast amount of land that need to be developed. You don't want to pay the asking price for an apartment or a house, go out there and build your own at a location you can afford. If you just sit around and wait for Asians or Europeans to develop a location, make it attractive for you to live then you should abide by the price they ask you to pay. Government interference will only make things worse.

thats is the best solution so far.BUT the bigger problem is there is a very big danger of a non regulated Real estate market..,people are going to use buy these prices either on credit or cash and when the bubble breaks they will realise that they paid way too high for the real cost of the properties.

do a simple google on the mortgage crisis in USA.

the cause is simple.Lack of regulations.even greenspan once admitted he was wrong.GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION IS IMPORTANT to a certain extent.

leave the guys alone and u will have very bad mortgage cases,and a "bongo crisis" of our own.

i always ask myself...,do they pay the adequate taxes as per their quoted prices??au ukifika wakati wa ku-pay taxes prices zina-shrink significantly?

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom