Professional footballer given fiver for helping soldier fix car

Mtambuzi

Platinum Member
Oct 29, 2008
upload_2017-1-6_9-43-28.png

A Premiership footballer was sent £5 by a soldier as thanks for helping him fix his car.

Alex Bruce, 32, a defender at Hull City, stopped to help Jay Twining open his bonnet after he was having trouble at a service station.

Staff Sgt Major Twining later sent Bruce a letter to say thank you, enclosing a £5 note. He said he'd asked five other people who told him they were too busy to lend a hand.

Twining, based at Merville Barracks in Colchester, wrote: "I thought that I should write a short note to thank you. I had broken down at the Service Station on 14 October 16 and I required assistance to open my car bonnet.

"I had asked five personnel to assist me for what would be ten seconds of their time and no one would help.

"I am very grateful for your assistance and wish that there were more people like you. Excuses ranged from "I need to get back to feed my baby" and "I wish I could but I don't have the time."

"Please accept this £5.00 to buy yourself a drink on me as a way of thanking you."

Bruce shared a photo of the letter on Twitter, and said: "Mr Twining thanks for your letter I've just received it, I'll treat myself to a shandy, cheers!"

It has been retweeted hundreds of times and 'liked' by more than 1,000 people.

Professional footballer given fiver for helping soldier fix car

Back
Top Bottom