Ports' modernisation master plan ready

mstahiki

JF-Expert Member
Jul 14, 2007
4th February 2010
By The guardian reporter

The government has already prepared a ports’ master plan for modernising all ports in the country, the National Assembly was told yesterday.

Infrastructure Development minister Dr Shukuru Kawambwa informed the House that the project would be implemented over a span of 20 years beginning this financial year.

He revealed this when responding to Victor Mwambalaswa (Lupa, CCM), who had wanted to know efforts being taken by the government to modernise ports and build a new airport at Bagamoyo to tap the area's tourism potential.

He told the parliamentarians that under the plan, two new airports would be constructed at Mwambani area in Tanga and Mbegani area in Bagamoyo, Coast Region.

Dr Kawambwa said Mtwara and Dar es Salaam ports would be extended and modernized under the programme.

The minister said so far, investors from China, the United States and Malaysia had showed interest in supporting the government to construct the airport. He said they were waiting for proposals from them on how to implement the project.

Dr Kawambwa said the government was planning to construct another airport at Dodoma, as it had already promised in the House. He said compensation for residents of Msalato had already been paid to pave way for the construction of the airport.

He added that a feasibility study for the project had already been completed and was done with financial assistance from the Arab bank – Badea - at the tune of USD 440,000.

The minister said so far, investors from China, the United States and Malaysia had showed interest in supporting the government to construct the airport. He said they were waiting for proposals from them on how to implement the project.

Same old song

He revealed this when responding to Victor Mwambalaswa (Lupa, CCM), who had wanted to know efforts being taken by the government to modernise ports and build a new airport at Bagamoyo to tap the area's tourism potential.

Mbunge kauliza swali, Serikali ya CCM inafanya nini kuboresha bandari zetu "ndani ya ngwe hii ya CCM", badala yake anajibiwa kuwa kuna master plan ya miaka 20 ijayo, na itaanza mwaka huu, (na kama kawaida) hela hazijulikani zitakakotoka. WTF!!!!! Only 20 years for a ports master plan?? Absolutely jokers. Majibu ya kisiasa-siasa tu halafu watu wanapiga makofi Bungeni. Tumerogwa!

Maswali hapa ni - CCM imefanya nini kuendeleza bandari zetu tangu ichukue madaraka mara ya mwisho na inatarajia kuwa imefanya nini hadi muhula wake utakapoisha?

Na kama Waziri anajifanya mjanja kukwepa swali, swali linalofatia kutokana na jibu lake la ukwepaji ni - ni kwa kiwango gani uboreshaji huo utakuwa na total cost ya hiyo master plan ni kiasi gani? Mtu hauwezi kuja na master plan ya kitu bila kujua hela zitatoka wapi na kazi itafanyika kwa kiwango gani, haswa pale unapotaja project kubwa kama za bandari au airport ndani ya miaka 20 tu.

Plan Plan si tunataka utekelezaji..kila siku tunaambiwa Master Plana ya kitu fulani iko tayari,Mpango Mkakati wa sijui kitu gani uko tayari lakini utekelezaji hatuoni.Mwaka huu wa uchaguzi kutakuwa na Maplan mengi kweli kweli halafu hakuna hata moja utakaokuwa full implemeted.

Siasa tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inabidi mawaziri wote wawe na peformance management plan na reviwers tuwe sisi. Same for preisdent. Sasa hivi inatakiwa zile ahadi zote alizotoa ziorozeshwe halafu ajibu moja moja utekelezaji wake na sio jumla jumla. Hapo tutaweza kusema tumpe miaka mingine 5 au tuishie hapa. Nadhani tunahitaji waandishi makini kuweza ku-trace hili.

Umbali wa Dar na Bagamoyo ni chini ya kilometa 60, na Dar es Salaam tayari kuna uwanja wa ndege wa kimataifa.

Badala ya kujenga na kuimarisha njia za reli na barabara kuunganisha Bagamoyo na mikoa ya jirani, miwili ambayo tayari ina bandari kubwa kwanini mtu ujenge uwanja wa ndege huko Mwambani au Bagamoyo?

Kuna maeneo mengi ambayo yanastahili hii miradi, mikoa wa Kigoma, Mtwara na Mbeya (reli, barabara na uwanja wa ndege) ina umuhimu zaidi.

Kuna wakati huwa najiuliza, je hivi hawa wataalamu wengine pindi wanafanya kazi zao na kupanga mipango yao huwa wanaangalia vituo vya uzalishaji na biashara vipo wapi?

Naona yale ya Yamoussoukrou yanakaribia kutimia.

Hivi waziri wa miundo mbinu bado yuko hai?? I get sick every time I hit the dar roads going anywhere! Ninaumia sana jinsi masaa mengi yanavyopotea kwenye foleni mabarabarani na hakuna hata mwenye mamlaka mmoja anayetaka kujihusisha na ufumbuzi wa tatizo hili. Nilifikiri ni moja ya majukumu ya waziri wa miundo mbinu. Badala yake anaongelea vitu hewani. Hizo ndege ziko wapi? Watu tunalipa kodi ya kufa mtu bado tusilale, kazi kukimbia kuogopa foleni tu?

Na usithubutu kunijibu haraka haraka eti hakuna fedha. Tunaziona kila siku zinavyotumika kusiko. Kwa nini mtu kazi ikikushinda usikae pembeni na kuwaachia wenye uwezo?

obama_crying_wideweb__470x3520.jpg

Bring a tear to a brother's eye.

i do understand the skeptism but dont be such a skeptic that you cant see the development the govt has tried to achieve. if you take your time and do some research you might be pleasantly surprised.

althought i hate kenyan leaders, lately they have surpised me with the number of huge projects they have undertaked some completed some in progress others still in the planning stages. it has taken time due to rampant corruption and unaccountability but atleast they are doing something.

ignore the newspaper headlines and do your research. you might get a pleasant surprise from your govt.

i do understand the skeptism but dont be such a skeptic that you cant see the development the govt has tried to achieve. if you take your time and do some research you might be pleasantly surprised.

althought i hate kenyan leaders, lately they have surpised me with the number of huge projects they have undertaked some completed some in progress others still in the planning stages. it has taken time due to rampant corruption and unaccountability but atleast they are doing something.

ignore the newspaper headlines and do your research. you might get a pleasant surprise from your govt.

Let Kenyans be Kenyans...
Ongelea grand project za Serikali yetu Tz under CCM. Zipi zimefanikiwa, zipi zitafanikiwa, lini na wapi? Kisha jaribu kuoanisha mafanikio hayo na ahadi zilizowekwa dhidi yake.

Btw, i don't see reason why you hate Kenyan leaders... wondered if there is any specific one that could lead us to feeling the same, enlighten us pls....! Since for most of us, at no point we express our opinions out of hate. It's sheer love for our beloved country and the continued failure of our leaders that permits for these objections, and of course, support for those on the other side of the argument.

Just MODERNISE UR BRAINS(GOVT,PTA-THA & CO) and the rest will follow...simples!!!

Umbali wa Dar na Bagamoyo ni chini ya kilometa 60, na Dar es Salaam tayari kuna uwanja wa ndege wa kimataifa.

Badala ya kujenga na kuimarisha njia za reli na barabara kuunganisha Bagamoyo na mikoa ya jirani, miwili ambayo tayari ina bandari kubwa kwanini mtu ujenge uwanja wa ndege huko Mwambani au Bagamoyo?

Kuna maeneo mengi ambayo yanastahili hii miradi, mikoa wa Kigoma, Mtwara na Mbeya (reli, barabara na uwanja wa ndege) ina umuhimu zaidi.

Kuna wakati huwa najiuliza, je hivi hawa wataalamu wengine pindi wanafanya kazi zao na kupanga mipango yao huwa wanaangalia vituo vya uzalishaji na biashara vipo wapi?

Mazee,

Sasa unataka JK akipewa ripoti kwamba ikulu imepigwa kifantamu wakati yeye anazurura ughaibuni ashindwe kwenda directly mpaka nje ya kibanda cha mganga wake Bagamoyo?

Kwa upeo wangu mdogo hivi ndivyo ninafikiri/ona

Mkuu wa nchi anatoka huko na pia waziri wa miundo mbinu anatoka huko, hapo ni kuweka historia kuwa mkwele enzi za uongozi wake alijenga uwanja. suala hili halijafanyiwa tathimini kiuchumi ni kisiasa zaidi

Naamini kuna serikali serious itaanza kazi baada 2015 sio sasa maana sasa kulindana na brotherhood....

Let Kenyans be Kenyans...
Ongelea grand project za Serikali yetu Tz under CCM. Zipi zimefanikiwa, zipi zitafanikiwa, lini na wapi? Kisha jaribu kuoanisha mafanikio hayo na ahadi zilizowekwa dhidi yake.

Btw, i don't see reason why you hate Kenyan leaders... wondered if there is any specific one that could lead us to feeling the same, enlighten us pls....! Since for most of us, at no point we express our opinions out of hate. It's sheer love for our beloved country and the continued failure of our leaders that permits for these objections, and of course, support for those on the other side of the argument.

dont get me wrong, i love my country down to the single sand grain. it is the leaders that i cannot stand. from rigged elections that led to an almost civil war, the grand corruption that is draining our country dry, to the rampaging lack of unaccountability that leads to mismanagement.

there are alot of projects the govt is doing, from the road contruction that has transformed the country's roads, investments in the energy sector, making policies that have removed red tape for investors, nuilding houses for kibera dwellers to move into and move demolish the slums. these are some of the few things that i give credit to the govt.

overall i am far from happy with my leaders but i have to say that at times these leaders have done some good. which i give them credit for.

Back
Top Bottom