Please, how do I get rid of this check engine sign on my Kluger's dash board?

karagwe2005

Apr 26, 2012
I own Kluger, 3000cc, 1998 model. The check engine sign and VSC sign have been appearing on a car's dash board after driving about 15 to 20km. My technician thought that it was the issue of Oxygen sensor. Upon changing the four sensors thrice, the problem persists.
I know there are experts in this Forum. Please assist me by telling me the cause if the problem, its consequences if not rectified and where I can go in Dar es salaam Tanzania to solve it once and for all.
Many thanks.

8fdheSKRQdd4tgEA6SXbdUMJ.jpg

I own Kluger, 3000cc, 1998 model. The check engine sign and VSC sign have been appearing on a car's dash board after driving about 15 to 20km. My technician thought that it was the issue of Oxygen sensor. Upon changing the four sensors thrice, the problem persists.
I know there are experts in this Forum. Please assist me by telling me the cause if the problem, its consequences if not rectified and where I can go in Dar es salaam Tanzania to solve it once and for all.
Many thanks.

View attachment 608559

Inaweza kuwa ni kitu kidogo sana, ila nakushauri usipopata mtu sahihi usihangaike nacho, mimi niliwahi pambana na taa kwenye mitsubishi montero yangu ikani cost gearbox, mafundi ni wa hovyo sana!

Many thanks.

View attachment 608559
Usually, if you plug your car into a computer it will give you a code corresponding to the problem. Reputable autoshops should be able to do this for you for free.

However, here are a few troubleshooting questions for you.

1. When did you last replace your ignition wires and spark plugs? Worn wires or misfiring plug could light up your CHECK-ENGINE light.

2. Is your exhaust system intact? A leak in your exhaust system, especially pre-catalytic converter will also light your warnings up.

3. If your car is turbocharged, a leak in the system that powers the turbine could also trigger the light.

The bulk of the problems that would light up your CHECK-ENGINE light are in the combustion-emission systems. A computer diagnostics from your mechanic is the best and sure way of pinpointing the problem.

A car is drivable with this warning light on. When this light starts to blink while driving then you are really in deep trouble and need to resolve the problem pronto.

In some countries where annual car inspections also inspects car emissions, they will not certify your car if the check-engine light is on. It is a visual indication that you may have emissions problems.

I am not a mechanic. I just happen to have had my fair share of driving old cars.

Good luck.

If and when you find out the problem, and fix it, could you kindly let us know? Tag me please.

Sorry, I didn't address the VSC (vehicle stability control) light. VSC and TRACtion control work with your antilock brakes to help you control your car especially if in slippery roads. If VSC is off, all it means is that your car maynot be assisted by your onboard computer when tires start to slip on the road surface.

There must be a button in your dash board to turn this VSC light on and off.

Usually, if you plug your car into a computer it will give you a code corresponding to the problem. Reputable autoshops should be able to do this for you for free.

However, here are a few troubleshooting questions for you.

1. When did you last replace your ignition wires and spark plugs? Worn wires or misfiring plug could light up your CHECK-ENGINE light.

2. Is your exhaust system intact? A leak in your exhaust system, especially pre-catalytic converter will also light your warnings up.

3. If your car is turbocharged, a leak in the system that powers the turbine could also trigger the light.

The bulk of the problems that would light up your CHECK-ENGINE light are in the combustion-emission systems. A computer diagnostics from your mechanic is the best and sure way of pinpointing the problem.

A car is drivable with this warning light on. When this light starts to blink while driving then you are really in deep trouble and need to resolve the problem pronto.

In some countries where annual car inspections also inspects car emissions, they will not certify your car if the check-engine light is on. It is a visual indication that you may have emissions problems.

I am not a mechanic. I just happen to have had my fair share of driving old cars.

Good luck.

If and when you find out the problem, and fix it, could you kindly let us know? Tag me please.

Sorry, I didn't address the VSC (vehicle stability control) light. VSC and TRACtion control work with your antilock brakes to help you control your car especially if in slippery roads. If VSC is off, all it means is that your car maynot be assisted by your onboard computer when tires start to slip on the road surface.

There must be a button in your dash board to turn this VSC light on and off.
Many thanks!

Mafundi wa bongo bwana pasua kichwa! Watu bila ajizi hufanyia majaribio utundu wao kwenye Gari za watu!!! Hawajui cha computer based diagnosis wala nini!
Tatizo lako Mkuu Una underestimate watu na hii inawagarimu sana watu wengi Mbingunikwetu.......Mtu anaomba Msaada Anasidiwa wewe unaleta kilichopo kichwani mwako.....sasa kwa taarifa yako hicho kilichomshauri ndiyo Suluhisho..........Mkuu umeshawahi kumiliki Kluger.........? Ninaongea kutokana na uzoefu................

Back
Top Bottom