Platini attacks top-flight set-up

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Platini attacks top-flight set-up
BBC Sports

Uefa president Michel Platini has launched a scathing attack on the influx of foreign owners in the Premier League over the last few years.

He said: "If you bring people from Qatar and there is no-one from Liverpool or Manchester at the club, where is Liverpool or Manchester?

"I think it is not good. I think the Qataris should invest in Qatar.

"They should develop the football in each country. Can we do something against it? I will try to."

One player aged 11 is coming from Marseille to Chelsea. For the mother you think that is good?

Uefa president Michel Platini
Nine of the 20 English Premier League clubs have foreign owners.

Manchester City are the latest Premier League side to have been taken over after Thaksin Shinawatra sold the club to Abu Dhabi United Group, which is backed by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Concerned by the influx of foreign owners and players to the Premier League, Platini believes the balance has tipped too far in England.

He continued: "Do you want in Liverpool an Arab sheikh as president with one Brazilian coach and nine or 11 African players?

"Where is Liverpool in that? We have to make some rules.

"What is football? Football is a game and this game has become popular because of the identity.

"You have to have identity, that is where football's popularity lies."

Platini also revealed Uefa would looking at ways of introducing Europe-wide regulations.

"Can we do something against it? I will try to do something, I am not sure it will be possible to do that but I have to see European law, English law, French, German, Russian, Ukrainian, many."

The former French playmaker also criticised English clubs for poaching underage players from abroad as he stressed the need to "control the transfer of minors".

"When you buy Ronaldo or Pele or Maradona or Robinho, I have no problem. But when you buy players at 13, 14 or 15 years, I don't like that," he said.

"One player aged 11 is coming from Marseille to Chelsea. For the mother you think that is good?"

Platini is right, but so far the tragedy which we are in is more complex that what he thinks.

Globalization have result from what we see now, nevertheless soka umekuwa mchezo unaoendeshwa kibiashara zaidi(money oriented/making profit), tunakolekea soka itakuwa ni kwa wenye pesa tu!

Platini ni Rais wa UEAF, Blatter ni rais wa FIFA lakini neither of them ataweza kukujibu swali la kwanini siku hizi HAKI MILIKI za kurusha live mechi zimekuwa damn expensive!, tene n hao hao UEFA/FIFA wamekuwa wakizipandisha kila siku, sadly enough hata kwa akina sisi dunia ya TATU!, sijui uweshawai kujiuliza ni pesa ngapi tunawachangia GTV/MULTICHOICE kuona tuu game ambayo ITV few yrs ago walikuwa WANAONESHA BUREE!

Platini naye kwa kiasi kikubwa anachangia(katika nafasi aliyonayo), kufanya mambo kuwa kama yalivyo hivi sana, all in all this is the Globalized world, kwaio ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN..binafsi sishangai even though am very sor upon such policy, hatuna option.

Back
Top Bottom