Php code security

Chief Lugina

JF-Expert Member
Jul 1, 2011
Hello PHP GURU,
we all know that php is an Open Source, but doesn't mean that every open source is a free software.There are lot of encryption methods which can be done to the PHP codes, please can any one point me which is the best encryption method.

Hello PHP GURU,
we all know that php is an Open Source, but doesn't mean that every open source is a free software.There are lot of encryption methods which can be done to the PHP codes, please can any one point me which is the best encryption method.
Though not a guru at all I can try to put my few cents on it ;)
I'm not sure you want to encrypt or hash but I will assume both. Any encryption with time, machine advances et al can be broken at some point but so far AES 128 and its family are strong enough to protect your top secret docs. I believe the security organ of the US have approved this family for CIA docs (I read it long time so my memory might be wrong so check out in net). As far as hashing is concerned stay away from MD5, as it have proven to be weak in some technical sense (want me go on collisions and such?). Get hold of SHA2 family. Remember to do salting so that even two same strings will generate different hashes....
Enjoy,
BH

Wewe jembe Mkuu. Naona hakuuliza tena swali la nyongeza.

Though not a guru at all I can try to put my few cents on it ;)
I'm not sure you want to encrypt or hash but I will assume both. Any encryption with time, machine advances et al can be broken at some point but so far AES 128 and its family are strong enough to protect your top secret docs. I believe the security organ of the US have approved this family for CIA docs (I read it long time so my memory might be wrong so check out in net). As far as hashing is concerned stay away from MD5, as it have proven to be weak in some technical sense (want me go on collisions and such?). Get hold of SHA2 family. Remember to do salting so that even two same strings will generate different hashes....
Enjoy,
BH

Back
Top Bottom