PHOTOS - Uhuru has commissioned this massive Sh65 billion superhighway in Nairobi today

Shhhhh....
Screenshot_20200524-174846.jpg

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

It is awesome to privatize road construction. We have already been successful in the energy sector by having a vibrant private sector in electricity generation. Kenya is also looking to expand privatization space in transmission and distribution of electricity.

This private project means GOK will not take a loan but private money will build, operate and maintain it to recoup their investments then transfer to GOK once they have made their money back.

This is also an affirmation of the confidence investors have in the business environment in Kenya. Very few countries in Africa have private investments in the energy and road infrastructure.

The first and only elevated highway in east and central Africa. Congratulations Kenya a land of firsts

Mtachoka tu.
Huu ni mwanzo tu.

More private money will go into roads now, and then they pay themselves back with tolls.
True!There is also the 180km Nairobi-Nakuru-Mau summit expressway which is a private investment. It includes an elevated highway passing through Nakuru town. Nakuru will be the second urban centre in east and central africa to have an elevated highway after Nairobi.

FYI James gichuru to Rironi ksh 23b section is funded by GOK through budget. It is not a loan as world bank pulled out.
A large section of it is concrete paving to last longer

Expressway will be complete by August 2022

eliakeem no where has it been said that the GOK is guaranteeing any loan. You are pushing that assumption with no information.

Kenha has said profit or loss is absorbed by crbc. GOK is only providing land in the partnership.

From the comments coming from Tanzanians. I have noted a few things

i) They have no idea what a public private partnership is.
ii) They have no idea how to attract investors into critical areas like road infrastructure, energy etc. This is reflective of their communist roots where they rely on government to do everything for them.

Advice To Tanzanians: Kenya has a long history of public private partnerships especially in the energy sector where currently about 40% of the electricity in Kenya is produced by independent power producers and not Kengen. Private money is the best way to grow an economy in a self sustaining way.

Kenya is also looking to introduce competition in the power distribution sector to achieve 100% access by 2025.

By the way I was passing through ruaka going to limuru to check out a chilli farmer, and I noticed a lot of road construction activity. It seems the road from ruaka,passing through ndenderu all the way to Nairobi-Nakuru highway junction in limuru will be a dual carriage way highway. The construction stretch started from ruaka all the way to around st. pauls university in tigoni.

Back
Top Bottom