Paul A. Samuelson, Economist, Dies at 94

Economist

Dec 25, 2008

By MICHAEL M. WEINSTEIN
Published: December 13, 2009

Paul A. Samuelson, the first American Nobel laureate in economics and the foremost academic economist of the 20th century, died Sunday at his home in Belmont, Mass. He was 94.
His death was announced by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which Mr. Samuelson helped build into one of the world’s great centers of graduate education in economics.
In receiving the Nobel Prize in 1970, Mr. Samuelson was credited with transforming his discipline from one that ruminates about economic issues to one that solves problems, answering questions about cause and effect with mathematical rigor and clarity.

RIP

RIP Paul A. Samuelson. We will always remember you for making Economics a Mathematical oriented subject.

RIP Samuelson!
Indeed, there can never be 'easy-to-understand' books than those by Samuelson!
RIP, again!

R.I.P. Prof.Samuelson, your books helped many people in this world.

By MICHAEL M. WEINSTEIN
Published: December 13, 2009

Paul A. Samuelson, the first American Nobel laureate in economics and the foremost academic economist of the 20th century, died Sunday at his home in Belmont, Mass. He was 94.
His death was announced by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which Mr. Samuelson helped build into one of the world’s great centers of graduate education in economics.
In receiving the Nobel Prize in 1970, Mr. Samuelson was credited with transforming his discipline from one that ruminates about economic issues to one that solves problems, answering questions about cause and effect with mathematical rigor and clarity.

RIP

May his soul rest in peace. He was one of the best and will always be.

RIP Samuelson!
Indeed, there can never be 'easy-to-understand' books than those by Samuelson!
RIP, again!

I am not an economist by training. But I am looking forward to read Prof. Samuelson's book(s). Any suggestion? Where should I start?

Wiki iliyopita,walipokuwa wanafanya kikao kumthibitisha Ben Bonanke kuwa Mwenyekiti wa Fed Reserve kwa kipindi cha pili,Seneta mmoja alimuuliza Ben Bonake,''Kwamba,ana habari,kwamba Mchumi mmoja Mr. Samuelson ,amesema kwamba kuna inflation Marekani?.''

Jana nimefanya mtihani wa economics, moja ya swali lilikuwa linahusu Effects of Trade on Factor Price ambapo Samuelson na Stolper waliiandikia kwenye "Protection and Real Wages" - Review of Economic Studies

RIP Samuelson

hivi huyu samuelson ni mzungu?

Ni mtu wa pili kupata nobel ya Economics. Hakuna Mwafrika hata mmoja aliyewahi kupata nobel ya economics, comming to think about it, other than literature and peace, Africans ( white or black), have never won any other kind of nobel.

I get your drift though. ( Miafika ndivyo tulivyo?!) nadhani unataka kutuuliza kwa nini tunamshangilia huyu mzungu badala ya kukazana na sisi kufanya uchambuzi ili tuweze kuliendeleza somo la uchumi.

Binafsi nafurahia sana alivyorahisisha kufundisha na kujifunza economics. Kwa beginners, vitabu vyake ( labda publisher wake alifanya hivi, au alishauliana naye) vilikuwa rahisi kueleweka, moja ya vifaa ya kujifunza na kuileza economics ni kutumia charts na graphs, for elementary economics books alikuwa anatumia distinct colors, kama supply curve ni kijani atatumia rangi nyekundu kuchora demand curve etc.

Alipoleta rigor ya maths, alipunguza sana ungwini kwenye economics, badala ya kuchora hilo li curve ( be it demand, supply or cost curves) na kutoa maelezo kibao unapresent tu a relevant mathematical equation ambayo itahakikisha matokeo tunayoyapenda katika economics ( uniqueness and stability of equilibrium and other economics outcomes)
Matrix algebra, na calculus ni vifaa muhimu sana vy uchambuzi wa kiuchumi.

Na haya matumizi ya hesabu katika economics ndiyo yaliyompatia hiyo Nobel.

Binafsi nafurahia sana alivyorahisisha kufundisha na kujifunza economics. Kwa beginners, vitabu vyake ( labda publisher wake alifanya hivi, au alishauliana naye) vilikuwa rahisi kueleweka, moja ya vifaa ya kujifunza na kuileza economics ni kutumia charts na graphs, for elementary economics books alikuwa anatumia distinct colors, kama supply curve ni kijani atatumia rangi nyekundu kuchora demand curve etc.

Vitabu vyake ni vipi hivyo? Can you mention a few? Mimi ninapata shida kusoma kitabu cha mwaka 1947. I am sure things have changed a lot. Nimeona kuna kitabu aliandika na Bill Nordhaus but I am not sure if it's worth purchasing.

Vitabu vyake ni vipi hivyo? Can you mention a few? Mimi ninapata shida kusoma kitabu cha mwaka 1947. I am sure things have changed a lot. Nimeona kuna kitabu aliandika na Bill Nordhaus but I am not sure if it's worth purchasing.

Nilisoma kitabu chake ''Economics'' kwenye very elementary levels. Nilikuwa nadhani form six . Nadhani ni hicho hicho cha 1947, lakini edition ya mwaka niliosoma mimi form six. sitaki kuutaja mwaka lakini nilijiunga JKT operesheni Kagera kama mtambuzi unaweza kukisia nilimaliza lini form six.

Kitabu ninachosema mimi ni very elementary, siwezi kukushauri kununua au kutonunua inategemea unataka cha nini. kama unataka kufundidhia kinafaa , binafsi niliona vijana wanakielewa vizuri.

for intermediate Econ use Baumol and Blinder

Back
Top Bottom