Patrice Émery Lumumba - Maisha, Kukamatwa na kuuwawa kwake

m_kishuri

JF-Expert Member
Jan 27, 2010
LUMUMBA'S LAST STATEMENT

FROM HIS CELL, SHORTLY BEFORE HIS DEATH, PATRICE LUMUMBA SENT THE FOLLOWING LETTER TO HIS WIFE PAULINE

MY BELOVED COMPANION,

I write you these words not knowing whether you will receive them, when you will receive them, and whether I will still be alive when you read them. Throughout my struggle for the independence of my country, I have never doubted for a single instant that the sacred cause to which my comrades and I have dedicated our entire lives would triumph in the end. But what we wanted for our country- its right to an honourable life, to perfect dignity, to independence, to independence with no restrictions was never wanted by Belgian colonialism and its West allies, who found direct and indirect, intentional and unintentional support among certain senior official of the United Nations, that body in which we placed all our trust when we called on it for help.

They have corrupted some of our country men; they have bought others; they have done their part to distort the truth and defile our independence. What else can I say? That whether dead or alive, free or in prison by orders of the colonialists, it is not my person that is important. What is important is the Congo, our people whose independence has been turned into a cage, with people looking at us from outside the bars, sometimes with charitable compassion, sometimes with glee and delight.

But my faith will remain unshakable. I know and feel in my heart of hearts that sooner or later my people will rid themselves of all their enemies, foreign and domestic, that they will rise up as one to say no to the shame and degradation of colonialism and regain their dignity in the pure light of the day. We are not alone. Africa, Asia and the free and liberated peoples in every corner of the globe will ever remain at the side of millions of Congolese who will not abandon the struggle until the day when there will be no more colonizers and no more of their mercenaries in our country.

I want my children, whom I have behind and perhaps will never see again, to be told that the future of the Congo is beautiful and that their country expects them, as it expects every Congolese, to fulfil the sacred task of rebuilding our independence, our sovereignty; for without justice there is no dignity and without independence there are no free men. Neither brutal assault, no cruel mistreatment, nor torture have ever led me to beg for mercy, for I prefer to die with my head held high, unshakable faith and the greatest confidence in the destiny of my country rather than live in slavery and contempt for sacred principles.

History will one day have its say; it will not be the history taught in the United Nations, Washington, Paris, or Brussels, however, but the history taught in the countries that have rid themselves of colonialism and its puppets. Africa will write its own history and both north and south of Sahara it will be a history full of glory and dignity. Do not weep for me my companion; I know that my country, now suffering so much, will be able to defend its independence and its freedom.

Long live the Congo Long live Africa

(witte, Ludo de. 1999. The Assassination of Lumumba. Johannesburg: Jacana

------------------------------------------

War-crimes charges to be filed 50 years after Lumumba's assassination.

BRUSSELS - Activists plan to file a civil suit alleging war crimes by a dozen former Belgian officials they say participated in the assassination of Congolese prime minister Patrice Lumumba 50 years ago, a Brussels lawyer who heads the legal team said Monday.

War-crimes charges to be filed 50 years after Lumumba's assassination - 680News

Last minutes video before his assassination.

British spies admitted helping to organise the detention and execution of the first prime minister of the Democratic Republic of Congo in the 1960s, a peer has claimed.

PD2243849_BELGIUM__2524504b.jpg

British spies admitted helping to organise the detention and execution of Patrice Lumumba the first prime minister of the Democratic Republic of Congo in the 1960s, a peer has claimed. Photo: AP

By Tom Whitehead

6:46PM BST 01 Apr 2013

Baroness (Daphne) Park of Monmouth, who was the senior MI6 officer in the African country at the time, said she had "organised it", according to the Labour peer Lord Lea.

Independence leader Patrice Lumumba was arrested, tortured and executed just months after becoming the first democratically elected prime minister of the DRC in 1960.

Although rebel forces carried out the killing, it has long been claimed that foreign intelligence agencies played a part.

Belgium, from which Lumumba won independence, apologised in 2002 for having some responsibility by failing to prevent his death, while in 2006 documents showed the CIA had plotted to assassinate him but the plot was abandoned.

However, Lord Lea of Crondall, claims he was told by Baroness Park herself that MI6 had also played a role.

He made the revelation in response to a review of a book by Calder Walton in to British intelligence in the London Review of Books.

Lord Lea wrote: "Referring to the controversy surrounding the death of Patrice Lumumba in1960, Bernard Porter quotes Calder Walton's conclusion: 'The question remains whether British plots to assassinate Lumumba ever amounted to anything. At present, we do not know' .

"Actually, in this particular case, I can report that we do. It so happens that I was having a cup of tea with Daphne Park – we were colleagues from opposite sides of the Lords – a few months before she died in March 2010.

"She had been consul and first secretary in Leopoldville, now Kinshasa, from 1959 to 1961, which in practice (this was subsequently acknowledged) meant head of MI6 there.

"I mentioned the uproar surrounding Lumumba's abduction and murder, and recalled the theory that MI6 might have had something to do with it. 'We did,' she replied, 'I organised it.'"

Lord Lea went on to claim Baroness Park had indicated that the reason was because of concerns that Lumumba may be a communist siding with Soviet Russia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazima haki itendeke. Wauaji wa Lumumba wana deni kubwa sana kwa wa-congoman

Tanzania ilikuwa moja ya nchi zilizoutambua utawala mpya wa Kongo chini ya Joseph Mobutu (baadae Mobutu Seseseko Kuku Ngubendu wa Zabanga). Picha za Mobutu zilisambazwa na kubandikwa mpaka kwenye shule za msingi hapa Tanzania!

Tanzania ilikuwa moja ya nchi zilizoutambua utawala mpya wa Kongo chini ya Joseph Mobutu (baadae Mobutu Seseseko Kuku Ngubendu wa Zabanga). Picha za Mobutu zilisambazwa na kubandikwa mpaka kwenye shule za msingi hapa Tanzania!
we unafikiri ilikuwa na ubavu wa kutoutambua?

we unafikiri ilikuwa na ubavu wa kutoutambua?
Halikuwa si suala la ubavu. Nyerere hakujua kushiriki kwa Mobutu katika mauaji ya Lumumba mpaka mwaka 1972 kilipochapishwa kitabu nchini Ufaransa juu ya mauaji ya Lumumba. Mobutu alikipiga marufuku kitabu hicho Congo. Baada ya hapo Mwalimu alianza kumtenga Mobutu.

Tribute to Patrice Lumumba on the 50th anniversary of his assassination

Why was Lumumba killed? Because he was a ‘relentless, dedicated, intelligent, passionate anti-colonialist, Pan-Africanist and Congolese nationalist' with ‘the unstinting support of the Congolese masses' who ‘stood in the way of Belgium's plan to transform Congo from a colony into a neo-colony,' writes Carlos Martinez.

Malcolm X, speaking at a rally of the Organisation of Afro-American Unity in 1964, described Patrice Emery Lumumba as 'the greatest black man who ever walked the African continent. He didn't fear anybody. He had those people [the colonialists] so scared they had to kill him. They couldn't buy him, they couldn't frighten him, they couldn't reach him.'

http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/features/70254

377548_323995357622417_666163348_n.jpg

History is the witness that testifies to the passing of time; it illumines reality, vitalizes memory, provides guidance in daily life and brings us tidings of antiquity." - Cicero .....After his arrest by CIA and Beligium Army commander Joseph Mobutu, ousted Prime Minister Patrice Lumumba was taken to Katanga. On January 17th, 1961, Lumumba was killed by firing squad. Two of his colleagues were killed with him.

263597_500687343286550_1035761552_n.jpg

[voice over narration] I only gave voice to words of freedom and brotherhood, words they couldn't accept. Just words. Patrice Émery Lumumba:
Not collaboration, civil disobedience. Eighty years is enough. Patrice Émery Lumumba:
[voice over narration] Don't weep my love. One day history will have its say. Not the history they teach in Brussels, Paris or Washington, but our history. That of a new Africa. And on that day...Patrice Émery Lumumba:

220px-PatricelumumbaIISG.jpg

Patrice Émery Lumumba (2 July 1925 – 17 January 1961) was a Congolese independence leader and the first legally elected Prime Minister of the Republic of the Congo after he helped win its independence from Belgium in June 1960. Only twelve weeks later, Lumumba's government was deposed in a coup during the Congo Crisis.[SUP][1][/SUP] He was subsequently imprisoned and executed by firing squad, an act that was committed with the assistance of the governments of the United States and Belgium. The Belgian government officially apologized in 2002

Mobutu & NIXON

MOBUTU.. early days...

Lumumba captured

Lumumba in Power ..

A black man in the group of whites....Mobutu! A quest for power or status???

I admire this guy....Mobutu did not know the outcome of his own game! He ended up a loser!

It seems Nyerere was right not to share the same table with the BRITISH or to follow their policies of HUMAN DISTRACTION as in KENYA then... their rule robbed the LAND; LIVES...

Comrade nakukumbuka daima, afrika kuna siku mungu atatukumbuka kwa kuwaapa viongozi kama nyie sio vicheche na wasanii kama kikwete/lowassa na ndoto zao za alinacha.
Mungu aikumbuke familia yako daima.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom