Palestine wants Dar to lead Mideast peace process

Nyamgluu

JF-Expert Member
Mar 10, 2006
Palestine wants Dar to lead Mideast peace process

2006-06-12 09:33:42
By Pacifique Nkeshimana

Palestine wants Tanzania to take the lead in mediating peace between the main protagonists in the longstanding Middle East conflict Israel and Palestine.

Palestinian ambassador to Tanzania, told The Guardian in an exclusive interview on Friday that the new regime in his country would prefer Tanzania to prevail over the UN Security Council to convince Israel to abandon aggression in favour of negotiated peace settlement.

Yousef said the involvement of Tanzania in the mediation process between the two adversaries would result in tangible settlement.

He said Tanzania’s involvement in the search for peace in Africa would be useful when Israel and Palestine sit down to talk peace.

He said his country’s relations with Tanzania over the past 30 years are cordial.

’’Tanzania has been providing Palestine with moral and political support during the long period of conflict with Israel,’’ he added.

Yousef said Tanzania’s new international policy that embraces peace all over the world presents an ideal opportunity to resolve the longstanding dispute over land and natural resources in the Middle East.

He said Tanzania is respected internationally and its membership on the UN Security Council would be beneficial to Palestine.

’’Tanzania is on the UN Security Council and therefore can convince the United Nations to prevail over Israel to accept peaceful resolution of the conflict,’’ he said.

’’Today (last Friday) I visited the Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation, Dr Asha-Rose Migiro, to request for the assistance of Tanzania in the resolution of the conflicts between Israel and Palestine.

Dr Migiro advocates that Africa must be involved in the resolution of our conflict rather than European countries, Japan and the US,’’ he said.

The envoy said Tanzania is a nation that has enjoyed peace, freedom and justice since it was founded.

He added, ’’We need Tanzania’s experience in the search for peace in the Middle East.’’
He added: ’’I was an ambassador in Europe for over 30 years.

I’m new in Tanzania; I’m proud to be promoted to such a challenging position here. For me, Tanzania is home because we share the dream of Mwalimu Julius Nyerere and Yasser Arafat, of looking for lasting peace in out respective countries.’’

Yousef said his country plans to increase its investment in Tanzania.
’’I have already met the IPP Executive chairman, Reginald Mengi, who is also the chairman of the Confederation of Tanzania Industries (CTI) and Elvis Musiba, the chairman of Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) to exchange views on how to increase Palestinian investments in Tanzania,’’ the ambassador said.

He said: ’’We’re looking into the possibilities of forming a Tanzania-Palestinian council for education, development, training and investment,’’ he said.

He said the formation of the council is underway and the CTI chairman is scheduled to visit Palestine soon.

’’This council will be inaugurated jointly by President Kikwete and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas before the end of this year,’’ he said.

SOURCE: Guardian

Mzee Nyamgluu,

Heshima yako mzee, hawa watu sisi hatuwawezi hawa kwa sababu hatuna cha kuwapa zaidi ya maneno, wao wamezoea ku-deal na US na EU ambao ili kuwafanya wakubali wasiyotaka kwa faida ya amani yao huwa wanawatishia kuwapa au kutowapa hela za misaada,

Halafu ni wakorof8i hawa wote pande mbili, wasije wakatuletea mambo yao hapa bongo tukakosa amani, sisi bongo kwanza tumalizie ya kina Banyamulenge, hwa tuwaachie hao wakubwa wa West kwani wao ndio chanzo cha matatizo ya hawa jamaa!

Kweli kabisa hapa hawa jamaa wanataka kutupima pumzi zetu.
Tanzania imeingizwa ktk security council kwa sababu ya matatizo ya Afrika. Tunaheshimika na kila nchi inafahamu uwezo huo tunao kwa sababu tunafahamu asili ya ugonvi wa nchi za kiafrika.
Swala la Wapalestina watalishughulikia wenyewe kama tulivyofanya sisi huko South...

Mzee Es said:
Mzee Nyamgluu,

Heshima yako mzee, hawa watu sisi hatuwawezi hawa kwa sababu hatuna cha kuwapa zaidi ya maneno, wao wamezoea ku-deal na US na EU ambao ili kuwafanya wakubali wasiyotaka kwa faida ya amani yao huwa wanawatishia kuwapa au kutowapa hela za misaada,

Halafu ni wakorof8i hawa wote pande mbili, wasije wakatuletea mambo yao hapa bongo tukakosa amani, sisi bongo kwanza tumalizie ya kina Banyamulenge, hwa tuwaachie hao wakubwa wa West kwani wao ndio chanzo cha matatizo ya hawa jamaa!

Heshima yako pia Mzee Es, si tu kwamba hawa watu hatuwawezi, lakini kuna faida gani "directly" kwetu kwa kujihusisha mojo kwa moja na hili swala?
Ndio, ni ubindamu kutaka kuhakikisha utulivu na amani duniani, lakini kwa wakati huu serikali inabidi iweke maslahi ya watu wake kwanza kabla ya kufikira ya wengine na kujihusisha kwetu na hili swala kuwe pale tu ambapo patakua na faida kwetu mara 10 ya hasara tutakayoingia kwa kujipeleka kimbelembele.
Na mimi kwa sasa si oni kama kuna umuhimu wowote!

Kweli kabisa hapa hawa jamaa wanataka kutupima pumzi zetu.
Tanzania imeingizwa ktk security council kwa sababu ya matatizo ya Afrika. Tunaheshimika na kila nchi inafahamu uwezo huo tunao kwa sababu tunafahamu asili ya ugonvi wa nchi za kiafrika.
Swala la Wapalestina watalishughulikia wenyewe kama tulivyofanya sisi huko South...

Hahahahaaa
Nilikuwa sijasoma lol

Nimecheka sana leo mweee..kiingereza chenyewe kuongea hatuweZi sijui tuta mediate nini

Viherehere vya kujishughulisha na mambo ya watu vimetu cost sana huu ni muda wa ku deal na mambo yetu mengi mazito na yanayohitaji muda, akili na rasilimali nyingine kadhaa.

Haha nani atatusikiliza wakati Israel yenyewe walishasema sisi hatuna faida sa watawezaje kutusikiliza

wanamaanisha dhaifu akashughulikie migogoro ya middle east, au?, are they really that desperate?, au wanatakaaende kushangashangaa tu kule basi?

Back
Top Bottom