No they didn't! .. or did they?

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
Kwa namna hii, siwezi kushangaa!
Daily News

A TOTAL of 4,403,305,623.90/- (Four billions) in cash and stores was stolen from the government between 2002 and 2006, the National Assembly was told today. Deputy Minister for Finance Abdisalaam Issa Khatib said this when answering Ms Fatma Abdulhabib Fereji (House of Representatives – CCM).

The government has written off the stolen cash and stores on its books. (say whaaaaat) Ms Fereji wanted to know how much government money was swindled during the period and the value of stolen property and measures taken against the culprits.

The deputy minister said over 434.4m/- was stolen and embezzled during 2001/2002, while over 725.4m/- during the following year. In 2003/04 over 392.1m/- fell onto thieves, while 1.1bn/- was pocketed in 2004/05. Over 555.6m/- was again swindled in 2005/06.

Mama weeeeee.. uuuui... iiiiiii... aaaaaahahahah! (ndiyo ninavyolia)

In terms of stores, Mr Khatib said materials worth over 439.8m/- was lost or stolen in 2001/02, (Just say stolen!) while in the following year over 185.1m/- went down the drain. (talk about understatement) In 2003/2004 goods worth over 78.5m/- were stolen (was anybody looking?) , while in 2004/05 items worth over 323.1m/- fell into wrong hands (I'll bet you they were not the "wrong" hands). In the following financial year, the government recorded loss of materials worth over 135.4m/-. (yeah, loss my ass!)

"During the period under review, the government filed 321 cases involving 391.3m/- in court and secured conviction in 14 of them," he said. "Information available shows that it has been difficult for the government to recover the lost or stolen cash or property for various reasons," (I dare you to give me one!) he said.

He said the reasons included deaths of suspects and lack of enough evidence. (but somehow you knew 4.4 disappeared) In her supplementary question, Ms Sakaya wanted the government to abolish the system of writing off such debts as it encourages theft. However, the deputy minister said such system cannot be abolished abruptly because it was in line with the law. (the law that you made)

Mr Zitto Kabwe (Kigoma North-Chadema) who today entered in the House for the first time since he was suspended last year, asked the deputy minister if such debts involved special projects such as Import Support Programme. Mr Khatib said that the stolen or lost money and materials do not include those under special programmes or projects. (In other words, that is is just the tip of the iceberg)..

My Take:

Can they just write off the 133 Mil USD, ili tujue tu "zimepotea"?

....ha haha haha huo ni usanii tuu labda kama amount iliyoibiwa na kupotea ni 0.00001% ya actual figure or may be hiyo ni idara moja tuu ya serikali,wasanii sana hawa na siwaamini kwa chochote!

Mwanakijiji,

We acha tuu bwana. Maana tumeshakuwa Taifa lisilo na maadili tena. Wakubwa wanachota na kukwapua bila woga, wadogo nao wanaiga na mbaya zaidi kuna mtu kawadanganya Wakurya eti wakiua Zeruzeru, watafanikiwa!

It is solidifation of lawlessness, immorals and everyone thinks is imortal!

sasa hapa Nyerere angewasaidiaje jamani? Yaani kuna fedha zozote ambazo tunaweza kuzielezea kuwa zimetumika zote kama ilivyopangwa na zilizosalia kurudishwa kamili hazina..?

I'm disgusted, and i'm growing more by reading the article above!!

Nyani, ama kweli, waafrika ndivyo tulivyo!
What a shame!

Wahusika by over 90% wako hapa nyumbani. Sheria, mahakama, police, takururu, usalama wa taifa, bunge, rais, uzalendo wetu uko wapi?!!!!!!!

Kule Uingereza wamefanikisha kufanya extradition ya mtuhumiwa mmoja wa kijambazi wa mamilion ya pesa za kule (£53million), wamefanikiwa extradition kwa ushirikiana na nchi ya Morocco ambayo hawana treaty nayo, na wameshafanikiwa tayari kurudisha zaidi ya nusu ya hizo stolen money, sembuse sisi ambapo watuhumiwa wengiwao bado wako hapa nyumbani.... ina tia kinyaa kwa kweli.

SteveD.

Sijui nimesoma kwa haraka...did they say zimepoteaje?

Mimi nina mifano michache.
moja, ulaji wa hela zilizotengwa kwenye idara za serikali. Mafano kwa quarter moja idara inatengewa milioni 20. Kati ya hizo, wahasibu wanakula 8, bosi anakula 5. Hizo ni kwa cash. Bado wakienda kununua vifaa kuna mgawo.

Ziko fedha za mapato, say fines, katika jeshi la polisi. Mtu akiamua kutumia kitabu chake cha risiti fine zilizolipwa zinaishia kwake na walioshirikiana naye.
Zikilipwa mahakamani karani wa fedha naye anakunjia mfukoni.
Sijui TRA wanafanyaje lakini uzoefu unaonyesha wanaover, underestimate malipo ya ushuru kulingana na nani kalipa na kahudumiwa na nani.
This applies to all govt institutions.

Kuna makesi kibao ya wahasibu wa idara za serikali waliojichotea fedha, kamati ya fedha za serikali bunge iliwahi kuchachamalia, so far no single accused amefungwa..sijui hata kama hizo kesi huwa zinakwisha!

Malipo hewa! hapa kazi ipo. Mishahara kwa waliostaafu, waliokufa, walioacha kazi...

As correctly pointed out, this is just a tip of the iceberg

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom