Njooni tujifunze Kingereza kwa kuandika na kuongea

What does it mean when you say "last but not least...?" Thanks.
Do you know the meaning of the word 'less'? E.g. in the sentences
I received less payment last month.

I received lesser payment than you last month. I received the least in payment last month.

Can you tell the difference?

Do you know the meaning of the word 'less'? E.g. in the sentences
I received less payment last month.
I received lesser payment than you last month.
I received the least in payment last month.
Can you tell the difference?
You are right my friend, but the intention of the sentence "last but not least" is to just mentioning the last thing or person but giving the same weight or the same impotance as you have given to the former.

You are right my friend, but the intention of the sentence "last but not least" is to just mentioning the last thing or person but giving the same weight or the same impotance as you have given to the former.
I do understand, but my intention is for Niache Nteseke to know the root of the word, its meaning and to have a sense of the meaning in the context of the verse quoted.

Try to read books especially novels and also watch movies. That will help you to become more fluent in speaking English. Another thing to do is to try to be in an environment where you are constantly speaking and listening to English. That will also help in mastering the English language. Huo ndiyo mchango wangu.
Thank you so much for your contribution.

Try listening to native english speakers to know how to pronounce words properly. I would recommend a bbc podcast app. It is available as a free app on google play store.

Telegram public groups
@English_Language_IELTS_TOEFL

11 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom