Njaa mbaya: Kenyan athletes steal hotel duvets and towels in Congo

msemakweli

JF-Expert Member
Feb 20, 2014
Kenyan athletes stole the limelight for the wrong reasons at the just ended 11th All-Africa Games in Brazzaville, Congo, with reports that some athletes stole hotel duvets and towels and damaged property at the Safaricom Stadium, reported the Nairobian.

Gordon Oluoch, a senior official with the Kenyan team received a formal complaint from the hotel's management in Congo and said: "I have received reports that several Kenyans have left with duvets and towels from the games' village in Brazzaville. The manager of our block is compiling the list of the rooms affected and the people who were listed under those rooms".

"The Kenyan government is under obligation to pay for the things that are stolen. That is why I will remain behind after everybody has left here. It is unfortunate that our people are stealing things that they can afford, and that are available in Nairobi even in second hand shops. Some people who finished their business here chose to take with them Congolese property. It is a shame."

Kenyan athletes performed well at the games but the off-field shenanigans of the errant athletes puts a blemish on the team's achievements.

this is africa

Wasn't this writer sued by athletics federation jana for defamatory articles????

And do you know how much those athletes are paid to partake in such an event????

This pole earn more than 7mn$ each per year..... Mngesema hata watu wa skating lakini athletes????

The youngest pale anaweza buy the hotel iwe yake

This pple are paid sana

I never believe news from the nairobian paper,the minute i saw the name Nairobian i knew its a lie,but a single athletes can afford that hotel at whole leave alone towels those guys are seriously rich

Mheshimiwa, theft is not 'normal' please sir.
Ab-Titchaz, how dare u! Dont u have some respect for our heroes mkuu? It is wrong to call our great champions ''poor thieves'' and to describe their act of taking souvenirs from that hotel ''stealing''. The hotel management are known to be too mean to allow their visitors do that, even if they were wishing to pay for them.

You cant be that disrespectful to our heroes like that. All well meaning Kenyans should repudiate your above impertinent comment.

Now, sema ''pole''.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom