Nigeria: Wanajeshi kushtakiwa kwa Kuua raia 85 Kimakosa

Lady Whistledown

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2021
1,056
1,701
Wanajeshi Wawili wanatarajiwa kushtakiwa kufuatia shambulizi la anga lililosababisha vifo vya raia 85, Desemba 3, 2023 katika jimbo la Kaduna, Kaskazini-Magharibi mwa nchi hiyo

Shambulizi hilo linatajwa lilitokea wakati wa maadhimisho ya Kidini ambapo ndege ya Kijeshi isiyo na rubani iliyokuwa ikiwalenga magaidi na majambazi iliwashambulia raia 'kimakosa'

Jenerali Mkuu Edward Buba alisisitiza kwamba tukio hilo lilikuwa "kosa" na kusema Jeshi linachukua tahadhari ili kuhakikisha makosa hayo hayarudiwi

..........

Nigeria soldiers face trial for deadly air strike 'mistake'

President Bola Tinubu had ordered an investigation into the “bombing mishap”Image caption: President Bola Tinubu had ordered an investigation into the “bombing mishap”

Two Nigerian soldiers will face trial over a drone bombing that killed dozens of civilians last year in the north-western Kaduna state, the defence headquarters has said.

It said the soldiers will face “a court martial for acts of omission or commission with respect to the incident”, in which at least at least 85 civilians were killed.

The strike on 3 December happened during a Muslim religious celebration. The state governor then said the civilians were "mistakenly killed" by a military drone "targeting terrorists and bandits”.

President Bola Tinubu ordered an investigation into the “bombing mishap”.

On Thursday, a military spokesman said they had concluded a “painstaking investigation” and had initiated disciplinary action.

Maj Gen Edward Buba emphasised that the incident had been a “mistake”.

He said the military is taking precautions to ensure there are no such strikes on civilians in future

Source: BBC
 
Back
Top Bottom