Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority(NCAA): Mtu mwenye sifa za Principal Ecologist Tanzania ni mmoja tu na anatoka Ofisi ya RC wa Arusha

Kaziutumishi

JF-Expert Member
Aug 17, 2018
The world of work is full of unfairness. Those who have the advantage of better political/relative connections are the ones securing employment opportunities with best paying government institutions in Tanzania.

Over the years I have noticed that most people working for best paying government institutions like NCAA have some kind of political/relative connections.

Personally I would like to see some sort of survey done because NCAA recruitment process patronizes political/relative connections rather than merit system principles.

I believe majority of their personnel resulted from know-who connections and not merit-based employment decisions.

Again, I firmly believe that any simple survey about their recruitment process would conclusively establish that, unless you have some kind of political/relative connections, your prospects of being hired are slim to nonexistent.

I must admit, I'm a little bitter about this subject. Some years ago, I applied for a score of jobs with government conservation agencies in Tanzania.

Seldom did I even get an interview. I remember attending weird interviews that were obviously not pursuing any competency and it was pretty obvious from their approach.

The truth is I had made at least 50 different applications, and in spite of my very strong academic background, none of it did result in a job.

I’m reasonably aware of the facts that there are few job openings and probably a lot of applicants for each position, but whatever the case, it doesn't justify political/relative connections over merit system principles.

Since then I have worked for myself for the last ten years and a big part of it is that, now I'm the one doing the hiring thing.

My appeal, it is high time to start fighting for a merit-based society in Tanzania

Attachments

• NCAA.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 58
The world of work is full of unfairness. Those who have the advantage of better political/relative connections are the ones securing employment opportunities with best paying government institutions in Tanzania.

Over the years I have noticed that most people working for best paying government institutions like NCAA have some kind of political/relative connections.

Personally I would like to see some sort of survey done because NCAA recruitment process patronizes political/relative connections rather than merit system principles.

I believe majority of their personnel resulted from know-who connections and not merit-based employment decisions.

Again, I firmly believe that any simple survey about their recruitment process would conclusively establish that, unless you have some kind of political/relative connections, your prospects of being hired are slim to nonexistent.

I must admit, I'm a little bitter about this subject. Some years ago, I applied for a score of jobs with government conservation agencies in Tanzania.

Seldom did I even get an interview. I remember attending weird interviews that were obviously not pursuing any competency and it was pretty obvious from their approach.

The truth is I had made at least 50 different applications, and in spite of my very strong academic background, none of it did result in a job.

I’m reasonably aware of the facts that there are few job openings and probably a lot of applicants for each position, but whatever the case, it doesn't justify political/relative connections over merit system principles.

Since then I have worked for myself for the last ten years and a big part of it is that, now I'm the one doing the hiring thing.

My appeal, it is high time to start fighting for a merit-based society in Tanzania
Possible scenarios:
1. Aliomba mtu mmoja
2. Waliokuwa wanaqualify na wakaomba ni very few
3.Qualifications kwa hiyo nafasi zilikiwa juu sana (hence mtu mmoja kuitwa)
4. Kimaadili hata yeye asipofanya interview vizuri hapaswi kupewa hiyo kazi. Watalazimika kuitangaza upya

Upande mwingine nakubaliana na wewe kwamba it is weired kwa nchi nzima kwa jinsi ajira zilivyo ngumu awepo mtu mmoja tu anayequalify kwa hiyo nafasi hata kwa usaili tu.

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

connection power is more considered than expert/personal power.. and that is Tz of V-wonder..!!

Sent usingJamii Forums mobile app

What do you expect in a country where there is no "due diligence process" right from presidential appointments; the situation becomes very worse and tougher for the learned job seekers.
We have seen and it has become a norm now to find that most of the office bearers and employees ranking higher in government offices are naive, imbeciles, clueless and uneducated but privileged persons who got glorified to such positions as a result of technical know-who...
My take: self-employment is a safer and sustainable exit strategy for the learned persons.. haki ni stress free!

Possible scenarios:
1. Aliomba mtu mmoja
2. Waliokuwa wanaqualify na wakaomba ni very few
3.Qualifications kwa hiyo nafasi zilikiwa juu sana (hence mtu mmoja kuitwa)
4. Kimaadili hata yeye asipofanya interview vizuri hapaswi kupewa hiyo kazi. Watalazimika kuitangaza upya

Upande mwingine nakubaliana na wewe kwamba it is weired kwa nchi nzima kwa jinsi ajira zilivyo ngumu awepo mtu mmoja tu anayequalify kwa hiyo nafasi hata kwa usaili tu.

1. Not sure exactly how many people applied but know for sure more than 2 people applied for the position
2. Not sure criteria used for shortlisting but based on their job advertisement I'm aware of several qualified persons applied
3. As per advertisement, required qualifications were just standard
4. Checks and balance, 'who audit who' and finally the backstop with who? Hiyo ya maadili tuanze kuimba sasa kuwa 'Tz tunahitaji kujenga jamii inayozingatia merits'

What do you expect in a country where there is no "due diligence process" right from presidential appointments; the situation becomes very worse and tougher for the learned job seekers.
We have seen and it has become a norm now to find that most of the office bearers and employees ranking higher in government offices are naive, imbeciles, clueless and uneducated but privileged persons who got glorified to such positions as a result of technical know-who...
My take: self-employment is a safer and sustainable exit strategy for the learned persons.. haki ni stress free!
And when you hear failures of conservation initiatives in Tz, poaching and rapidly degrading environmental conditions, trust me, you might be tempted to think it's not related to incompetent persons involved in managing our conversation efforts

Tanzania hiyo nilijua itatokea.I decided not to apply for the 2 posts,because I knew it from the scratch that for such two post there were already two interns whom automatically I have seen their names yesterday. So guess what?.Like TPRI,friends if you are at street like us,don't apply for any post,,unless you want to die b4 your time.TBS,TFDA,GCLA,TRIDO offers their jobs to already internally recruited interns.A question remains,who and how recruitment of interns is done.The answer is very simple RELATEDNESS either relative, politically, economically motivated.kazinautumishi Pole sana

Watu wa kaskazini hao ndio maana unaona hata TRA au BOt wamejaa northerners.

Kuna Kinapa, sijui bado ipo pale ni northerners tupu.

Angalia CRDB, Swissport, angalia mpaka TBL ni watu wa kaskazini wamejaa. Thanks to new investor wa TBL amewapunguza kiasi watu wa kaskazini.

Wabinafsi Sana enyi watu wa kaskazini.

Angalau umepata suluhisho la usomi wako. Ukitegemea hizi ajira utabaki maskini the whole of your life

TPRI dogo hakwenda naona wamemuita tena NCCA ila huko ndio ukiritimba sidhani kama atatoboa...

Kwa nyepesinyepesi nimesikia kwa hiyo post kuna mtu tayari...

Kazi za mamlaka kuna kujuana kwingi sana...
Tanzania hiyo nilijua itatokea.I decided not to apply for the 2 posts,because I knew it from the scratch that for such two post there were already two interns whom automatically I have seen their names yesterday. So guess what?.Like TPRI,friends if you are at street like us,don't apply for any post,,unless you want to die b4 your time.TBS,TFDA,GCLA,TRIDO offers their jobs to already internally recruited interns.A question remains,who and how recruitment of interns is done.The answer is very simple RELATEDNESS either relative, politically, economically motivated.kazinautumishi Pole sana

1 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom