New twist in Zitto, Government battle for Ethics Bill

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
New twist in Zitto, Government battle for Ethics Bill

By Rodgers Luhwago
THE CITIZEN

Opposition MP Zitto Kabwe yesterday accused the Government of trying to plagiarise his Leadership Ethics Bill.

He said he had followed all the procedures required for a Bill to be tabled in Parliament, contrary to what the Government's claim.

''I call upon the Clerk of the National Assembly to gazette my Bill because there is no reason why it shouldn't be.

I followed all the procedures required by the Parliamentary Standing Orders there is nothing like consulting the Executive.''

Mr Kabwe's remarks came three days after the minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (Policy, Coordination and Parliamentary Affairs), Mr Philip Marmo, told The Citizen that the Chadema MP had erred as he should have gazetted the Bill before submitting it to the Parliamentary Secretariat for action.

Yesterday, Mr Marmo maintained that the Parliamentary Standing Orders requires an MP to gazette his Bill 21 days before the start of the parliamentary session.

''Some MPs do not fully understand these Standing Orders. You see, the Clerk of the National Assembly can not gazette a private member's Bill,''

Mr Marmo said by telephone.

He said the Clerk of the National Assembly's duty was to ensure that Bills are gazetted 21 days before the start of the session.

Private member's Bills were not exempted from that procedures, he said.

The minister explained that the Kigoma North MP had breached the procedures while processing his private member's Bill by including matters pertaining to employment and financing.

''The law does not allow an MP to come up with a private member's Bill on employment and financial matters of the state.''

However, the minister, who is also the Parliamentary Chief Whip, said given the fact that the Government was preparing to amend the same Act, Mr Zitto's Bill may not be presented in Parliament in September.

''A government task force is working on the President's directive to have the Public Leadership Ethics Act amended.

We hope the Bill on the subject will come to Parliament in September.

So, it will be illogical to have two Bills on the same matter. His will be nonstarter,'' said Mr Marmo.

However, he explained that if Mr Kabwe's Bill followed the procedures, ''some constructive ideas from it might be added to the Government'' one.

He called upon the public to submit ideas to the task force on how best to improve the legislation.

Early this year, President Jakaya Kikwete called for the amendment of the Act so that individuals holding public offices cannot also engage in private business.

Yesterday, Mr Kabwe maintained that his private member's Bill passed through all the required procedures.

''Minister Marmo argues that I did not follow procedures.

He is not telling the truth.

He is doing old-time politics which do not add value to our democratic development.

The procedures require an MP to submit the Bill to the Clerk of the National Assembly, and then the clerk sends the Bill for gazettement.

''An MP cannot gazette the Bill before submitting it to the Clerk of the National Assembly, as claimed by Mr Marmo.

The Standing Orders require the Clerk to gazette and not a member as Marmo wants the public to believe.''

Mr Kabwe said after he sent the Bill to the Clerk, the latter wrote him (Mr Kabwe), saying that the Speaker had asked for consultations with the Government.

He said he agreed to that since he understood that the Speaker did it in good faith to ensure the Government was properly informed about Bills proposed by MP.

''The Speaker did not ask for permission from the Government. Mr Marmo is implying that the Speaker asked for permission from the Executive.

I don't blame the Speaker for his wisdom.

I blame the Government, especially Mr Marmo for the mistrust and lies,''' he said.

He said consultations were meant by the Speaker to create harmony between the Executive and Legislature, adding that the former had abused the Speaker's goodwill.

Alaaah! sasa nimepata mwanga...
Kumbe inategemewa bill ya Kikwete itokee badala ya mtu kama Zitto maanake marekebisho kama hayo yatamwongezea popularity Kikwete..
Haya na huyo rais kai publish wazi sehemu gani?..ama ndio rais tena haihitaji siku hizo 21..
Wadanganyika watasema unaona JK kafanya kweli!

Zitto anaweza kumwaga hapa kitu aklichotaka kusema katika hiyo Bill na tuone na Serikali inataka mabadiliko yapi? CCM ya JK haiko serious na maisha ya watanzania wala kujiondoa katika rushwa .

Zitto anaweza kumwaga hapa kitu aklichotaka kusema katika hiyo Bill na tuone na Serikali inataka mabadiliko yapi? CCM ya JK haiko serious na maisha ya watanzania wala kujiondoa katika rushwa.

Lunyungu,

Zitto alisha uweka hapa muswada mzima wiki mbili zilizo pita. Nadhani ni Pundit peke yake alichangia na Zitto akasema atayafanyia kazi mapendekezo ya Pundit.

Ilikuwa ni nafasi yetu ya pekee ya kuwa Wabunge na kuandika sheria ya nchi yetu tuliyo pewa na Mheshimiwa Zitto.

Hii ndio siasa ya Tanzania

http://dailynews.habarileo.co.tz/home/index.php?id=4506

Hivi sasa kuna initiatives tatu 33, yangu (private member's Bill), Marmo (anasema kuna task force ya serikali) na Bunge (Spika kaagiza kamati ya Bunge ishughulikie). This is politics made in Tanzania.

Sote tuna lengo moja, lakini kila mmoja anataka aonekane nae kafanya. My bill is 14 months old! Siasa hizi ni lazima tuzimalize.

Hii ndio siasa ya Tanzania

http://dailynews.habarileo.co.tz/home/index.php?id=4506

Hivi sasa kuna initiatives tatu 33, yangu (private member's Bill), Marmo (anasema kuna task force ya serikali) na Bunge (Spika kaagiza kamati ya Bunge ishughulikie). This is politics made in Tanzania.

Sote tuna lengo moja, lakini kila mmoja anataka aonekane nae kafanya. My bill is 14 months old! Siasa hizi ni lazima tuzimalize.

Lazima wajionyeshe nao wanawajibika, miaka yote hii walikuwa wapi wakati ufisadi ukishamiri kila kona ya Tanzania ambao unafanywa na viongozi wa juu kabisa wa serikali. Sijui sheria za bunge zinasemaje kuhusu kushare bill yako na Watanzania, kama hakuna pingamizi basi tutashukuru ukiiweka hapa ukumbini.

Haya mapambano serikali wameshapoteza.... kubwa ni kwamba at this hour hawawezi kuafford kumpa umaarufu Zitto kwani mwaka jana wanajua walilolifanya. Lakini siasa ni mikakati.. na mikakati hupangwa..

So,

Haya mapambano serikali wameshapoteza.... kubwa ni kwamba at this hour hawawezi kuafford kumpa umaarufu Zitto kwani mwaka jana wanajua walilolifanya. Lakini siasa ni mikakati.. na mikakati hupangwa..

So,

so? so?

tupange............... nimeshaweka muswada hapa. Mwanakijiji uweke kama unao hapo maana mimi sipo na pc yangu. Nipo Hauston kama unavyojua.

so? so?

tupange............... nimeshaweka muswada hapa. Mwanakijiji uweke kama unao hapo maana mimi sipo na pc yangu. Nipo Hauston kama unavyojua.

mswada ulikuwepo kwenye ile mada nyingine ngoja nitafute.. sorry.. I had to take my nap

Waheshimiwa, document zote alizoweka Zitto wiki kama mbili zilizopita kuhusiana na mabadiliko ya sheria za maadili ya viongozi ni hizi hapa chini:

[media]http://www.habarinamatangazo.com/ConstitutionalAmendments.pdf[/media][media]http://www.habarinamatangazo.com/Zitto-PrivatemembersBill-codeofethics.pdf[/media]
Lunyungu,

Zitto alisha uweka hapa muswada mzima wiki mbili zilizo pita. Nadhani ni Pundit peke yake alichangia na Zitto akasema atayafanyia kazi mapendekezo ya Pundit.

Ilikuwa ni nafasi yetu ya pekee ya kuwa Wabunge na kuandika sheria ya nchi yetu tuliyo pewa na Mheshimiwa Zitto.
Kama alivyosema Lunyungu, review na mapendekezo ya Pundit kuhusiana na muswada huo yanapatikana hapa: 39

SteveD.

I think hii bill ni moja kati ya important bill katika lile bunge tangu lianzishwe huko 1960's. I know kwamba mswada huu utapata tabu sana kupita sababu unawabana sana vigogo wa CCM, na serikali inataka kutengeneza mswada wake utakaokuwa na loopholes ambazo Chenge na Lowassa and Rostam watazitumia.

I met Zitto over the weekend, i still consult you kupush hard hii bill ipite. Kuipitisha ni one stage that we need at this time. I know kwamba serikali wanataka kuiadopt kisha waiite jina walitakalo, lakini as long as wachukue yaliyomo ndani yake.

Ni muda umefika serikali kuanza kuheshimu kazi za watu, and they need to stop playing political cards.

Kwa kweli ukishakua nadani ya CCM lazima akili idumae,maanake watakulea katika mtindo wa Copy and paste.Hongera sana Mhe.Zitto

Huu ndio uozo wa CCm kurithi kila kitu ili ionekane nao ni vichwa.It is nonesense.Kwa mtindo huu taifa litaendelea kudumaa.Na mimi nadhani siku moja CCM wakijikuta ni opposition party,watakua the weakest opposition ever.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom