Nani a act part ya Miles Davis?

Pundit

JF-Expert Member
Feb 4, 2007
Kuna rafiki yangu mmoja yuko kwenye movie industry anafanyia kazi project ya kutoa sinema ya maisha ya Miles Davis, yule mwanamuziki maarufu wa Jazz wa Kimarekani.Originally aliniambia angependa Terence Howard acheze hiyo part, nikamwambia Terrence is too light skined to convincingly play Miles, akasema vipi Jamie , nikasema Jamie angekuwa perfect, what with his music / comedy background and his blockbuster achievement coupled with the name recognition, only negative is he already played Ray Charles in Ray and he will still have that "Ray effect" when playing Miles. Nikasema Don Cheadle anafanana naye kwa mbali halafu ana jina, lakini ikaonekana hawampendi.Nikasema Denzel wakasema ni mzee halafu ana maringo sana/ ni mgumu kufanya naye kazi (if true then he is a really good actor as he comes across very down to earth)

Unafikiri nani anafaa ku play Miles Davis? Inabidi wawe wanafanana halafu awe na jina kubwa.

miles%20davis%2046.jpg

GT mimi huyu ndiye niliyempendekeza, ila ma execs wenye ma moneybags and all hawamtaki, mara nyingine mtu anakuangalia uso wako tu na anakuwa hakupendi, inawezekana that is the case kwani kama name recognition jamaa anayo.

Au labda mambo mengine wanajua industry insiders wengine sisi hatujui.

GT mimi huyu ndiye niliyempendekeza, ila ma execs wenye ma moneybags and all hawamtaki, mara nyingine mtu anakuangalia uso wako tu na anakuwa hakupendi, inawezekana that is the case kwani kama name recognition jamaa anayo.

Au labda mambo mengine wanajua industry insiders wengine sisi hatujui.

Pundit, on a flip side are you a jazz fan? I am a self confessed jazz music addict. Fav being Miles as at my avatar and followed by Coltrane by far. Abdullah Ibrahim is also one of my old time greats

I am not fond of the contemporary or any the the rubbish they call smooth jazz or Dina (Dinner) Jazz

Pundit, on a flip side are you a jazz fan? I am a self confessed jazz music addict. Fav being Miles as at my avatar and followed by Coltrane by far. Abdullah Ibrahim is also one of my old time greats

I am not fond of the contemporary or any the the rubbish they call smooth jazz or Dina (Dinner) Jazz

Hahahaha,

Some Marsalis, some Benson, some "Wise One" some Washington and of course you gotta get Miles ahead of them all.

Hahahaha,

Some Marsalis, some Benson, some "Wise One" some Washington and of course you gotta get Miles ahead of them all.

So who was/is your favorite artist and which album could you not live without? Do you think the Marsalis have been good or bad for jazz?

I think that jazz for some time has been diversifying and adapting to different cultures around the globe, and that includes British and European jazz. If you look back to the 60s and 70s, most British/European jazz was just a lesser imitation of American jazz. There were some fine musicians playing, but they weren't saying anything that hadn't been already said, better, by somebody else. Even a fine musician like Stan Tracey (and Sonny Rollins was still paying tribute to him last year) just sounds like someone who really likes Monk and Ellington but doesn't have anything to add to what they said.

But around the world over the last 20 or 30 years, jazz has been taking on the attributes of the various cultures where it has been played, and musicians have been stepping out of the American shadow to say something new and original. In South Africa, Abdullah Ibrahim and others have been using distinctively African melodies and rhythms. In the UK, Courtney Pine has been incorporating the soul and reggae which were part of his musical upbringing, and Soweto Kinch has been bringing in hip-hop and rap. So also in Eastern Europe and Scandinavia, where improvising musicians are drawing upon their own musical roots to make music which hasn't been heard before.

Also, I recently saw saw Jan Garbarek live in Prague, Czech republic and would advise people to swim through crocodile infested lakes and run across minefields to catch him on his current tour, as he is absolutely on fire, and so is his band, even if (sadly) it no longer features Eberhard Weber. That man can do more with one note than most can do with 1000!

And speaking of Miles..well I could go on til morning...........

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom