**Nairobi City Gallery**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnairobi

JF-Expert Member
Oct 27, 2007
Let me just say i expect some people to post ugly pics of slums here,,,, this is to show the positive side of our cities and by the way slums cover less than 5% of the total land area of nairobi

Feel free to start other threads for other East aaaAfrican Cities

43091864_ac556307d8_b.jpg

55160621_c0223837d5_o.jpg

large-msg-1115301742-2.jpg

large-msg-1115300045-2.jpg
large-msg-1115299534-2.jpg

55160634_036f03ea44_o.jpg

36324622.jpg

25332616.jpg

25332610.jpg

33208845.jpg

34753599.jpg

pict0156a7cp.jpg

24564784_bb9e80e1ed_b.jpg

83898869_d385d56d18_o.jpg

2.jpg

14268752_4e7799caa2_b.jpg

86491605_cc428484d0_o.jpg

Nairobi-20020114d.jpg

vee009.jpg

91602069_d9b8e18f6a_b.jpg

94099169_aaddbb5791_o.jpg

83899190_979cb49128_o.jpg

Wow! Those are very beautiful pictures of your city Mnairobi. Can you post of other cities like Mombasa or Kisumu?

Mnairobi pokea 5!
It is high time in African continent to see life positively! Angalau hizi picha zimeweka mizania- na kuonyesha the other side of coin. Actually I am fed up with tendencies of portraying African continent negatively always!
Hata kama hii infrastructure of Nairobi may not benefit a common man directly- the Pics depicts a positive image of our continent!
Keep the spirit Mnairobi!

AKI God ni waa ajabu sana

Akisay atakupa blessings, maze akuna atakaye katizia

coz yeye ni wamablessings mob!

Akisay atakupa mtoi,

akuna atakaye katizia coz yeye ni wa mablessings Akisay atakupa wife au
dem wa nguvu,

akuna atakaye katizia coz yeye ni wa mablessings

Akisay atakupa chali au hazii,

akuna atakaye katizia coz yeye ni wa maBlessings

Akisay atakupa dinga,ata kama hauna bike -hakuna atakaye katizia coz
yeye atasema zi kamu tu

Akisay atakupa Gheto ya nguvu

akuna atakaye katizia coz yeye ni wa mi pango poa

Akisay atakupa PEACE
akuna atakaye katizia coz yeye ni wa hiyo

SO NATAKA USENDIE MABESTE WA KWAKO UWASHOW VILE GOD NI MPOA SANA NA
ANAPEANA KWA NEEMA (maze usifail , vitu vya SirGody lazima zieneee)
poa kwa kumpenda Mbuyu wa Heaven

"so akisema amesema and there is no doubt about that.

Mnairobi big 5
Kenya mmeweza kuitunza Nairobi vizuri, sisi hapa Dar tuna kazi kubwa ya kufikia hatua ya Nairobi, labda decades chache zijazo

Mnairobi nimependa sana hizo picha,maana media za huku mamtoni
huwa wanaonyesha misitu,mapori,na nyumba za makuti,mambo mazuri ya afrika huwa hawayaonyeshi.Binafsi huwa nikija likizo home bongo,mara nyingi huwa naenda Nairobi kupumzika,gf wangu kwao ni Nairobi.Kazi nzuri Mnairobi,tupe picha zingine,.
Tupeni picha zingine za miji ya east afrika,nadhani zipo nyingi nzuri tu,ila tusisahau maendeleo sio kuwa na majumba makubwa mazuri katika miji michache,hapo ndipo wazungu wanatupiga bao.

Nairobi is most violent city in Africa, says report.

PHILIP NGUNJIRI Special Correspondent said:

Nairobi holds the dubious distinction of having the highest rate of violence associated with armed robbery in Africa, because of the proliferation of small arms from war-torn Somalia. In 2006, the Kenyan capital was placed ahead of Mozambican cities, which endured years of civil war and the Republic of Congo (DRC), which is still facing rebellion.

A new report with the shocking details was issued last week and is titled: More Slums Equals More Violence: Reviewing Armed Violence and Urbanisation in Africa. It states that Africa ranks high in comparison to other regions on reported rates of urban armed violence.

The situation in Nairobi is, however, informed by the fact that Kenya has over the years hosted the largest number of refugees from Somalia, which has not had a central government since the ouster of the late dictator Mohammed Siad Barre in 1991. The warlords who overthrew the Somalia government turned on each other, leading to the crisis that the war-torn country is still facing. This has led Kenya, which shares a long porous border with Somalia, to suffer one of the worst cases of insecurity with crimes involving the use of firearms proving to be a headache to the authorities. As a result, Nairobi has been at the forefront of efforts to mop up and destroy the arms.
Indeed, the Small Arms Secretariat is based in the Kenyan capital.

The report — a joint effort by the governments of Kenya, Switzerland and the United Nations Development Programme — will be the subject of discussion during an Africa regional meeting on armed violence and development in Nairobi this week. Along with other reports on different regions of the world, it will constitute annexes to the Geneva Declaration on Armed Violence and Development. The Geneva Declaration recognises that the fight against the global scourge of armed violence and the prospects for sustainable development are closely linked.

It therefore calls for efforts to integrate armed violence reduction and conflict prevention programmes into national, regional and multilateral development frameworks and strategies.
The report explores some of the links between urbanisation and armed violence in African context, examining the nature and impact of particular aspects of armed violence such as gun-related crimes and the emergence of criminal gang activity and vigilantism. It also considers possible approaches to reduce urban armed violence, drawing on lessons learned in other regions.

Successive Crime and Victim Surveys undertaken in more than 75 cities between the early 1990s and 2005, revealed that both Latin America and Africa experience the highest rates of robbery and assault. About 13 per cent of all robberies and 9 per cent of assaults are committed with firearms in Africa.
The highest victimisation rates associated with armed robbery in Africa in 2006 were reported in Nairobi (37 per cent), in specific Mozambican cities (27 per cent) and the Republic of Congo (21 per cent).

Large-scale, rapid and unregulated urbanisation has been associated with increased rates of violent crime. The inability of government institutions to keep up with such demographic growth has undermined public safety perception, which in turn complicates the provision of security and justice to citizens. This in turn has led to the growth of predatory gangs, self-defense groups and so-called vigilantes. A characteristic of gang and vigilante violence is that it is responsive to the quality and quantity of public security.

It appears that armed violence is not only aggravated by weak and unprofessional police services but also by their explicit involvement in organised and unorganised criminality. There are many examples of how the formal security sector engages in and perpetrates criminal violence. Examples tend to be anecdotal: Police personnel from Ghana and Nairobi are repeatedly accused of collaborating with criminals, often lending or leasing their own arms and clothing, enabling what are often referred to as “pobbers” (police-robbers). In Nigeria, a number of soldiers and police officers have been sentenced to death for armed robbery.

Ultimately, any collaboration between formal security and criminal entities — even the perception of collusion — tends to weaken public confidence in the State.

Well huo ukoma ndio ulikuwa unatokea siku za mwanzo Arusha na Moshi itabidi jitihada zinazofanyika hivi sasa ziimarishwe ili huu ukoma ubaki huko huko ulikotoka.

There has been talk in this blog that Kenya has been advertising Mt Kilimanjaro as though it is in Kenya.......
Ernest Mpinganjira asked a question and no Tanzanian has answered it to this date. i.e. When and where did Kenya advertise Kilimanjaro as its own?
I raise this issue again because i want to hold my government to account!!!That is the sort of corruption that i would want to gladly pick up at the highest level, even writitng to my own President to explain. My reason and logic is very simple: why is the Kenyan Government wasting public funds to advertise Kilimanjaro when they know very well that there is no economic benefit whatsover to the country? I mean, when Kenya advertises this mountain as its own, the economic benefit goes to TZ and not Kenya because sooner the climbers will be enticed to climb this mountain in TZ of course, and any income therefrom will go the TZ coffers. So how is Kenya benefiting here?
Urgently post the evidence on this blog and i will download it immediately, and forward it to State House, Government ministries et. all.and will demand an answer. It will really be a big issue here in Kenya!!!! Do so now.

There has been talk in this blog that Kenya has been advertising Mt Kilimanjaro as though it is in Kenya.......
Ernest Mpinganjira asked a question and no Tanzanian has answered it to this date. i.e. When and where did Kenya advertise Kilimanjaro as its own?
I raise this issue again because i want to hold my government to account!!!That is the sort of corruption that i would want to gladly pick up at the highest level, even writitng to my own President to explain. My reason and logic is very simple: why is the Kenyan Government wasting public funds to advertise Kilimanjaro when they know very well that there is no economic benefit whatsover to the country? I mean, when Kenya advertises this mountain as its own, the economic benefit goes to TZ and not Kenya because sooner the climbers will be enticed to climb this mountain in TZ of course, and any income therefrom will go the TZ coffers. So how is Kenya benefiting here?
Urgently post the evidence on this blog and i will download it immediately, and forward it to State House, Government ministries et. all.and will demand an answer. It will really be a big issue here in Kenya!!!! Do so now.

Remind us when that talk happened in terms of Kenya adverts etc. you seem to be content on the subject after a long time passed I presume, it might be that you are touched or otherwise. There've been a lot of topics scattered all over this place, it would be beneficial to all of us if you can quote the culprit and he might devulge his sources.

Not that, but we talk about this...[media]http://bp3.blogger.com/_HO8ijU76ZcQ/RrXtoFkQlSI/AAAAAAAAFYQ/kTEwhdp67_g/s1600-h/n3.JPG[/media]

[media]http://issamichuzi.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.html[/media]

Status
Not open for further replies.
0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom