My take on the just ended General Election in Tanzania

KITEKSORO

JF-Expert Member
Sep 25, 2012
Ab initial, we all expected that CCM, given its incumbency advantage and the perfomance of the current President would win the election. We all expected that President Magufuli would win the presidential post. We also expected that CCM would win the majority of parliamentary seats.

However, statistically, a normal distribution or even a relatively normally skewed distribution curve was expected.

I think there are some issues which must be looked at and explored seriously. For istance, it goes without saying that ballot papers, NEC stamps and any other items related with an election are almost sacred and very very confidential. Under normal circumstances we do not expect such confidential items to be in the hands of ordinary people ( those who are not NEC officials).

To the contrary, this seems to have happened (assuming what is trending in the social media is correct). If for sure what we are seing in the social media really happened, something must be done by the relevant authorities to restore our credibility before the national and international community.

Even if the ballot papers seen in ordinary people's bags were fake, the relevant authorities must find out who dublicated such confidential papers and take them to task so as to send a messege to all other people that those items are highly confidential and should not at all be in their hands.

In the meantime let us pray for peace and let us concentrate on development activities.

'Maendeleo ya mtu mmoja mmoja ni maendeleo ya nchi'. Hivyo tufanye kazi kila mtu kwa nafasi yake. Mengine tumwachie Mungu.

I concur on paragraph one and two. The outcome would be pretty much the same either way.
Keep the fight for another day, I mean another election and be smart next time around.
Now its time to care for Pocket book issues.
Peace Matters.

Nchi ya wizi wa kila aina, bila ya haya mpaka haki za wananchi zinazibwa.
Mitihani inaibwa, maliasili inaibwa, mapato ya nchi yanaibwa, ajira inaibwa.
Uzao gani utakaokuwa na nidhamu?

Back
Top Bottom