Museveni admits again using witchcraft in bush

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
Charles Mwanguhya
Munyonyo

President Museveni surprised delegates attending the Smart Partnership Dialogue at Munyonyo yesterday when he confessed that he was convinced to use witchcraft during the 1981-86 bush war that brought him to power.

Mr Museveni said traditionalists convinced him to use witchcraft which he reluctantly accepted.
"When I was in the bush, I even dealt with our traditional religions," the President said. "They cut the throat of a chicken and told me to jump over it three times. They thought it was very important to appease the ancestors to bless our struggle. They said now even if you go with only one gun you will be able to capture Kampala."

Speaking during the second reverse dialogue session where journalists and presidents swapped roles with the latter fielding questions and journalists providing the answers, Mr Museveni criticised the media for serving a political agenda, being dishonest and failing to listen to the other side.

Mr Museveni said: "It is a fact that both foreign and local media tend to have a political programme and to push that programme, they give negative coverage to the person they don't like. I have never worked in the media because I have more important things to do. I look after cows, that's how I feed my family and contribute to the wealth of the country. When I am not doing that I pick a gun and chase away people who want to make disturbances."

He was reacting to challenges raised against the government's treatment of the media as the Fourth Estate and its internal communication mechanisms.
A similar session was held on Monday. In yesterday's session, Mr Museveni attacked what he called, "very low calibre of journalism with a lot of dishonesty."
He accused the foreign media of executing their agenda with an "element of racism."

Veteran journalist, now turned publisher, James Tumusiime told the presidents that the challenges facing the media are not different from those of the rest of the society just as the practitioners are selected from the same society.

Last edited:
Charles Mwanguhya
Munyonyo

President Museveni surprised delegates attending the Smart Partnership Dialogue at Munyonyo yesterday when he confessed that he was convinced to use witchcraft during the 1981-86 bush war that brought him to power.

Mr Museveni said traditionalists convinced him to use witchcraft which he reluctantly accepted.
“When I was in the bush, I even dealt with our traditional religions,” the President said. “They cut the throat of a chicken and told me to jump over it three times. They thought it was very important to appease the ancestors to bless our struggle. They said now even if you go with only one gun you will be able to capture Kampala.”

Speaking during the second reverse dialogue session where journalists and presidents swapped roles with the latter fielding questions and journalists providing the answers, Mr Museveni criticised the media for serving a political agenda, being dishonest and failing to listen to the other side.

Mr Museveni said: “It is a fact that both foreign and local media tend to have a political programme and to push that programme, they give negative coverage to the person they don’t like. I have never worked in the media because I have more important things to do. I look after cows, that’s how I feed my family and contribute to the wealth of the country. When I am not doing that I pick a gun and chase away people who want to make disturbances.”

He was reacting to challenges raised against the government’s treatment of the media as the Fourth Estate and its internal communication mechanisms.
A similar session was held on Monday. In yesterday’s session, Mr Museveni attacked what he called, “very low calibre of journalism with a lot of dishonesty.”
He accused the foreign media of executing their agenda with an “element of racism.”

Veteran journalist, now turned publisher, James Tumusiime told the presidents that the challenges facing the media are not different from those of the rest of the society just as the practitioners are selected from the same society.

crazy Kaguta!

That's not news! Every African uses witchcraft, it motivates soccer players, gives false protection to war soldiers and gives employment to witchdoctors. Who in Tanzania will rise his hand and say: It's all rubish! Kaguta was being truthul. Long live M7, what if that magic had failed, he could not be in power and Uganda would not be prosperous.

That's not news! Every African uses witchcraft, it motivates soccer players, gives false protection to war soldiers and gives employment to witchdoctors. Who in Tanzania will rise his hand and say: It's all rubish! Kaguta was being truthul. Long live M7, what if that magic had failed, he could not be in power and Uganda would not be prosperous.

Sure this is not surprising in Africa though is mnot something to entertain. I remember Maji maji War had similar belief. Similarly, during Tanzania struggle to independence, there were some traditional belief acts.

Mshirikina!!! the devils advocate.

El diablo is our neighbour, ndo mana anang'ang'ania Migingo.

The wizard of Bushenyi

Hasty generalization. I don't use witchcraft! What do you say about that?

Beliefs are always there from society to society, even those in Rome they are following their traditions and here in Africa we think as development as it was brought by them..Norms and Customs are in every society. what retarded Africa is neglecting our norms and customs....

Beliefs are always there from society to society, even those in Rome they are following their traditions and here in Africa we think as development as it was brought by them..Norms and Customs are in every society. what retarded Africa is neglecting our norms and customs....

So it is safe to presume that you support mutilation of female genitals because it is our "norms and customs"? Kuna mila za kufuata na kuna mila za kuacha once you know better. Hata hao wa Rome they don't follow all the traditions they used to have.

Back
Top Bottom