Muhoozi (son), Saleh (brother) are patriots-Museveni

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
Written by Shifa Mwesigye
muhoozi.jpg
PATRIOT: Lt. Col Muhoozi (L) and former CMI boss Leo Kyanda

Muhoozi where he is on merit - Museveni

President Yoweri Museveni has reacted angrily to suggestions that his son, Lieutenant Colonel Muhoozi Kainerugaba’s position in the Army is a result of nepotism on his part. In a May 14 letter to the People’s Progressive Party (PPP) President, Jaberi Bidandi Ssali, Museveni said Muhoozi is a patriot who is sacrificing his life for Uganda just as his young brother, General Salim Saleh, did.

The President said the two should be saluted, not ridiculed.
“…I have nothing but happiness for my son to offer his life in the service of the Army as my young brother, Saleh, did. Uganda is where it is because of such Patriots,” he wrote.
Museveni was responding to an earlier letter from Bidandi Ssali alleging nepotism on the part of the President. Bidandi had cited Museveni’s relatives and friends taking over the governance of the country.
In his letter to Museveni that was also copied to the Prime Minister, Apolo Nsibambi, and the Speaker of Parliament, Edward Ssekandi, Bidandi asked, “What does nepotism mean to you? What do you feel when its ugly face and consequences are attributed to your leadership?”

Besides Muhoozi, currently Commander of Special Forces in the Army, and Salim Saleh, a general and former minister, President Museveni’s wife, Janet, is Minister for Karamoja. Museveni told Bidandi in his reply that those concerned about his son serving in the Army should instead focus their energy on discussing the sacrifices Muhoozi is making in the interest of Uganda.

I like the way Museveni sees and interpret things. Instead of defending his son or his appointment, he is defending Uganda to have the services of his sons and other relatives.

Back
Top Bottom