Mtakatifu Thomas More alikua Mshauri katika Baraza la Mfalme Henry VIII aliuawa kwa kutetea Imani yake ya Kikatoliki

On 6 July 1535 , Thomas More was led from the Bell Tower up to the scaffold on Tower Hill. He appeared calm and in good humour, and even share a joke with the officer who assisted him onto the scaffold:
‘ I pray you, master Lieutenant, see me safe up, and for my coming down let me shift for myself’
View attachment 1782297
Thomas More alikua Mwanasheria kitaaluma, hakukubalina na Kitendo cha Mfalme Henry kuachana na Kanisa Katoliki na kujitenga na Pope na Vatican. Alisimamia msimamo wake na Mfalme Henry aliamua auwawe.
Sky...
Inabidi ujue pia historia ya Thomas Cromwell na halikadhalika Thomas Becket.

Hivi utaelewa misuguano iliyokuwapo kati ya Kanisa na Wafalme wa Uingereza.

Sky...
Inabidi ujue pia historia ya Thomas Cromwell na halikadhalika Thomas Becket.

Hivi utaelewa misuguano iliyokuwapo kati ya Kanisa na Wafalme wa Uingereza.
The publication of Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall in 2009 transformed Thomas Cromwell's reputation from a scheming, ruthless villain of history into a loyal, humorous and streetwise hero. In real life, Cromwell enjoyed a spectacular rise from the son of a Putney blacksmith to the chief minister of Henry VIII.
A man of exceptional ability and with an enormous capacity for hard work, Cromwell dominated England's political and religious life for a decade. He ruthlessly dispatched those who stood against him and his royal master, notably his rival Thomas More and Henry’s notorious second wife Anne Boleyn.
His downfall came after he arranged Henry’s short-lived marriage to Anne of Cleves. He was imprisoned at the Tower of London before his execution in 1540.
Image: Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex after Hans Holbein the Younger. © National Portrait Gallery, London

Humble beginnings​

The man who would one day become the most powerful in England was of such humble origins that nobody can be sure when or where he was born.
The likeliest date for his birth is 1485, which would be appropriate, given it was the year the Tudors seized the throne.

Asante sana mzee, sasa ninapata picha kamili

Back
Top Bottom