Elections 2010 MPs (Rita Mlaki & Anna Abdalah) spit fire on claims by Tango

Rufiji

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
CCM special seat members of parliaments through non-governmental organizations have asked the Tanzania Association of non-governmental organizations (Tango) to keep quiet as it does not know the procedures of picking representatives for parliament.

Reacting to the issue yesterday MPs for the position, Rita Mlaki and Anna Abdallah said they did not understand what Tango was fighting for.

Tango claimed that it was not involved in picking the two special seat MPs, said to represent NGOs in parliament.

In a telephone interview with this paper yesterday, Mlaki (MP) rubbished the Tango objections, advising Tango to ‘shut up' and if not, join CCM to be picked to represent NGOs.

"I was selected by CCM women wing (UWT) and CCM under the category of NGOs and those who claim that they do not recognise me, should register themselves with the party and it's women wing to be picked in other nominations," shouted Rita.

She further said that CCM women wing felt the need for women NGOs to have someone to represent and speak for them and decided to establish the category. The nominees were supposed to be members of CCM women wing and the party," she added.

"This procedures does not include all NGOs; only those dealing with women's welfare and are registered," she said.

Mlaki said those who claimed that they were not involved should know the procedures before making any complaints which are unnecessary.

"CCM women wing chairperson and her team travelled all over the country encouraging women to apply for the post, but only seven aspirants came forward," she explained adding: "The nominee must be an active member of CCM women wing and CCM with a good history."

Mlaki stressed that she was planning to knock at Tango and the Tanzania Media Women Association (Tamwa) offices for a chat with them, to listen to what they have in mind for her to present them in parliament.

"But these allegations have disappointed me," she said.

Rita said that her own NGO knowns as Neema Education Development Trust which owns a school and a fund which supports girl's education gave her a chance to represent NGOs in Parliament.

For her part, Anna Abdallah, dismissed Tango complaints as misplaced.

"I was chosen by CCM NGOs. To which party do their NGOs belong?" asked Anna Abdallah.

"I am a UWT and CCM member and I was selected on the UWT platform to represent NGOs. I don't understand where those allegations came from," she said.

Tango Policy and Advocacy officer, Ngunga Tepani alleged that as an apex body of NGOs, it was not involved in the selection of the two MPs, claiming he did not understand which NGOs the two CCM special seats MPs represented.

"We are not informed of the process of getting special seats candidates from NGOs, which are members of Tango. Maybe they were picked from NGOs owned by the ruling party," said Tepani, adding:

"In short, we don't recognise them (Rita Mlaki and Anna Abdallah) because they were nominated without involving the NGOs."

Meanwhile former Chama Cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo (Chadema) chairperson for women council, Leticia Ghati Musori has defected to the NCCR-Mageuzi, claiming that her former party leaders did not work out a fair system of picking candidates for the women special seats. She blamed the party's top leaders for distorting the whole democratic process of getting the candidates in the party.

CCM special seat members of parliaments through non-governmental organizations have asked the Tanzania Association of non-governmental organizations (Tango) to keep quiet as it does not know the procedures of picking representatives for parliament.

Reacting to the issue yesterday MPs for the position, Rita Mlaki and Anna Abdallah said they did not understand what Tango was fighting for.

Tango claimed that it was not involved in picking the two special seat MPs, said to represent NGOs in parliament.

In a telephone interview with this paper yesterday, Mlaki (MP) rubbished the Tango objections, advising Tango to ‘shut up' and if not, join CCM to be picked to represent NGOs.

"I was selected by CCM women wing (UWT) and CCM under the category of NGOs and those who claim that they do not recognise me, should register themselves with the party and it's women wing to be picked in other nominations," shouted Rita.

She further said that CCM women wing felt the need for women NGOs to have someone to represent and speak for them and decided to establish the category. The nominees were supposed to be members of CCM women wing and the party," she added.

"This procedures does not include all NGOs; only those dealing with women's welfare and are registered," she said.

Mlaki said those who claimed that they were not involved should know the procedures before making any complaints which are unnecessary.

"CCM women wing chairperson and her team travelled all over the country encouraging women to apply for the post, but only seven aspirants came forward," she explained adding: "The nominee must be an active member of CCM women wing and CCM with a good history."

Mlaki stressed that she was planning to knock at Tango and the Tanzania Media Women Association (Tamwa) offices for a chat with them, to listen to what they have in mind for her to present them in parliament.

"But these allegations have disappointed me," she said.

Rita said that her own NGO knowns as Neema Education Development Trust which owns a school and a fund which supports girl's education gave her a chance to represent NGOs in Parliament.

For her part, Anna Abdallah, dismissed Tango complaints as misplaced.

"I was chosen by CCM NGOs. To which party do their NGOs belong?" asked Anna Abdallah.

"I am a UWT and CCM member and I was selected on the UWT platform to represent NGOs. I don't understand where those allegations came from," she said.

Tango Policy and Advocacy officer, Ngunga Tepani alleged that as an apex body of NGOs, it was not involved in the selection of the two MPs, claiming he did not understand which NGOs the two CCM special seats MPs represented.

"We are not informed of the process of getting special seats candidates from NGOs, which are members of Tango. Maybe they were picked from NGOs owned by the ruling party," said Tepani, adding:

"In short, we don't recognise them (Rita Mlaki and Anna Abdallah) because they were nominated without involving the NGOs."

Meanwhile former Chama Cha Demokrasia na Maendeleo (Chadema) chairperson for women council, Leticia Ghati Musori has defected to the NCCR-Mageuzi, claiming that her former party leaders did not work out a fair system of picking candidates for the women special seats. She blamed the party's top leaders for distorting the whole democratic process of getting the candidates in the party.

Source: The Guardian

hii mimama mijizi..NGOs zipi zilizowapitisha kuwa MPs ?? CCM bana

hivi huyu mama ana akili kweli?eti NGO yake ndo imempendekeza agombee ubunge?????

hivi huyu mama ana akili kweli?eti NGO yake ndo imempendekeza agombee ubunge?????

Mama amepinda huyu!

“I was selected by CCM women wing (UWT) and CCM under the category of NGOs and those who claim that they do not recognise me, should register themselves with the party and it’s women wing to be picked in other nominations,” shouted Rita.

She further said that CCM women wing felt the need for women NGOs to have someone to represent and speak for them and decided to establish the category. The nominees were supposed to be members of CCM women wing and the party,” she added.

For her part, Anna Abdallah, dismissed Tango complaints as misplaced. “I was chosen by CCM NGOs. To which party do their NGOs belong?” asked Anna Abdallah.

“I am a UWT and CCM member and I was selected on the UWT platform to represent NGOs. I don’t understand where those allegations came from,” she said.

That one leaves me speechless!

UWT decides to have CCM's Women's NGO being represented and here we go - Anna and Rita are in the house via backdoor!

I thought Anna and Rita were representing ALL NGOs operating in the country at fist place, kumbe it is a completely different representation.

How many Women's NGO are registered as CCM's entities?

A petition to abolish speacial seats should be started via the people as this is eating away their country's resources to benefit a few. Huyu Rita si abaki na shule yake aendelee kuimanage atuachie nchi yetu?

Hizi special seats ni wizi wa mchana kweupe, after all kama kweli tunataka equility kwa nini hizi ziwe kwa ajiri ya wanawake tu? Shuleni wote tunapata fursa sawa kama hawawezi kuwashawishi wapiga kura kwa sera wawapishe wanaoweza wawakilishe siyo kutuingizia gharama zisizostahili

That one leaves me speechless!

UWT decides to have CCM's Women's NGO being represented and here we go - Anna and Rita are in the house via backdoor!

I thought Anna and Rita were representing ALL NGOs operating in the country at fist place, kumbe it is a completely different representation.

How many Women's NGO are registered as CCM's entities?

What we see through CCM women wing is just a collection of crooks that utilize their positions to grab the wellness of this nation (pretending to represent women and through NGO's), while swindling the rights, the funds, collecting opportunities and cash for their own selfishness, while no representation is really done from them, but rather than they do on their own interests. And this is just easy because they are favored and safeguarded by this corrupt system around them! Ooh God, come down, and do something on these in-passionate sect.

Shame on these ******!

dawa ni kufuta viti maalum tu!

Well said bro, hii ni moja kati ya kero kibao za Uchaguzi.

Kwa hiyo Rita anawakilisha Shule yake na "Askofu" Rwakatare (asiyechanganya dini na siasa) anawakilisha kanisa lake! Uwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Tunahitaji Katiba mpya sasa!!

Hivi hii mimama haina hata aibu toka lini CCm ikawa na NGO, Na uzee wote wanaogopa kwend a majimbo!! griiii!

Kwa hiyo Rita anawakilisha Shule yake na "Askofu" Rwakatare (asiyechanganya dini na siasa) anawakilisha kanisa lake! Uwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Tunahitaji Katiba mpya sasa!!

Inatia hasira shule imekuwa NGO!?

Kumbe wanawakilisha NGOS zao ama kweli Tz twaliwa.
Kuna haja ya kupiga marufuku special seats kwa kweli

Hii inji ina mazingaombwe sijawahi ona kwa kweli. Kwanza who the hell is mlaki mbona watu wengine wanakosa kuwa na haya?? Wewe rita heshima yako inashuka siku hata siku. Hivi mnafikiri miaka mitano ni sawa na miaka 50 mtashangaa. Huu uzee unawaingia vibaya sana. Ujinga mtupu.

This is BS of a century. CCM ni kundi la watu wasiojali kuongoza nchi bali wanajali kujinufaisha tu. Kwa bahati mbaya ni sisi watanzania wenyewe tunaowapa hizo nafasi.

TANGO MSISONONEKE SANA KWA HIZO JEURI NA KEJELI: IKO SIKU

TANGO, poleni sana katika hili!! Mlichouliva iko ndani ya WAJIBU WENU kabisa kama ASASI YA KIRAIA. Lakini sasa hivyo VIMADA vimeamua kunyea sahani.

Siku zote viti maalum siem na hata vyama vingine, taratibu hazieleweki kamwe. Ni nafasi ya kupeleka nao wake za watu bungeni lakini kwa burudani tu ya kimwili.

Ingawaje, TANGO, kama asasi nyinginezo nyingi hapa nchini mwetu Tanzania tunafahamu vema mlivyobanwa koo kutoongea wasichokipenda wakubwa au ma-hawara zao, hamko peke yenu katika msiba huo; vyombo vya habari ni hivyo hivyo, wanataaluma usiseme, vyama vya wafanyakazi ni geresha tupu hapa.

Lakini siku si nyigi sana Mtanzania atakua na UHURU wake tena na anapohoji jambo watu watalazimika kumsikiliza na kutoa majibu stahili na wala si KEJELI kama ambavyo tumesoma hapo juu. Nyamazeni tu msilie sana Watanzania kulazimishwa kuchagua cha kusema na wakati gani asiseme kabisa.

Jibu sahihi, kama ambavyo Jemadari wa kupambana na UFISADI, Dr Slaa, keshatuelekeza ni katika KUUNDA UPYA TUME YA UCHAGUZI na kuandika KATIBA MPYA. Kwingineko duniani mwanasiasa akichezea asasi za kiraia basi ndio inakua ni mwisho wake kabisa kisiasa lakini si hapa kwetu. Ipo siku.

hili sakata linafana na na uteuzi wa wale walemavu kupitia CHAMA CHA WALEMAVU TANZANIA, daima wamekua wakilalamika kuwa hawa wanaoteuliwa si chaguo la walemavu Tanzania

Wao! This is cool! Lets see, kwa hiyo ikotekea director wa NGO ambayo inapigania policies reform akawa mbuge kupitia chama fulani kweli huyo atakuwa na sifa za kuwepo policy forums? Nafikiri NGOs zibaki kuwa NGOs na siyo kuwa underground political parties.

Na kusema ukweli baada ya kuasses watu wanaopewa viti maalum si CCM wala CHADEMA nafikiri kamegeuka kamradi ka viongozi na familia za wanasiasa. It should be abolished in the name of National Interests. Naona ni akina dada wanaomeremeta tu kwani sisi ambao dada zetu wenye sura ya Lemy Ongala hawastahili?

Back
Top Bottom