MotoGP, WRC, SuperBike and other Motorsports

Bwana eeh, so sad Rossi leo kaondoka bila point..
Yeah.. mahesabu yake kidogo leo yalikuwa sio mazuri, aliwahi sana kubadilisha tairi zake, then kuanguka na kuspeed kwenye pit lane!

Anyway natumai mzunguko unaofuata atafanya vizuri!

Rossi has point to prove in Italy

Valentino Rossi says he is eager to put the first-ever last-place finish of his career behind him in Sunday's Italian MotoGP which takes place at Mugello.
Rossi has won seven years in a row in Italy and is keen to make up for a horror show last time out in France.
"Everything possible went wrong but hopefully that's all our bad luck and at our home race, we'll be back to our best," said the Fiat Yamaha rider.
"I have so many great memories of this race - let's hope to create some more."

More @ BBC SPORTS: MOTOGP

Stoner triumphs in Mugello epic
_45848743_stoner512.jpg

Casey Stoner ended Valentino Rossi's seven-year winning run in Italy with a thrilling win at the Italian MotoGP.
Jorge Lorenzo came second with Yamaha colleague Rossi third but Dani Pedrosa, who was injured in qualifying, was taken off on a stretcher after a crash.
Lorenzo's finish was impressive after he crashed on the warm-up and had a poor start from pole position.
More at MOTOGP

Lorenzo grabs pole for Barcelona contest

attachment.php

Jorge Lorenzo’s excellent second season in MotoGP continued at his home GP on Saturday as he took pole at the Circuit de Catalunya.

The MotoGP qualifying session at the Gran Premi Cinzano de Catalunya concluded with home rider Jorge Lorenzo securing his third pole position of 2009 in sweltering heat close to the Mediterranean coast.

The Fiat Yamaha star pleased the crowd in his special edition Barcelona FC livery securing the top slot on the grid with a 1’41.974 time on the 28th of 29 laps, putting him just ahead of team-mate Valentino Rossi by a 0.013s margin.

Having never been off the podium in the premier class at Montmeló Rossi will be confident of maintaining that remarkable record on Sunday, though he knows he will have to be at his best to beat his talented young Spanish colleague.

Completing the front row is Casey Stoner as MotoGP’s current trio of form riders showed their strengths once again, the Australian Ducati Marlboro representative lapping just under a half a second down on Lorenzo.

Andrea Dovizioso is the ‘nearly man’ in the premier class at present and he missed out on the front row by just 0.168s on his Repsol Honda factory RC212V. Nonetheless the Italian will try to fight for the podium having just fallen short at the last two rounds.

In fifth place at his home track, not traditionally his strongest circuit, Toni Elías (San Carlo Honda Gresini) will aim to improve his poor Barcelona record from the middle of the front row, whilst Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) ended up sixth and might have done better had he not crashed towards the end of the session.

Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda) has looked good so far this weekend and he qualified seventh, just in front of home hero Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) who also suffered a crash in the final moments – landing on his injured right hip, but not appearing to sustain any further damage as he walked away from the incident.

The top ten was rounded off by Englishman James Toseland (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) and Finnish rider Mika Kallio (Pramac Racing), both northern Europeans doing well to deal with the ambient temperatures of 38°C.

Source: MotoGP

Attachments

• n499924_lorenzo.action_2.preview.jpg
    n499924_lorenzo.action_2.preview.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 133
Rossi pips Lorenzo in Catalunya thriller

l3860324.jpg

Valentino Rossi held off the challenge of team-mate Jorge Lorenzo in a thrilling final lap to to win the Catalunya Grand Prix in Barcelona.

Casey Stoner finished third, which means that he, Rossi, Lorenzo and are now all level at the top of the championship standings on 106 points.

Rossi led for the first half of the race before allowing Lorenzo through.
The lead changed hands three times on the last lap before Rossi stole his 99th career win on the last corner.
"In Italian, for a race like this we say 'mamma mia!'" said Rossi afterwards.
ad8134f79808c9a9b2941a7ac8f689ef.jpg

"It was a great battle, the two Yamahas were flying on this track.
"After some laps I knew I had to fight and it was a great fight to the end, I wasn't sure of the result until the end."
Stoner looked physically drained after the race, and revealed he had not been fully fit.

"I've been slowly getting a little more sore and sick each day, and I was cramping after the warm-up," he said.

"I was really afraid to finish the race -halfway through I just gave up, I had nothing left, and I decided to just run for the points."
Source: BBC SPORTS

Pictures: EURO SPORTS

hivi hawa wapanda pikipiki hawana mawasiliano na pit crew kama ilivyo katika F1? LEO katika mashindano ya pikipiki za 125cc jamaa alikuwa anaongoza unknown to him with one lap to go akafikiri amemaliza mshindi na kuanza kushangilia kumbe there was one lap to go hivyo kapitwa na pikipiki tatu

Mpambano kati ya Rossi na Lorenzo hapo Catalunya

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• n500048_ROSSILORENZO01.preview_big.jpg
    n500048_ROSSILORENZO01.preview_big.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 127
  • n500056_LORENZOROSSI01.preview_big.jpg
    n500056_LORENZOROSSI01.preview_big.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 123
  • n500161__XNG390501.preview_big.jpg
    n500161__XNG390501.preview_big.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 119
Rossi earns 100th career victory....... More details still to come

Pedrosa storms to US MotoGP glory

Dani Pedrosa scorched to victory in the US MotoGP after coming from fourth on the grid to hit the front from the start of the race at Laguna Seca.

World champion Valentino Rossi came home in second place to stretch his championship lead to nine points.

Jorge Lorenzo and Casey Stoner produced courageous rides to finish third and fourth respectively after both men had suffered huge qualifying crashes.
Britain's James Toseland was disqualified for not obeying a penalty.

Toseland was given a ride-through penalty after he was judged to have jumped the start but failed to come in to the pit lane within the three laps alloted to do so.

It capped a miserable weekend for the Tech 3 Yamaha rider who had qualified in 15th place on the grid.

In stark contrast, Pedrosa profited from a searing start to zip into the lead and never relinquished it.

The only moment of concern for the Spaniard was on the final lap when he appeared to slow his pace too much and almost allowed Rossi a chance to overtake and steal victory.

Pedrosa told BBC Sport: "The performance was very good. I was comfortable, I was doing great laps, and just in the last lap I relaxed a little bit too much.
"When I saw in the last lap the bike of Rossi I thought maybe I was too slow. But it's a good feeling to be back winning for me and my team."

Rossi said: "I came down the hill in the last lap like a crazy man but it was too risky to overtake."

The Italian will be delighted with second place, though, after getting the better of an early tussle with Stoner, whose performance was all the more remarkable given his lack of fitness.

The Australian was forced to ride his number two bike after he has crashed out of qualifying on Saturday - a fall that left him suffering severe pain in his shoulder, arm and ribs.

Lorenzo fared even better than Stoner, despite having had a similar high-side crash in qualifying, managing to secure a place on the podium despite his discomfort.

It even looked at one stage as though the Yamaha rider, who had started from pole position, was going to pip Rossi to second.
But with five laps to go Lorenzo pushed so hard when overtaking that he only just managed to stay on the bike, running wide wide and allowing his team-mate Rossi to stay in second.

Lorenzo, who needed painkillers to be able to race, said: "Things were so difficult. I did the best I could. The pain was terrible in the collarbone.
"Valentino was fast and especially Dani but in the end I kept my pace and finished third."

American Nicky Hayden rode impressively to bring in his Ducati in fifth in front of his home crowd.

Rossi secures Donington pole spot

_46112254_vale226getty.jpg

World championship leader Valentino Rossi will start Sunday's British MotoGP at Donington from pole position.

The Yamaha rider bumped team-mate Jorge Lorenzo from top spot in qualifying, with Lorenzo having to settle for third after being passed by Dani Pedrosa.

Casey Stoner, who is third in the title race behind Rossi and Lorenzo, had another frustrating day, coming fourth.

More at BBC SPORTS: MotoGP

British MotoGP- Mtaliano aibuka kidedea..

l3930018.jpg

Italian rider Andrea Dovizioso won the British MotoGP at Donnington Park on the race's farewell appearance at the track.

The 23-year-old, who won the 250cc race at the same venue two years ago, finished ahead of Yamaha Tech3 rider Colin Edwards of the US and Honda's Randy De Puniet of France to secure his first MotoGP win.

"It is like my (2007) 250cc win, but this is MotoGP, the best riders and the best class, so this important," Dovizioso said.

"I am really happy with the podium and especially the win."

The near-90,000 spectators were hoping for another battle between Italian Rossi and Spain's Lorenzo after their epic finish at Germany's Sachsenring last Sunday.

More click here

..Mademu wa UK..:D

2747815853.jpg

3811693176.jpg

Stoner faces three-race lay-off

_46184969_stoner282.jpg

Stoner has battled on bravely despite health problems this season

Casey Stoner will miss the next three MotoGP races as he continues his recovery from illness, with his place being taken by Finland's Mika Kallio.

Ducati rider Stoner, 23, is third in the title race and was recently diagnosed with blood disorder anaemia and an inflamed stomach lining.

"Doctors are continuing tests to try to understand the problem and ensure it doesn't happen again," he said.

"I'll do everything possible to come back at full strength for Portugal."

Stoner, who is 37 points behind championship leader Valentino Rossi of Italy, will miss this weekend's race in the Czech Republic, as well as others at Indianapolis and San Marino.

More at BBC SPORTS: MOTOgp

De Angelis blinded by butterfly

Eurosport - Tue, 18 Aug 13:51:00 2009 A freak incident threatened to upset Alex De Angelis's Czech Republic MotoGP when he was temporarily blinded by a butterfly.

cda55e391fb847a6d623499a935d40b8.jpg
More Stories

The insect became lodged in the Honda Gresini rider's helmet five laps from the end, unsighting him and causing him to be overtaken by Mika Kallio and Marco Melandri.
Both Kallio and Melandri subsequently crashed out and De Angelis secured eighth place.
He said: "I set a target of a top eight so I am satisfied to achieve that but it could have been so much better. I was comfortable running with (Colin) Edwards, (Nicky) Hayden and the others until I suddenly got a butterfly trapped in my helmet.
"It was flapping around in front of my eyes and I couldn't see a thing! When it finally settled down I was able to focus again but my chance had gone."
Team manager Fausto Gresini said: "Alex didn't do badly - it was just a shame about the butterfly."
Eurosport

Pedrosa sets pace in Indianapolis

_46015208_pedrosa226.jpg

Dani Pedrosa romped to pole position for Sunday's Indianapolis MotoGP ahead of Fiat Yamaha pair Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi.

The Spaniard set a lap time of one minute 39.730 seconds, half a second faster than Lorenzo, with a late surge on the last lap putting Rossi third.

James Toseland was among the early pace-setters but ended up tenth.
MotoGP debutant Aleix Espargaro was 16th, and Ducati stand-in Mika Kallio crashed out again before coming 15th.

Rossi edged out Alex de Angelis by just one hundredth of a second to get onto the front row of the grid, so the San Marino rider will start on row two alongside American duo Colin Edwards and Nicky Hayden.

More at BBC SPORTS