Morning fire leaves 50 families in Thika homeless

Miss Zomboko

JF-Expert Member
May 18, 2014
Familia 50 zimeachwa bila ya makazi baada ya moto mkubwa kuteketeza nyumba zao katika eneo la Duka Moja huko Ngoliba.

Moto huo ulianzia katika nyumba moja majira ya saa mbili asubuhi and kuenea kwa haraka kutokana na kuwepo kwa upepo mkali.

=======

Fifty families were left homeless after a fire burnt down their homes in Duka Moja area in Ngoliba, Thika East on Saturday morning. The fire started in one of the houses at around 8am and spread fast due to strong winds and timber partition.

There were no casualties in the fire whose cause is yet to be determined. Most tenants, however, lost all household items and documents. Mzee Francis Kiili, who lost everything in the fire, said he was working in his shamba a few metres from the house when he heard screams.

“My first reaction was to rush to my neighbour’s house who has a disabled son but luckily someone had already evacuated him. I dashed to another house and helped to evacuate children who were trapped in the house.

But we could not salvage anything because by then the fire was too fierce,” said Thunzi. Speaking at the scene, businessman Patrick Wainaina said it was unfortunate that the area lacked firefighting services. He donated mattresses, blankets and foodstuff to the affected families.

Source: mediamaxnetwork.co.ke

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom