Mlima kilimanjaro inahitaji kura yako kuwa katika new 7 wonders of the world

Reasoning

Mar 7, 2009
JAMANI TUPIGE KURA KUPITIA 7newwonders.com TAFADHALI HAMASISHA WENGINE PIA .

Wednesday June 23, 2010
Local News

Kilimanjaro seeks support in ‘Nature wonders’ race

From MARC NKWAME in Arusha, 20th June 2010 @ 16:00, Total Comments: 0, Hits: 276

WITH only seven months to go before the world’s ‘New Seven Wonders’ of nature’ are announced, Mount Kilimanjaro has received just five per cent of its current votes
from Tanzania.

However, according to the New Seven Wonders’ Communications Officer, Tia B.Viering, the 95 per cent votes from other countries, mostly overseas have set the Africa’s highest peak to the highest position in the new ranking of the globe’s new seven wonders.

“It is exciting to see such international support for Kilimanjaro! It was indeed high up in the list of votes from outside the country. Actually what the ranking means is that 95 per cent of all votes for Kilimanjaro come from outside Tanzania,” wrote Ms Tia Viering in response to an email from the ‘Daily News,’ which sought to know how the local mountain was fairing in the ‘wonders’ race.

“This is obviously a chance to wake up Tanzanians and tell them that they also should support their natural icon,” added Ms Viering; “Right now, the ranking shows that Kilimanjaro is in the 12th position in the fastest-growing finalists.”

The official explained that statistics showed that only five per cent of all votes for Kilimanjaro during the past four weeks came from Tanzania. “This needs to change! We hope that this is a chance to encourage Tanzanians, East Africans, all Africans and also fans of Kilimanjaro to support the mountain.”

Millions of people worldwide are voting online for their favorite natural features, that they would like to make the forthcoming new ‘Wonders of the world’ list.

Spotting three volcanic cones; Kibo, Mawenzi and Shira, Mt Kilimanjaro, an inactive ‘strato-volcano’ is the tallest ‘free-standing’ mountain in the world, rising 4,600 metres above sea level. It includes the highest peak in Africa at 5,895 metres.

Kilimanjaro is one of the only two entries from Africa, the other being Cape Town’s ‘Table Mountain’ of South Africa (ranking 22nd).

Overall there are 28 natural features from around the world competing to make it into the new ‘Seven Wonders’ list to be announced on February 11, 2011.

Argentina’s Iguazu Falls currently leads the pack by amassing the most votes in the past four weeks. A week ago Kilimanjaro was number one for getting highest percentage of voting from outside its own country at 96 per cent.

Apart from Iguazu Falls, the other ‘Top-Five’ features in the ‘New Wonders’ listing include, Halong Bay, the Dead Sea, Amazon River and the Great Barrier Reef.

JAMANI TUPIGE KURA KUPITIA 7newwonders.com TAFADHALI HAMASISHA WENGINE PIA .

Wednesday June 23, 2010
Local News

Kilimanjaro seeks support in ‘Nature wonders' race

From MARC NKWAME in Arusha, 20th June 2010 @ 16:00, Total Comments: 0, Hits: 276

WITH only seven months to go before the world's ‘New Seven Wonders' of nature' are announced, Mount Kilimanjaro has received just five per cent of its current votes
from Tanzania.

However, according to the New Seven Wonders' Communications Officer, Tia B.Viering, the 95 per cent votes from other countries, mostly overseas have set the Africa's highest peak to the highest position in the new ranking of the globe's new seven wonders.

"It is exciting to see such international support for Kilimanjaro! It was indeed high up in the list of votes from outside the country. Actually what the ranking means is that 95 per cent of all votes for Kilimanjaro come from outside Tanzania," wrote Ms Tia Viering in response to an email from the ‘Daily News,' which sought to know how the local mountain was fairing in the ‘wonders' race.

"This is obviously a chance to wake up Tanzanians and tell them that they also should support their natural icon," added Ms Viering; "Right now, the ranking shows that Kilimanjaro is in the 12th position in the fastest-growing finalists."

The official explained that statistics showed that only five per cent of all votes for Kilimanjaro during the past four weeks came from Tanzania. "This needs to change! We hope that this is a chance to encourage Tanzanians, East Africans, all Africans and also fans of Kilimanjaro to support the mountain."

Millions of people worldwide are voting online for their favorite natural features, that they would like to make the forthcoming new ‘Wonders of the world' list.

Spotting three volcanic cones; Kibo, Mawenzi and Shira, Mt Kilimanjaro, an inactive ‘strato-volcano' is the tallest ‘free-standing' mountain in the world, rising 4,600 metres above sea level. It includes the highest peak in Africa at 5,895 metres.

Kilimanjaro is one of the only two entries from Africa, the other being Cape Town's ‘Table Mountain' of South Africa (ranking 22nd).

Overall there are 28 natural features from around the world competing to make it into the new ‘Seven Wonders' list to be announced on February 11, 2011.

Argentina's Iguazu Falls currently leads the pack by amassing the most votes in the past four weeks. A week ago Kilimanjaro was number one for getting highest percentage of voting from outside its own country at 96 per cent.

Apart from Iguazu Falls, the other ‘Top-Five' features in the ‘New Wonders' listing include, Halong Bay, the Dead Sea, Amazon River and the Great Barrier Reef.

Which Local News??

vote for kilimanjaro!!! this would be good for kenyan tourism.

Keep dreaming, you should be laughing all the way to the pit latrine, cause the more publicity the more wrong perception on its location is eroded! go to the link and see for yourself the exactly whereabouts of the Mt are stated! none of the western guys can confuse anymore! by the way i hear the GOT is constructing a highway within Serengeti though ill adviced i think it is as a result of the construction race currently going on i.e. New US$ 350mio. Serengeti Airport at Mugumu vs US$ 120 mio. at Taveta, now a highway at Serengeti, i expect a replication of the same at Masai Mara but mind you even the GOT is trying to get a new investor for its defunct Air Tanzania though can't be a Kenyan!

Keep dreaming, you should be laughing all the way to the pit latrine, cause the more publicity the more wrong perception on its location is eroded! go to the link and see for yourself the exactly whereabouts of the Mt are stated! none of the western guys can confuse anymore! by the way i hear the GOT is constructing a highway within Serengeti though ill adviced i think it is as a result of the construction race currently going on i.e. New US$ 350mio. Serengeti Airport at Mugumu vs US$ 120 mio. at Taveta, now a highway at Serengeti, i expect a replication of the same at Masai Mara but mind you even the GOT is trying to get a new investor for its defunct Air Tanzania though can't be a Kenyan!

tanzania air??? what is that??? are you trying to say that some airline from tanzania will catch up with kenya airways??? yall can revive as many airlines you want because you and your socilist ideologies will run it bankrupt again. you have already done before

OH I will be laughing alright. at your dumbass. the world thinks kilimanaro is in kenya!! thanx to the magnificent advertising by the kenya tourism board!!!

plus the EAC will ensure that kenyan tourists will have even more access to kilimanjaro. YOU CAN THANK THE EAC FOR THAT!!!

tanzania air??? what is that??? are you trying to say that some airline from tanzania will catch up with kenya airways??? yall can revive as many airlines you want because you and your socilist ideologies will run it bankrupt again. you have already done before

OH I will be laughing alright. at your dumbass. the world thinks kilimanaro is in kenya!! thanx to the magnificent advertising by the kenya tourism board!!!

plus the EAC will ensure that kenyan tourists will have even more access to kilimanjaro. YOU CAN THANK THE EAC FOR THAT!!!
keep dreaming, i think you are well aware Tz holds a blunt end while you are holiding a sharp end so these noises here will do nothing but harming you if at all the TZ authorities decide to frustrate/sabotage your tourism that highly depends on TZ's as supplements! from closing the Arusha border and Zanzibar channel that will lock out your tourists access to Serengeti, Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar respectively to packages discouraging to one visa refusal! You better keep quiet

OH I will be laughing alright. at your dumbass. the world think kilimanaro is in kenya!! thanx to the magnificent advertising by the kenya tourism board!!!

I see!! am just thinking how Tanzania will also benefit from EAC. as i cant say Mombasa port coz we have our Dar Port.
Is anyone with an Idea?

vote for kilimanjaro!!! this would be good for kenyan tourism.
This kind of trait of dog eat dog, makes you to be in the top of the failing state list.
I suggest you better revisit your slogan.
''sasa tumeua tembo kila mtu akate nyama kulingana na ukali wa kisu yake'' Jomo Kenyatta.

This kind of trait of dog eat dog, makes you to be in the top of the failing state list.
I suggest you better revisit your slogan.
''sasa tumeua tembo kila mtu akate nyama kulingana na ukali wa kisu yake'' Jomo Kenyatta.

little boy, it is not a slogan it is a fact of life. it is a dog eat dog world. plus you cant deny that is kilimanjaro wins the vote kenyan tourism will benefit from it. you can thank he EAC for that.

umaskini wa fikra ndo unaowasumbua waafrica hasa watanzania. hivi kitu kuwa ajabu mpaka kipigiwe kura?
watalii wamepewa upper hand ili hali sis wenye vyetu ndo tungekuwa na upper hand. how can we africans create our own competitive advantages?

Back
Top Bottom