Mjue mdudu '9 Desemba'

Analogia Malenga

JF-Expert Member
Feb 24, 2012
1607497736613.png

Moja ya aina ya Vunjachungu ambaye anafahamika kama Spiny Flower Mantis ni mdudu ambae kwa Tanzania anafahamika kwa jina la 9 Desemba

Mdudu huyu ambaye anapatikana maeneo mengi ya Afrika, kwa Tanzania alikuwa anaonekana zaidi siku ya 9 Desemba, ambayo ni siku ya Uhuru wa Tanzania uliopatikana 1961

Mbawa za mdudu huyu zinarangi zilizounda namba kama 9 au 6. Katika mbawa zote mbili. Kwa sababu ya namba hizo na kwa kuwa alionekana Desemba 9, basi akapewa jina hilo
1607497903308.png

===
Psuedocreobotra wahlbergii, also known as the #9 Mantis, is a very beautiful flower mantis from Africa. It gets its common name from the marking on its back resembling a number 9, or 6 depending on how you look at it.

This is an easy mantis to keep, even for beginners. I have not had too much trouble keeping these. They seem to have very strong “claws” for their size, which enables them to tackle large prey.

I have been keeping this species for years. It was actually one of the first few exotic sp. that I started breeding. They are not picky eaters, nor do they have too many problems. A few things I must mention though is that too high of a humidity without proper ventilation could easly mean death for them. They are very prone to fungal infections. As long as your careful about the humidity, that shouldn’t be an issue. Also, as with most other flower mantids, the #9 mantids do not take well to bad crickets. I am always weary about feeding crickets to my mantids unless I have been raising them myself for at least a week.

Breeding #9 mantids use to be a bit tough for me. The males would almost always have trouble staying out of the claws of the females. I have since learned that it is best to wait about 3 weeks rather than 2 before introducing the male. The females are usually far more receptive by then.

Below you will find a few pics of #9 mantids at various stages that I have kept and bred. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom