Kenya 2022 Miguna Miguna: I will vie for Nairobi governor seat in August polls

Kenya 2022 General Election

The Sheriff

JF-Expert Member
Oct 10, 2019
Sensational Kenyan lawyer Miguna Miguna has joined the race for the Nairobi governor seat.

Speaking to KTN News on Wednesday evening, Miguna said he will be giving his second stab at the City-County top seat in the August 9, polls.

“I intend to run for the Nairobi governor seat. I am a registered voter and I can run for any office," Miguna said.

Miguna, who in 2017 vied on an Independent ticket, did not disclose the party ticket he will use.

He, however, hinted at not running on an independent ticket after he said he will announce the party that he will use when the right time comes.

“I will be running on a party yet to be declared. Wait for the announcement, if I change my mind, I will let you know,” he stated.

Miguna has been in exile since March 2018, when he was forcefully deported out of the country in a series of dramatic events.

He joins several Kenyans who have expressed interest in the Nairobi governor seat.

Among those who have declared bids on an Azimio la Umoja ticket under Raila Odinga include Westlands MP Timothy Wanyonyi, Makadara MP George Aladwa, Governor Ann Kananu, former KNCCI boss Richard Ngatia and businessman Agnes Kagure.

In Kenya Kwanza Alliance led by Deputy President William Ruto, Senator Johnstone Sakaja and Bishop Margaret Wanjiru have expressed interest in the seat.

Miguna, however, faces several hurdles in his bid considering that he has been blocked from entering Kenya despite several court orders favouring him.

Kenya has maintained that the lawyer has to apply for his passport afresh, a directive Miguna has objected saying he never lost his citizenship.

Source: The Star

Kenyan politics has not been earthly; it's always been mercurial, plutonic and satanic! May we hope for a positive change in this one.

Kenyan politics has not been earthly; it's always been mercurial, plutonic and satanic! May we hope for a positive change in this one.
Tanzanian politics has never been healthy. Kazi yenu ni kupiga Wapinzani marisasi.

Back
Top Bottom