Meya wa Detroit na vi sms vyake kwa Kimada!

Mzee Mwanakijiji

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wenzenu leo tuna burudani ya aina yake ambayo inatuonesha kuwa labda sisi watu weusi aidha Uhamishoni au Afrika tuko vile vile.. we can't do anything right!

Si ndiyo mambo ya kupata kazi kwa influence ya mama.

Kwani back then alikuwa ameoa? Kama alikuwa hajaoa suna.

Wenzenu leo tuna burudani ya aina yake ambayo inatuonesha kuwa labda sisi watu weusi aidha Uhamishoni au Afrika tuko vile vile.. we can't do anything right!

Aisee hii kitu imenichekesha sana leo. Yaani hawa wakubwa wana vibweka kweli kweli. Hivi jamaa keshatoa tamko lolote...?

Ndivyo tulivyo jamani....kwikwikwiiiii

DETROIT - Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick bristled in the witness chair last year when asked whether he had an affair with a top aide. No, the mayor confidently told jurors, the two were never romantically involved.

But a trove of 14,000 text messages that emerged this week tell a different story: The mayor and his chief of staff carried on a flirty, sometimes sexually explicit dialogue about where to meet and how to conceal their numerous trysts.

Now the mayor's indiscretion has landed him in a Clinton-style scandal that could cost him his job and his law license and even bring perjury charges.

"I think the mayor needs to take responsibility for the situation," City Councilwoman Sheila Cockrel said Thursday. In politics, she said, "you operate in a fishbowl."

The Detroit Free Press did not explain exactly how it obtained the messages, which were sent or received in 2002-03 from Chief of Staff Christine Beatty's city-issued pager. The newspaper said it cross-referenced the messages with the mayor's private calendar and credit card records to verify events in some of the notes.

The mayor's denial came last summer during testimony in a lawsuit filed by two police officers who alleged they were fired for investigating claims from two former bodyguards that the mayor used his security unit to cover up extramarital affairs.

Mike Stefani, a lawyer for the officers, asked Beatty if she and Kilpatrick were "either romantically or intimately involved" during the period covered by the case.

"No," she replied, rolling her eyes.

While still on the witness stand, the mayor later went on the offensive about the allegations, defending his reputation and that of Beatty.

"I think it was pretty demoralizing to her - you have to know her - but it's demoralizing to me as well," he testified. "My mother is a congresswoman. There have always been strong women around me. My aunt is a state legislator. I think it's absurd to assert that every woman that works with a man is a whore."

Late Wednesday, Kilpatrick issued a statement about the messages that was more subdued.

"These five- and six-year-old text messages reflect a very difficult period in my personal life," he said. "It is profoundly embarrassing to have these extremely private messages now displayed in such a public manner."

On Thursday, mayoral spokesman James Canning said in a statement that Kilpatrick and his family were returning from Florida on Thursday evening "and plan to continue their private time for the next several days."

Last summer's lawsuit ended with the jury awarding $6.5 million to the two officers. The mayor seemed flabbergasted at the verdict and denied the allegations against him.

"I'm absolutely blown away at this decision. I know Detroiters are, too," he said at the time.

The text messages published by the Free Press revealed a romantic discourse that at times became sexually explicit.

"I'm madly in love with you," Kilpatrick wrote on Oct. 3, 2002.
"I hope you feel that way for a long time," Beatty replied. "In case you haven't noticed, I am madly in love with you, too!"
On Oct. 16, 2002, Kilpatrick wrote Beatty: "I've been dreaming all day about having you all to myself for 3 days. Relaxing, laughing, talking, sleeping and making love."
Kilpatrick is married with three children. Beatty was married at the time and has two children.

The two, both 37, have been friends since they attended the same Detroit high school. Kilpatrick also appointed Beatty as his chief of staff when he became state House minority leader in 1999. She was his campaign manager during his campaigns for state House and the mayor's office.

The content of the text messages "astounded" Judge Michael Callahan, who presided over the lawsuit. He said the messages would have been admitted into evidence, if they had been presented during the trial.

"I've done other whistle-blower cases, but I don't think I've ever had a trial as tense as the one involving the mayor and the city," he said.

Callahan said it would be up to local prosecutors to decide whether to seek perjury charges against the mayor. The county prosecutor's office declined to comment on Thursday, but scheduled a news conference for Friday morning.

A conviction of lying under oath is punishable by up to 15 years' imprisonment.

The Associated Press left messages seeking comment from Detroit lawyer Sam McCargo, who represented Kilpatrick in the trial.

Perjury cases are fairly simple to prove, according to Texas lawyer and former U.S. prosecutor Matthew Orwig.

"The matter here would just be the reliability of the text messages as evidence, proof of who wrote them and proof of making a false statement," Orwig said.

Kilpatrick, who was just 31 when first elected, has tried to reshape his image into that of a mature leader overseeing one of the nation's largest cities. He even shed a trademark diamond stud earring.

The mayor has received much of the credit for Detroit's surge in downtown development. But he had to fight for re-election in 2005 after his campaign was dogged by questions about his spending, including the use of city credit cards for expensive out-of-town travel and the lease of a luxury sport utility vehicle for his family.

The disclosures about his personal life could give pause to anyone considering investing in the city.

"Investors want to feel a sense of security about the future," said Mackinac Center economist Michael LaFaive. "For companies on the margins, do they decide in favor of Detroit or against it? This news throws a new and complex set of variables into the equation."

BY JIM SCHAEFER and M.L. ELRICK

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS COPYRIGHT ©2008, DETROIT FREE PRESS

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his chief of staff lied about their relationship last summer at a police whistle-blower trial that has cost the cash-strapped city more than $9 million, according to records obtained by the Free Press.

The false testimony potentially exposes them to felony perjury charges, legal experts say.

Kilpatrick and chief of staff Christine Beatty denied during testimony in August that they had a sexual relationship. But the records, a series of text messages, show them engaged in romantic banter as well as planning and recounting sexual liaisons.

The messages are also at odds with the pair's trial testimony that they did not fire Deputy Police Chief Gary Brown in 2003, an ouster that led him to sue. The text messages show Beatty recalling the "decision that we made to fire Gary Brown."

The newspaper examined nearly 14,000 text messages on Beatty's city-issued pager. The exchanges, which the Free Press obtained after the trial, cover two months each in 2002 and 2003.

The Kilpatrick-Beatty relationship and Brown's dismissal were central to the whistle-blower suit filed by Brown and Harold Nelthrope, a former police officer and mayoral bodyguard. The two cops accused Kilpatrick of retaliating against them because of their roles in an internal affairs investigation of the mayor's security team -- a probe that potentially could have exposed the affair.

The Free Press sought interviews with Kilpatrick and Beatty, but they declined.

Late Wednesday, the mayor released a statement that said the text messages were "profoundly embarrassing" and "reflect a very difficult period" in his life.

"My wife and I worked our way through these intensely personal issues years ago," he wrote.

The mayor's statement did not address his or Beatty's trial testimony.

The text messages cover a range of issues, from the daily minutiae of city business to political gossip to the latest doings on "American Idol." Kilpatrick and Beatty, both 37, exchanged personal messages almost daily, including romantic notes.

"I'm madly in love with you," Kilpatrick wrote on Oct. 3, 2002.

"I hope you feel that way for a long time," Beatty answered. "In case you haven't noticed, I am madly in love with you, too!"

Other texts contain sexual content, like this exchange on April 8, 2003:

Beatty: "And, did you miss me, sexually?"

Kilpatrick: "Hell yeah! You couldn't tell. I want some more. "
SkyTel, the Mississippi-based company that provided text devices to the city, confirmed the existence of messages to the Free Press.

The city has tried since 2004 to keep the text messages under wraps. It fought in court to keep them from being provided to the legal team for the former cops and went to court this month in an effort to kill a subpoena issued in a Free Press suit to learn more about the settlement.

If Kilpatrick and Beatty are found to have committed perjury, they could face up to 15 years in prison under state law.

Peter Henning, a professor of criminal law at Wayne State University, said "there is a basis to raise a question whether this is perjury." He added that proving perjury is difficult. "It's rare that you get a question that is so clear that it is obviously perjury," he said.

He added that prosecutors may initiate an investigation on their own.

Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, declined comment Wednesday.

Wayne County Circuit Judge Michael Callahan, who oversaw the whistle-blower trial, was shown excerpts of text messages Wednesday. It was the first time he had seen them.

He said he is unlikely to take action, given that the case has been settled, but would cooperate if a prosecutor decides to investigate.

"If it happened during the case, they would feel the fury of my wrath, but it's over," Callahan said. "Now, I wish I had seen the messages."

Kilpatrick, a lawyer, could also face discipline if the state Attorney Discipline Board finds he lied in court.

Lying under oath is one of the worst sins a lawyer can commit -- akin to stealing a client's money, legal experts said.

"It's literally the equivalent of the death penalty for a law license," said Michael Schwartz, former administrator of the Michigan Attorney Grievance Commission, which investigates lawyers.

The head of the grievance commission, Robert Agacinski, declined to say Wednesday if he would investigate.

Beatty, a Wayne State law student, may face hurdles to obtaining a law license if she lied to or deceived a court.

Mike Stefani, the lawyer for the former cops, said he was not surprised the mayor's testimony was contradicted by the text messages.

"I know he perjured himself," Stefani said. "And I was maintaining that throughout the trial."

Taxpayers hit

The costly settlement of the whistle-blower suit was a financial blow to a city that is struggling to provide services to residents and is selling assets to raise money.

Kilpatrick balked at early efforts to settle the 2003 suit and continued to fight even after his attorneys learned in 2004 that the damaging messages might eventually surface in the case.

In June of that year, a mediation panel urged the city to pay Brown and Nelthrope $2.25 million to drop the suits. The city and Kilpatrick rejected the recommendation. So did the cops, although Stefani, their lawyer, said the city never made a settlement offer over the next three years.

At the trial last summer, the mayor and Beatty denied a romantic relationship. Both were married at the time of the text messages; Beatty later divorced.

Stefani asked Beatty the following question when she was on the stand Aug. 28:

"During the time period 2001 to 2003, were you and Mayor Kilpatrick either romantically or intimately involved with each other?"

Rolling her eyes, Beatty answered: "No."

Kilpatrick testified for more than three hours the next day.

Stefani asked him: "Mayor Kilpatrick, during 2002 and 2003 were you romantically involved with Christine Beatty?"

Kilpatrick's response: "No."

The messages show otherwise: They arranged trysts in area hotels and on business trips and exchanged messages that were unmistakably sexual.

The Free Press is not publishing some of those exchanges because of their explicit nature."I've been dreaming all day about having you all to myself for 3 days," the mayor wrote on Oct. 16, 2002. "Relaxing, laughing, talking, sleeping and making love."

During the trial, Kilpatrick bristled when testifying about speculation that he and Beatty were lovers.

"I think it was pretty demoralizing to her -- you have to know her -- but it's demoralizing to me as well," he said. "My mother is a congresswoman. There have always been strong women around me. My aunt is a state legislator. I think it's absurd to assert that every woman that works with a man is a whore. I think it's disrespectful not just to Christine Beatty but to women who do a professional job that they do every single day. And it's also disrespectful to their families as well."

Times of conflict

The dates covered by the text messages are significant because they surround two controversial periods of the mayor's first term in office.

The first batch -- September through October 2002 -- book-ends the purported date of a never-proven wild party at the Manoogian Mansion, the city's mayoral residence. Nelthrope mentioned rumors of strippers and an assault at the alleged party to internal affairs investigators. The second batch -- April-May 2003 -- covers the weeks before and after Brown's ouster as head of internal affairs. Brown had wanted to investigate Nelthrope's allegations.

The text messages suggest Kilpatrick and Beatty intended to fire Brown, even though they and their lawyers said in court they meant only to remove him from his post overseeing internal affairs.

"He was not fired," Kilpatrick testified. "My understanding is he could go back to lieutenant ... but I think Mr. Brown chose to retire."

The text messages, however, use "fire" to describe Brown's departure. On May 15, 2003, Beatty wrote to Kilpatrick: "I'm sorry that we are going through this mess because of a decision that we made to fire Gary Brown. I will make sure that the next decision is much more thought out. Not regretting what was done at all. But thinking about how we can do things smarter."

Kilpatrick replied: "It had to happen though. I'm all the way with that!"

Personal history

Beatty and Kilpatrick have been friends since attending Detroit Cass Technical High School together in the mid-1980s. Beatty has run all of his election campaigns, including his winning bid for state representative in 1996. He has praised her as an indefatigable and tough negotiator who helped the city wrest concessions from labor unions.

But she has also been a source of controversy. One notable example came in 2004, after Detroit police pulled her over for allegedly speeding.

The cops say she pointedly asked them: "Do you know who the (expletive) I am?" before calling Detroit Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings. Beatty later acknowledged calling the chief from her cell phone, but denied pulling rank on the officers. She was never ticketed.

Kilpatrick also has been a longtime friend of Lou Beatty, who was married to Christine Beatty until their 2006 divorce.

At the trial in the whistle-blower suit, Kilpatrick testified: "Lou Beatty grew up three houses down from me. We played on the same Little League team. He played football with me, yes, at Cass Tech. ... At 6 o'clock he'll be coaching my sons."

In Washington

In 2002, among their intimate text conversations, Kilpatrick and Christine Beatty planned a clandestine meeting in the mayor's Washington hotel room during the Congressional Black Caucus annual legislative conference.

Beatty asked the mayor, on Sept. 12, 2002, if she could "come and lay down in your room until you get back?"The next morning Kilpatrick, referring to his bodyguards, wrote: "They were right outside the door. They had to have heard everything."

Beatty replied: "So we are officially busted!"

"Damn that," Kilpatrick responded. "Never busted. Busted is what you see!"

The text traffic appears to lend credence to allegations made by Walt Harris, a former mayoral bodyguard who filed his own whistle-blower suit. Harris said he was punished for supporting Nelthrope's reports of wrongdoing by Kilpatrick and his bodyguards.

His lawsuit claimed, among other things, that Beatty met alone with the mayor in Kilpatrick's hotel room during the Washington trip in 2002.

Kilpatrick later told reporters Harris was making up stories to get money from the city.

On May 14, 2003, Kilpatrick and Beatty traded text messages about another late-night tryst in a Washington hotel. The next day, Kilpatrick stood on the steps of the Manoogian Mansion and spoke of his devotion to family and God amid a frenzy of news reports that Brown was fired for looking into rumors of the Manoogian party.

The verdict

In September, a Wayne County jury concluded Brown and Nelthrope were victims of retaliation and found in their favor, awarding Brown $3.9 million and Nelthrope $2.6 million.

Kilpatrick's public response was: "I'm absolutely blown away at this decision, and I know Detroiters are, too."

The next morning, on Sept. 12, Kilpatrick told a WJLB-FM (97.9) radio audience why he had refused to settle the case.

"I thought that the people of the city of Detroit needed to have an opportunity to hear the truth, they needed to see me sit in the chair," he said. "They saw that." He vowed an appeal.

Then, in October, Kilpatrick abruptly settled the case, as well as the suit brought by Harris, for a combined $8.4 million. Legal costs have pushed the total to more than $9 million.

"Since the verdict," Kilpatrick told residents in a statement, "I've listened to pastors, business leaders and so many Detroiters who genuinely love and care about me and this city. I've humbly concluded that a settlement ... is the correct decision for my family and the entire Detroit community."

Kilpatrick's decision to settle pleased Detroit City Council members, who swiftly approved the deal.

Harris received $400,000. Records show Kilpatrick could have settled that case two years ago for $100,000 -- but he rejected the mediators' recommendation.

Because they were sued in their roles as city officials, Kilpatrick and Beatty did not personally have to pay the costs from the $9-million legal fight.

Mapenzi ya "primary" ndio matatizo yake!!!. sms za nini wakati "kinanda" unafanyanacho kazi kila siku? uswahili na ubahatishaji ulokithiri...............watamfunga kwa perjury, yetu macho!!.

Chekini hii....

KK: "I'm madly in love with you."
CB: "I hope you feel that way for a long time. In case you haven't noticed, I am madly in love with you, too!"

KK: I'm at Laker game. The security doesn't believe I'm mayor. Mike is pulling out all kind of shirt to prove it.
CB: And, did you miss me, sexually?
KK: Hell yeah! You couldn't tell. I want some more. Don't sleep!

KK: That's the first time that I couldn't fully seduce you. My game is off. LOL! Thanx for the conversation and the QT! Love you!
CB: LOL! Your game is way on baby! "you had me at hello!" Jerry McGuire 2000. LOL. I just didn't want to get caught.

Hivi nyie kwa nini mnaendelea kumbembeleza huyu baller? One would have thought watu wa DTOWN mshamchoka lakini wapi!!!BTW If any of you fellas here in JF (esp mliopo Ulaya na USA)wanna meet freaks and get an education at the same time get a Masters of Social Work. The profession is about 95 percent women to 5 percent men ....you know the rest

bilde

FREE PRESS SPECIAL INVESTIGATION
Mayor Kilpatrick, chief of staff lied under oath, text messages show

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his chief of staff lied about their relationship last summer at a police whistle-blower trial that has cost the cash-strapped city more than $9 million, according to records obtained by the Free Press. The false testimony potentially exposes them to felony perjury charges, legal experts say.

* Photo Images of text message documents
* Photo Images of Kilpatrick, Beatty
* • Read excerpts from the text messages
* • Statement from Mayor Kilpatrick
* • City fought for years to keep the text messages secret
* • The chain of events
* • What is perjury?
* • BREAKING NEWS ANIMATION: Mayor Kilpatrick
* • STEPHEN HENDERSON: For mayor, city, lies undermine potential
* • EDITORIAL: Serve city, starting with truth
* • Post a comment on this Free Press special investigation
* • VIDEO: The mayor's response to infidelity charges (August 2007)

bilde

bilde

bilde

Read excerpts from the text messages

January 23, 2008

In public statements and under oath, Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick has denied repeatedly over the past four years that he had a sexual relationship with his chief of staff, Christine Beatty. The issue was central to claims by former police officers who sued the city and Kilpatrick, accusing the mayor and Beatty of retaliation in part because of what the cops knew about Kilpatrick's private conduct. The Free Press obtained nearly 14,000 text messages from Beatty's city-issued paging device. The messages reveal hundreds of personal exchanges between the mayor and Beatty in September-October 2002 and April-May 2003. Many describe a sexual relationship, often graphicly. The two of them arranged trysts, plotted to spend nights together while traveling on city business and discussed their fears of being caught by the mayor's security team. The Free Press is excerpting some passages, but is withholding exchanges that refer explicitly to sex acts.

WHAT KILPATRICK TESTIFIED

Aug. 29, 2007, Wayne County Circuit Court

Advertisement
Mike Stefani, lawyer for ex-cops Gary Brown and Harold Nelthrope: Mayor Kilpatrick, during 2002 and 2003 were you romantically involved with Christine Beatty?

Kilpatrick: No.

Valerie Colbert-Osamuede, lawyer for the City of Detroit: And would it be fair to say, sir, that in your professional relationship as mayor and Christine Beatty's professional relationship as chief of staff, that you in fact have conducted yourself in such a way as professionals in a non-sexual way?

Kilpatrick: Yes.

WHAT KILPATRICK SAID IN PUBLIC

May 21, 2004

After a judge unsealed depositions in which former mayoral bodyguard Walt Harris said under oath that Kilpatrick cheated on his wife with Beatty, Kilpatrick said: "All of the allegations are completely false."

Referring to Harris and other accusers, Kilpatrick added: "They will say anything to get money. They are suing the city. ... They want the taxpayer dollars and we're refusing to give it."

WHAT BEATTY TESTIFIED

Aug. 28, 2007, Wayne County Circuit Court

Stefani: During the time period 2001 to 2003, were you and Mayor Kilpatrick either romantically or intimately involved with each other?

Beatty: No.

Dec. 9, 2003, deposition in the whistle-blower suit

Stefani: So you've not dated the mayor at all?

Beatty: No, I've not dated the mayor at all.

Stefani: Do you have any knowledge of the mayor philandering?

Beatty: No, I do not.

Stefani: Do you believe that he does philander?

Beatty: Is this something I have to answer? OK. No, I do not.

Stefani: During the trip (referring to a Sept. 9-15, 2002, trip to Washington, D.C.), did you and the mayor spend time alone together in his hotel room?

Beatty: I don't recall that at all.

Stefani: Is it possible you could have?

Beatty: I doubt it. ...

Stefani: Did you use the message device to arrange social meetings between you and the mayor?

Stefani: Did you ever send the mayor, or receive from the mayor, a text message which was of an intimate or sexual nature?

WHAT TEXT MESSAGES SHOW

9/12/02, 10:38 p.m., during trip to Washington, D.C.

Christine Beatty: Can I just come and lay down in your room until you get back?

Kwame Kilpatrick: Yes.

9/13/02, 9:02 a.m. (the next morning)

KK: They were right outside the door. They [the mayor's bodyguards] had to have heard everything...

CB: So we are officially busted! LOL

KK: LOL LOL! Damn that. Never busted. Busted is what you see! LOL. ...

CB: LOL, LOL. Damn, so they have to walk in before you conceed busted! LOL.

KK: Hell yeah. Walk in.

9/15/02, 3:38 a.m. (still in Washington)

CB: I'm on my way to your room now. But by the time you get there I'll be sleep and it will be 5am!

KK: I got something for you.

CB: LOL. Is that so? I'm in your room. Don't let Mike check it [an apparent reference to Mike Martin, a bodyguard who often traveled with the mayor]. Are you in route or still hanging? What do you have for me?
bildeer9.jpg

9/24/2002, 6:56 p.m.

CB: This is one of those little things I had to tell you. Last night when I was laying on your shoulder in the car and you held my face and sang whatever song it was, that felt so good. It was just one of those little moments when you just made me fall some more.

9/28/2002, 11:53 p.m.

CB: Where are you now?

KK: At home waiting for all EP [executive protection unit officers] to leave. Where are you?

CB: At the residence inn in Madison hgts.

KK: What rm?

CB: ...I'm in room 311 in bldg 3 in the back.

10/7/2002, 11:20 p.m.

CB: OK, I'm feeling like I want another night like the most recent Saturday at the Residence Inn! You made me feel so damn good that night. As you can see I can't let it go! ...

KK: I feel that we can do that in WV [West Virginia] + just relax together. I need you soooo bad. I want to wake up in the morning and you are there. Make it happen. Love ya.

10/8/2002, 10:18 a.m.

KK: I'm fine. Need a break. I want to get out of town w/you. Check on resorts outside of Houston.

10/16/02, 11:48 p.m.

KK: I've been dreaming all day about having you all to myself for 3 days...relaxing, laughing, talking, sleeping and making love.

10/31/2002, 5:28 p.m.

KK: I'll feel better once I'm holding you.

CB: You didn't say whether or not we are trying for some time tonight.

KK: Definitely. I'm getting a room. Damn that!

CB: LOL. Okie dokie.

(Kilpatrick later tells her to pick up room key at Marriott)

11/1/2002, 12:28 a.m.

KK: 6301 or 6302?

CB: Definitely 6302! 6301 has two double beds.

4/8/2003, 8:55 p.m.

KK: I'm at Laker game. The security doesn't believe I'm mayor. Mike is pulling out all kind of shirt to prove it.

CB: And, did you miss me, sexually?

KK: Hell yeah! You couldn't tell. I want some more. Don't sleep!

5/5/2003, midnight

KK: That's the first time that I couldn't fully seduce you. My game is off. LOL! Thanx for the conversation and the QT! Love you!

CB: LOL! Your game is way on baby! "you had me at hello!" Jerry McGuire 2000. LOL. I just didn't want to get caught.

The termination of Deputy Police Chief Gary Brown

Under oath at trial and in depositions, Kilpatrick and Beatty denied firing Brown for pursuing an internal affairs investigation involving the mayor, his police bodyguards and staff. Brown said he was fired in part because the mayor and Beatty feared their relationship would be exposed. Kilpatrick and Beatty testified that the mayor merely revoked Brown's appointment as a deputy chief, effectively demoting him
1zmf7li.png

WHAT KILPATRICK TESTIFIED

Aug. 29, 2007, Brown whistle-blower suit, Wayne County Circuit Court.

Valerie Colbert-Osamuede, lawyer for the City of Detroit: Did you terminate Mr. Brown?

Kilpatrick: No. I did not terminate Mr. Brown. I did not fire Mr. Brown.

Colbert-Osamuede: When you removed Deputy Chief Brown from his appointment, was it your intent to harm him?

Kilpatrick: Not at all.

Colbert-Osamuede: What was your intent, sir?

Kilpatrick: My intent was to move him out of the public, I mean professional accountability, bureau, and find a more professional person who understood that. That had grew up in that process, and get that person in there. But it wasn't to damage him in any way. And it was a tough decision. These decisions are always tough. But it wasn't to hurt him, step on him, do things to him.

WHAT BEATTY TESTIFIED

Aug. 28, 2007, at the whistle-blower suit.

Beatty: Again, Mr. Brown was not fired.

Dec. 9, 2003, in deposition taken by Brown's lawyer, Mike Stefani.

Beatty: Gary Brown wasn't fired.

Stefani: He was what again?

Beatty: He was unappointed from his position as deputy chief and has since retired from the Detroit Police Department. He wasn't fired.

WHAT TEXT MESSAGES SHOW

The following is an excerpt from Beatty's city-issued paging device. The exchange came two days after Brown said at a press conference that he was fired.

May 15, 2003, 11:02 a.m.

Beatty: I'm sorry that we are going through this mess because of a decision that we made to fire Gary Brown. I will make sure that the next decision is much more thought out. Not regretting what was done at all, but thinking about how we can do things smarter.

Kilpatrick: True! It had to happen though. I'm all the way with that!

ChristineBeatty-LG.jpg

Christine-Beatty.jpg

Mayoral Chief of Staff Christine Beatty has led successful teams that settled several key issues that were unresolved when Mayor Kilpatrick took office. She led the City's negotiating team that developed the agreement to establish the Detroit/Wayne County Health Authority, a concept that had been stagnant for more than 35 years. Beatty also led the City's negotiating team that developed the agreement to save Detroit Receiving Hospital and led the team that successfully negotiated with 41 city unions to reach new contracts that replaced those which had expired six months before the Mayor took office. Beatty also led the restructuring team of the Health and Human Services Department.
D.O.B. – May 29, 1970
Marital Status – Married
City of Birth - Detroit
Education History – B.S. Social Work, Howard University; M.S.W., WSU
Position held prior to current – Chief of Staff for State Representative Kwame M. Kilpatrick
Number of Years with City – 3

Well ni skendo inasikitisha haswa kwa kuwa viongozi weusi ni wachache! Moja tu huyu Meya tusimhukumu kwa ajili ya rangi yake- wezi wapo wengi -tunakumbuka ya Clinton na Monica?

Huyu Meya yawezekana alikuwa na mazoea ya kuiba tangu siku nyingi!

Kwa kweli hii ni tabia mbaya sana, inanikumbusha jamaa mmoja hapa JF, ambaye anapenda sana kutukana wenziwe na kuwaita kuwa ni waongo na kwamba yeye ni mkweli sana, sasa na yeye nimeamua kuwa akirudia tena kumtukana mtu na kuita wengine member wengine hapa JF kuwa ni waongo basi itabidi tu nimuweke wazi kuhusu tabia yake ya ku-cheat out of his wife, na nitaenda step futher kwa kutafuta njia za kumfahamisha mpaka mke wake, maana mke wake tunamjua na kimada pia tunamjua, mpaka na picha tunazo, sipendi haya mambo lakini huyu mtu nimemstahi sana lakini sasa nimeshasema liwalo na liwe,

Sasa tizama huyu mkuu wa Detroit, picha za familia zilivyo convincing, mimi nina mke na watoto ambao ninajaribu kufikiria jinsi ninavyoweza kuwaangalia usoni na baadaye kutuma text kama hizo kwa dem mwingine, lo Mungu inusuru hii dunia!

yaani hapa hata si utani! jamaa walianza mahusiano tangu wakiwa high school.. wote wakafunga ndoa na watu wengine lakini bado wakawa wanamegeana. Sasa, player gangsta mayor anacholilia (as usual) ni ubaguzi, wamekuwa wakimfuata fuata sana.. ndio maana mwenzenu nilihamia "nje kidogo ya jiji la Detroit" so officially is not my mayor .. namkana hadharani..

Mzee hii inaitwa Detroit.. hakuna lolote la kuwasumbua hawa. Watu hawahangaiki na kucheat (the President did it too and he survived) nadhani pagumu ni hapo penye perjury.

Remember, it is not what they got, but what they can prove! na news article is not proof! Ndipo mtakapoona how they gonna debate the meaning of the word "is" is!

evidence ya text messages ndio imeua timu, remember kwa Clinton ushahidi ulikuwa wa hearsay/he said she said. kama kungekuwa hakuna sms kusingekuwa na perjury na kwa maana hiyo kamchezo kangekuwa ni "mdako" tu. lakini "i didn't have sex with tht woman" hii ina back up ya sms.......isingekuwa issue kama wangetumia "pagerz" zao binafsi, lakini hapa ni pesa ya walipa kodi. kasema urongo under oath..............kaaaazi kweli kweli.

Back
Top Bottom